The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
i was planning on going on that, but my school does an exchange with our sister town in Germany that is £300 cheaper than the coach ride with Acorn, and we go by plane. i don't get as much freedom, but i still got to do work experience.
Reply 101
My Careers Advisor told me I should do one of these trips with Acorn - I REALLY want to, but I can't afford it... :frown:
Reply 102
yeah, same here, it would be cheaper to spend a week in germany by not going with Acorn. especially if you're just working all day, so it's not as if you're spending loads of money shopping and stuff.
Reply 103
it is possible to get a grant of about 300-400 pounds i think, about 10 people at my school got these!
Reply 104
yeah, but it isn't that much if you think about it. all the travel money to and from work, then there is the nights out, and the food to buy during your lunch hour
Reply 105
amylase55
it is possible to get a grant of about 300-400 pounds i think, about 10 people at my school got these!

A grant from who?
Reply 106
the government i think? i'm not sure of the details to be honest, might say on acorn website. but as they gave out 10 at my school i assumed they would at other schools too
Reply 107
yeah, our school got grants as well, but it was from a language company.
I'm going to Nimes this year :smile: (THREE days!)
eGot it free this time, school paid half and Jack Petchey paid the other half.
Reply 109
I just went to Le Mans with them this february half term.
It was amazing!
they sort the placement out for you and you go and work.. and have an awsome time exploring and going out when you're not. i worked in a piano repair shop.
i was really nervous about it all cos that poster doesnt give you very much information does it?
i'd deffinately recommend it.
I will be going at quite a bad time when deep revision should be happening (week after Easter holidays) and I'm going to miss so much maths/further maths!!

Anyway I'll be staying in the Quartier Latin, Paris (in a youth hostel) but have no idea where I'm doing my placement as my teacher still hasn't got back to us on that!

My first choices were with children/music did anyone else do theirs in Paris at a school or something and how was it?
Reply 111
yeah its really good how much freedom you get and everything...made me feel very grown up :biggrin:
Reply 112
yeah they do take AGES to tell you where ytour going.. well it isn't too bad but when you're so excited you get impatient to hear where your working. :P
hope you have a great time .. we had sooo much fun in LeMans :smile:
Reply 113
Aww I really really really want to do one (or two, in France and Germany), but I can't afford it. :frown:
Is anyone going to Lille on the 19th of this month?! I'm really excited!

Latest

Trending

Trending