The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm making Cardiff my firm offer for radiography, is anyone else?
Original post by shellsbells04
Has anyone got an offer for UCS? I got mine the other day 🎉

Yes! Got my unconditional! Cant wait to start now! Congrats on your offer!! :smile:
Original post by _kelly_rose_
Yes! Got my unconditional! Cant wait to start now! Congrats on your offer!! :smile:

Thank you :smile: congratulations on yours too. Mines conditional so I've got a lot of hard work to do, but I am looking forward to going so much. Have you applied for accommodation?
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you :smile: congratulations on yours too. Mines conditional so I've got a lot of hard work to do, but I am looking forward to going so much. Have you applied for accommodation?

Thanks! Ah good luck with your exams! I did my A levels a couple of years ago, so Im very lucky in that I don't have to stress too much anymore! Yes, have paid the deposit for a room in Athena Hall - I live near Bournemouth so it's just a bit too far to commute every day haha! Have you applied for accommodation? :smile:
Thanks! Ah good luck with your exams! I did my A levels a couple of years ago, so Im very lucky in that I don't have to stress too much anymore! Yes, have paid the deposit for a room in Athena Hall - I live near Bournemouth so it's just a bit too far to commute every day haha! Have you applied for accommodation? :smile:

Thanks :smile: Yeah I'm looking forward for them to be over, not long now :eek: Just a little far :biggrin: I've booked a room in flat D12a, I live in Kent not as far as Bournemouth but still far.
Thanks :smile: Yeah I'm looking forward for them to be over, not long now :eek: Just a little far :biggrin: I've booked a room in flat D12a, I live in Kent not as far as Bournemouth but still far.

Yeah i can imagine! Which subjects are you taking? Oh my goodness, i've booked D12a too haha! See you there!! Ah yeah, still way too far to travel every day aha!
Yeah i can imagine! Which subjects are you taking? Oh my goodness, i've booked D12a too haha! See you there!! Ah yeah, still way too far to travel every day aha!

I got slightly messed around by my school, so ended up taking business, photography and maths, I would of preferred to have taken a science subject instead of business but oh well. Which A-levels did you do? Awesome, its getting more and more real that its (hopefully) going to happen the more I talk to people, I've found one other person on here that's in our flat, he'll be studying diagnostic radiography.
I got slightly messed around by my school, so ended up taking business, photography and maths, I would of preferred to have taken a science subject instead of business but oh well. Which A-levels did you do? Awesome, its getting more and more real that its (hopefully) going to happen the more I talk to people, I've found one other person on here that's in our flat, he'll be studying diagnostic radiography.

Ah nice, I took Biology, Chemistry and Physics to A2 and did Maths and Music as well at AS, but got horrific grades so thought I had no chance of getting in to the course! I really think they mainly look at what sort of person you are rather than your grades, so if I were you I wouldnt stress too much about the exams..what grades are they saying you need to get? Im sure it will happen! :smile: ah thats awesome, I cant wait to meet everyone! :smile:
Ah nice, I took Biology, Chemistry and Physics to A2 and did Maths and Music as well at AS, but got horrific grades so thought I had no chance of getting in to the course! I really think they mainly look at what sort of person you are rather than your grades, so if I were you I wouldnt stress too much about the exams..what grades are they saying you need to get? Im sure it will happen! :smile: ah thats awesome, I cant wait to meet everyone! :smile:

Sorry I completely missed that you replied :eek: They're saying i need 300 ucas points which I think is equivalent to BBB. I totally understand the difficulty of A Levels, I'm in my third year of doing them now. I completely messed up my first year of them, I attempted four and failed them all, changed schools and now am on track to get at the least 280 ucas points. I'm so excited too :smile:
Has anyone else got an email about an occupational health assessment? I'm a little confused haha
Yeah I did last week, took me forever to figure out how to load the form to fill in as it didn't work on mine or my dads laptop
Hi guys, i made a very late application (had a mid life crisis) and was wondering how long universities take to make offers? Most interested in city university and hertfordshire - thank you in advance :biggrin:
They take about a week or 2 usually to reply. Hertfordshire replied to me within 2 weeks of my interview
Im super super worried!! have you decided where you are going?

Ps. Thank you for replying! :-)
No problem; I firmed Hertfordshire. Have you had any interviews?
Original post by helloooo46
Im super super worried!! have you decided where you are going?

Ps. Thank you for replying! :-)
Sorry I completely missed that you replied :eek: They're saying i need 300 ucas points which I think is equivalent to BBB. I totally understand the difficulty of A Levels, I'm in my third year of doing them now. I completely messed up my first year of them, I attempted four and failed them all, changed schools and now am on track to get at the least 280 ucas points. I'm so excited too :smile:

Oops, so sorry, turns out I'm not great at replying either haha! How are your exams going? Good luck with getting the points, I'm sure you will! :smile:
Original post by WHAAAAAAT
No problem; I firmed Hertfordshire. Have you had any interviews?

No :frown: i only submitted it last friday because my reference took ageeeeees to provide a reference - so that doesnt help either :/ I did contact hertfordshire to ask if they had received my application and they said they did but were waiting on the "physical stuff to arrive" - so hopefully it wont be too long now :P what is your insurance/back up uni?
Original post by helloooo46
No :frown: i only submitted it last friday because my reference took ageeeeees to provide a reference - so that doesnt help either :/ I did contact hertfordshire to ask if they had received my application and they said they did but were waiting on the "physical stuff to arrive" - so hopefully it wont be too long now :P what is your insurance/back up uni?

Goodluck. My insurance is BCU but the entry requirements are the same so it dont really make a difference
Original post by WHAAAAAAT
Goodluck. My insurance is BCU but the entry requirements are the same so it dont really make a difference

Thank you, you too! :smile: BCU is so faaar :redface: im in between city and hertfordshire :P
Hi,

I've got a place to start at Sheffield Hallam entering as a mature student and haven't done any science in over 10 years! I want to do some summer reading to help prepare. I'm thinking human biology, anatomy and oncology.

Anyone got any recommendations for books, online resources or other topics?

Any help much appreciated. Good luck to all with applications and exam results.

Thanks.

Latest