The Student Room Group

Moroccan 16, kills herself because judge forced her to marry her RAPIST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by One Nation
I am not going to waste my time explaining it if you need to ask

the fact its an islamic nation does not make it 'un-westernized' ... have you even been to Morocco? no i didnt think so.
Reply 21
Original post by cl_steele
the fact its an islamic nation does not make it 'un-westernized' ... have you even been to Morocco? no i didnt think so.

I completely disagree with you :smile:.

Edited to add: forcing a young girl to marry her rapist sounds very western doesn't it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Your quick are'nt you -

Angry Moroccans are demanding a change to the country's strict Islamic penal code after a 16-year-old girl killed herself after being forced to marry her rapist.

You knew that was coming....anything to do with Islam is not aloud to be mentioned when it is a situation/crime that is atypical to muslim countries.

People are too sensitive to the issue.

Why, is it in Islamic law the rapist can marry the victim and he will be cleared?
(edited 12 years ago)
Islamic law does not punish rape,it punishes sex outside marriage

How do you know that? Are you Muslim? :confused:
Reply 24
Islamic law does not punish rape,it punishes sex outside marriage

then i think the punishment for rape would be worse in regards to violence also being used
Reply 25
Your quick are'nt you -

Angry Moroccans are demanding a change to the country's strict Islamic penal code after a 16-year-old girl killed herself after being forced to marry her rapist.

Well I hope that goes to show you that there are Muslims who disagree with their current penal code and want to live in a fairer country.
Reply 26
Original post by Chloe xxx
Probably because most Muslim countries are about as far from western as we are in distance from Hawaii.

well what are you basing being western on? culture, religion what?
perhapse i should clarify what i meant though when i said western it was in the relative sense which being the case makes it about the most western nation out of the rest of the islamic nations ... all you have to do is get the boat from spain to Tangier or fly to Marrakesh and you'll see that the population behaves very much like that in the west ... barring the bazaars and calls to prayer at 4am :rolleyes:
Reply 27
People who resort to sarcasm in internet forums fail by default

Nice way of counter-arguing my original point.

Original post by Chloe xxx
You knew that was coming....anything to do with Islam is not aloud to be mentioned when it is a crime that is atypical to muslim countries.

People are too sensitive to the issue.

Why, is it in Islamic law the rapist can marry the victim and he will be cleared?

Allowed*

Lol, I always thought you were uneducated.
Reply 28
well what are you basing being western on? culture, religion what?
perhapse i should clarify what i meant though when i said western it was in the relative sense which being the case makes it about the most western nation out of the rest of the islamic nations ... all you have to do is get the boat from spain to Tangier or fly to Marrakesh and you'll see that the population behaves very much like that in the west ... barring the bazaars and calls to prayer at 4am :rolleyes:

In general I just mean they arnt really the same. Culturally, economically, religiously, they even speak a seperate language.
Reply 29
what does that have to do with it being un-westernised?

Everything.

Very sorry, but have you studied the Islamic law or something?
Reply 31
Yes, Virginia, some cultures are more civilised than others.
Sadly this sort of thing isn't exclusive to Morocco, which has traditionally been one of the more progressive Muslim states. Much of the Muslim world still has these kinds of laws. Saudi Barbaria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. It's all business as usual to brutally oppress women like this. Even in the most progressive Muslim states like the UAE, Jordan and Turkey (which has a very strong secular movement), women are still seen to be inferior to men in to varying degrees.
Reply 33
Original post by onesoulfortwo
How do you know that? Are you Muslim? :confused:

Are you implying that non-muslims cannot comment on islam ?
Reply 34
Original post by ak137
Nice way of counter-arguing my original point.

Allowed*

Lol, I always thought you were uneducated.

lol, a word picker. Its a common mistake, especially when you've been working all day and are tired. Get over yourself, please.
Reply 35
I completely disagree with you :smile:.

Edited to add: forcing a young girl to marry her rapist sounds very western doesn't it.

and detaining people indefinitely without trial is oh so much better isnt...? every country has its faults.
i take it you dont follow the news though do you? you do realise morocco was caught in the arab spring and has been under going drastic liberalisation? the fact a law exists doesnt mean people agree with it ... we in england can shoot a scotsman within the walls of york by law again does that sound westernised to you...

i've just looked at the rest of your threads ... youre one of these muslim bashers, should have seen this coming. you cannot blaim an entire populace for the actions of their government.
Reply 36
Original post by onesoulfortwo
Very sorry, but have you studied the Islamic law or something?

I ASKED if it was, I didnt say IT IS. Can you understand english?
Reply 37
not surprising, this is normal in islamic countries. in afghanistan for example a woman was given the choice to go to jail or marry her rapist.
Reply 38
and detaining people indefinitely without trial is oh so much better isnt...? every country has its faults.
i take it you dont follow the news though do you? you do realise morocco was caught in the arab spring and has been under going drastic liberalisation? the fact a law exists doesnt mean people agree with it ... we in england can shoot a scotsman within the walls of york by law again does that sound westernised to you...

i've just looked at the rest of your threads ... youre one of these muslim bashers, should have seen this coming. you cannot blaim an entire populace for the actions of their government.

If detaining people without trial is the worst western breach of HR you can think of then your on a slippery slope, sorry. Most countries do that. In China, you'll be executed in a van for bribery.
Reply 39
Original post by James0507
Everything.

humour me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending