The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cambridge anyday! Best well known uni look at the rankings it will help
Neither. Go for London South Bank it's better
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Well would rather study in England or Massachusetts?
If its a pure scholarship then I would say Harvard. Harvard is just something else. Cambridge is just as good academically, but a 40k a year scholarship ontop of the experience of America will be something you could regret if you dont take up. Besides, you must have done so much to get a harvard offer...why would you leave it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Good question. There's not a lot in it, both are at the absolute top of the international game. Have you visited both? Which do you prefer?
Reply 6
Cambridge, go USA for your masters.

(The dominant view in Cambridge).
*whoo whoo whoo look at me I have an offer from Cambridge and Harvard but I can't decide so I'll let strangers pick for me*

Well they're not Oxford or Yale or Caltech so I'd say neither........

How are we meant to pick for you? In terms of recognition prestigge etc well they're both pretty much the best two in the world so there's not much difference there. You should be asking yourself these questions. Like, do you want to study in the UK or the US? Do you want a broad/liberal study programme or a more focussed programme?

You need to think about what it is you out of your university education and where you would prefer to spend 3 or 4 years of your life.
Reply 8
Where do you want to live later on?

Regardless, you'll be going to a place called Cambridge :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by GetCaught
I've got a cambridge engineering offer and a harvard college offer and understandably have no idea which to pick.

Where should i go and why? Any help would be much appreciated.

Shut up Troll. :troll:
If it were me I'd pick Harvard. Simply because I'd like to travel and go to america see what's different. You're not going to gain anything academically over either, both will offer the same top class teaching. It's all about which location you would prefer.

Edit: Damn just saw posts: 1. Damn trolls.
Reply 11
Im not trolling. I've only visited cambridge but didnt love the area really. Im going to massachusetts this month or something and hopefully will decide then
Reply 12
This is your first post...

I smell a troll.
Reply 13
Then your senses are off because im not trolling. That type of thing is so boring. I just want some advice
Original post by alexsasg
This is your first post...

I smell a troll.

He might have created his account so that he could get an answer to his new dilema...
Reply 15
My sister has a girl at her school who's sister has offers from Cambridge and Harvard for engineering too! Weird ;p
Oh my gawwwwd.
You're really going to base this decision - which country to live in - on what people on TSR tell you? *roll eyes*
fusauiasu no one cares OP xxx
firstworldproblemz
Original post by GetCaught
Then your senses are off because im not trolling. That type of thing is so boring. I just want some advice

I'm pretty sure you're trolling.

You've said you're applying for engineering so this choice should be a real no brainer. Cambridge is pretty much top in the world for engineering (alongside MIT, CIT, IC) whereas Harvard is relatively medicore in this field (it's much stronger in the arts).

Latest

Trending

Trending