The Student Room Group

Men of all ages ! What girly music do you listen to?

Scroll to see replies

Is Lana Del Rey girly ? Depressing doesn't count as girly :lol:
I don't actually like most of the artists I just like a few of their songs :smile: (I am gay)
Katy Perry - Last Friday Night
Taylor Swift - Safe and Sound (I wouldn't consider this girly but her herself would be classed as girly)
I do like Avril Lavigne :
and a couple of Glee songs :biggrin:
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
I like a few Lady Gaga songs, and then stuff like Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, within temptation. Girly by metal standards lol.

I love them ^^ I wouldn't call Evanescence girly by metal standard though :smile: some are but not as a whole :biggrin:
I'll admit, I have most of these artists on my iPod xD I seem to listen to female artists more for some reason.

Gonna throw a few names in here myself and say Nicola Roberts, Kerli, and J-Lo.
Reply 23
Most of my music is 'girly':

KT Tunstall
Katie Melua
La Roux
Amy Macdonald
Sara Bareilles

The list goes on :rolleyes:

Edit:
Adele
The Saturdays
A few of Lady Gaga's better songs
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Mazzini
Most of my music is 'girly':

KT Tunstall
Katie Melua
La Roux
Amy Macdonald
Sara Bareilles

The list goes on :rolleyes:

Edit:
Adele
The Saturdays
A few of Lady GaGa's better songs

I think you've been the most honest out of everyone here :smile:

People are still holding back :P
Original post by Frankie 007
I'm a barbie giiiiiirl, in a barbie woooooorld!!!!!!

came here to say that.
Reply 26
Original post by sunexotic
I think you've been the most honest out of everyone here :smile:

People are still holding back :P

I listen to other stuff too, like Razorlight, The Killers and Jason Mraz :tongue:

I'm quite chilled when it comes to music, as long as it's not screamo, rap or Muse :lol:
Reply 27
Yeah.. I forgot about that one too.

I mean they're stupid songs.. with little meaning.. but they're also ridiculously catchy..

I also listen to Avril Lavigne. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson. Tbh I don't want to only listen to men singing.
Original post by JordanS94
I love them ^^ I wouldn't call Evanescence girly by metal standard though :smile: some are but not as a whole :biggrin:

A hell of a lot of metallers I know listen exclusively to black/death metal, it's girly to them lol. Evanescence are nowhere near metal. I like some of their stuff, a little less when I realised their riffs are basically just chugging the same downtuned bottom string all the time.
Original post by Raiden10
I also listen to Avril Lavigne. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson. Tbh I don't want to only listen to men singing.

Not sure why but your post made me want to post this.

Even this aside, there is music where women singing which isn't girly catchy pop crap.
Reply 30
[video="youtube;fWNaR-rxAic"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic[/video]

This my friends. Is perfection. :biggrin:
Carly Rae Jepson- Call me maybe... oh the shame... It's a horrendous song but so bloody catchy.

^^^ lol.
Reply 32
Original post by airdoc

This my friends. Is perfection. :biggrin:

I'd never heard that song before.. but that is a benchmark for 'girly songs' everywhere :P

Perfection
Not sure why but your post made me want to post this.

Beat me to posting Angela :biggrin:

I guess I could post this?

But I mean, come on, just look at her :coma:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker
Beat me to posting Angela :biggrin:

I guess I could post this?

But I mean, come on, just look at her :coma:

Not showing up what the video is. In terms of just how goddamn cute she is you can't beat Anneke though. (I'm more than a little obssessed atm)

Not that I would class this sort of thing as girly along with the pop ****e.
(edited 11 years ago)
Not showing up what the video is. In terms of just how goddamn cute she is you can't beat Anneke though. (I'm more than a little obssessed atm)

My links to Youtube never seem to work, will try again.

Edit: Working now, what a woman.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
You know a question that's always bugged me... What will these pop singers do when they've passed 40?

The likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne all have their appeal as they're young and pretty.

Their songs are written for them.. those writers will just swap to the new batch of talent won't they?

Then again we have the likes of Madonna..
(edited 11 years ago)
Adele

and Nickelback :wink:
Take That of course
You know a question that's always bugged me... What will these pop singers do when they've passed 40?

The likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne all have their appeal as they're young and pretty.

Their songs are written for them.. those writers will just swap to the new batch of talent won't they?

Then again we have the likes of Madonna..

Some might act young like Madonna does, some will evolve and change their style of music into something that suits them, and some will just disappear.

And I heard that Carly Rae Jepsen song for the first time yesterday. I shouldn't love it but I do :colondollar:

Quick Reply