The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alwatkins1991
I would imagine the departments remain the same, as it is just the accomodation that is moving to hes east, with derwent taking over langwith on hes west. Don't quote me on that though! If they are moving, that screws over my housemate next year who does education. Lol.

That makes sense, thanks :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 81
Name: Joe
Course: Law (LLB)
Offer: Conditional, AAA at A Level (gulp!)
Favourite Accomodation: Not sure, leaning towards Goodricke.
Most looking forward to: The course, meeting new people in a new city. In the spirit of that, feel free to drop me a message to chat, especially Law firmers, though of course I'm happy to chat to any York firmer, English Lit and History are pretty awesome :wink:
Reply 82
Name: Antonia
Course: Law (LLB)
Offer: Conditional; AAA at A Level
Favourite Accomodation: Goodricke/Langwith
Most looking forward to: The course, the city, meeting new people

:smile:
Reply 83
Name: Christa
Course: MA in history of art
Offer: unconditional
Favourite accommodation: probably Wentworth
Most looking forward to: living abroad :tongue:

any other HOA firmers? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just had my last decision through on UCAS.

Only want to go to York for law so I've just firmed them, no insurance.

Look forward to coming to York!

:biggrin:

EDIT: Sorry should probably write this like everyone else:

Name: Adam
Course: Law
Offer: Conditional (distinction on legal methods certificate)
Favourite accommodation: Derwent - catered.
What are you most looking forward to about York? A great new law course, exploring a new city, meeting lots of new people and generally taking part in as much as possible.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Name: Kathryn
Course: French and Liguistics
Offer: Conditional (AAB, including French)
Favourite accommodation: I need to have a much closer look! I like Derwent though.
What are you most looking forward to about York? Meeting people, new experiences, studying subjects that really interest me, being more independent..
Reply 86
Name: Eduardo
Course: PPE/PEP (York seem to sporadically change their mind re:the acronym)
Offer: Conditional (36 points IB Diploma)
Favourite accomodation: Derwent
What are you most looking forward to about York? Uni life at a Russell Group top tenner doing a course I love far away from the restricting influence of a family who honestly thinks we're asian? What aren't I most looking forward to about York?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by Eldedu
Course: PPE/PEP (York seem to sporadically change their mind re:the acronym

They don't.
The course is called PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) and is taught in the School of PEP (Politics, Economics and Philosophy). The school also features other degrees; for example Philosophy and Economics.
Reply 88
Original post by kevin6767
The ducks are arrogant little buggers that expect you to work around them and they often plan ambushes if they think you have food. They. Are. Organised. The Geese are worse, they think they are a security force.

Are the ducks really that big of a thing at York? I've heard loads of people talking about them! It sounds like I'm going to be living in an Alfred Hitchcock film...
Reply 89
Original post by Chr0n
They don't.
The course is called PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) and is taught in the School of PEP (Politics, Economics and Philosophy). The school also features other degrees; for example Philosophy and Economics.

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it's a good way of differentiating the school from the course.
Reply 90
Original post by Eldedu
Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it's a good way of differentiating the school from the course.

They could have known that people will always mix it up.
Name: Edward
Course: Electronics / Electronics with music technology.
Offer: AAB for the Meng, but aparently I can get in with a ABB onto a Beng? According to what my current science teacher. Actualy. I should get this confimed....
Favourite accommodation: Undecided! I like the look of james, I think.
What are you most looking forward to about York? The subject, the place and most of all the new people.
Original post by stac4321
Are the ducks really that big of a thing at York? I've heard loads of people talking about them! It sounds like I'm going to be living in an Alfred Hitchcock film...

YES. They are everywhere. There is **** everywhere. But they are kind of cute, we feed them from our flat so then they gather outside the flat below, fun times. Apparantly they get worse in summer as they breed. They have started too already at the end of last term, it sounds like someone is making really horrible orgasm noises really loudly. And definitely not in a good way.
Reply 93
Allow me to present Duck of the Day http://www.facebook.com/#!/duckoftheday

ahahahahahahaahaa!! :biggrin: I cannot tell you how excited that makes me about going to the university of york :smile: :smile:
Reply 94

This is amazing haha! And weirdly makes me more excited to go to York...
Reply 95
Name: Haitch.
Course: History/Politics
Offer: Conditional - 30 distinctions and 15 merits
Favourite accommodation: not thought too much about it but prob Derwent
What are you most looking forward to about York? Moving away from the area I have always lived in. And meeting new people, especially from joining societies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96

My newfound ambition is to become duck of the day
Hey does anyone wanna trade msns or Fbs and talk? i wanna trade thoughts specifically about york
Reply 98
Original post by AverageExcellence
Hey does anyone wanna trade msns or Fbs and talk? i wanna trade thoughts specifically about york

You're doing History, aren't you? Feel free to add my fb :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fiona_x
You're doing History, aren't you? Feel free to add my fb :smile:

Yea thats right :smile: added
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending