The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Journalism offer holders 2012

Welcome to the thread we've set up for those who have applied via UCAS and received an offer of a place on a Journalism degree at City University London.

Please use this thread to introduce yourselves to your (potential) future classmates, and to discuss any topical Journalism issues you think are interesting. (If you have any views on phone hacking, for example, this is the place to share them!)

Also feel free to ask us questions about studying Journalism at City. (Remember you can also contact us by emailing [email protected].)

Please note that the university is closed from Saturday 24 December 2011 Monday 2 January 2012 inclusive. We’ll try to check this thread from time to time during the holidays, but it may take longer for us to respond than usual.

Enjoy this thread, and we look forward to meeting you!

(PS. if you're thinking of applying to study Journalism at City and have a question to ask, please either contact us directly via our profile, start a thread, or send us an email. We'll be happy to talk to you, and hopefully we'll see you on this thread a little further down the line...!)

Scroll to see replies

Received an offer today!!! :biggrin: anyone else?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Received a conditional offer today, I feel soooo happy! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Ok guys! I feel so damn lucky that I received an unconditional offer today! Can't wait!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Just read the conditions of my offer, it seems realistic to me, I really can't wait to have the results of my exam to see if I can go into City University!
By the way, is there other international students who got an offer for BA journalism? I'm french and I'm scared I'll feel lonely next year haha.
And does anybody know when does the course start?
I'm so excited about moving to England next year and start studying journalism at City University! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got my conditional offer a couple of days back :biggrin: I've been unbelievably happy since then! :biggrin: :biggrin: the condition is a bit of a stretch, but just the fact that i got an offer is SO motivating that I'm sure i can do it! :biggrin: (Y) can't wait to start this course! i'm sure its going to be very engaging and interesting! and London is just such an amazing place! :biggrin: basically, I CANT WAIT! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Mrnnchgnn

Just read the conditions of my offer, it seems realistic to me, I really can't wait to have the results of my exam to see if I can go into City University!
By the way, is there other international students who got an offer for BA journalism? I'm french and I'm scared I'll feel lonely next year haha.
I'm so excited about moving to England next year and start studying journalism at City University! :biggrin:

I'm from Sweden, so I'm in the same position as you. Don't worry, it will all be alright and we'll fit in :wink: Can't wait to see you all! :smile:
Reply 7
Got my offer on Saturday! So excited, but wondered if you could help in choosing my insurance offer as I have interviews for both unis... London College of Communication or Westminster to study Journalism? Also, how many of you are staying in City halls?
Reply 8
I am, but as I won't be 18 in September, I already know that I'll be living at Liberty Court.
For your insurance offer I don't really know London College of Communication, but I know that Westminster has a very good degree and this is also my insurance offer (If I have an offer actually, I still have to send back their questionnaire).

Good to know I won't be the only one! I already supposed there will be other international students, but I'm glad to have a confirmation :smile:
Most people live at halls during their first year, then hand over whatever's left to the next incoming students (once the beer stains have been rubbed out of the sofa and the fires have all been put out.)

Is this anyone's first choice I wonder? I'm undecided, but its definately starting to lean in that direction. Journalist opportunities in the capital are endless. If only they improved the Boris-bikes then it would be a deadset choice
Reply 10

I'll be an international student too, I'm from Italy :smile:

I've got a conditional offer from City Uni, I hope I will get the required grades, I'm SO scared I won't.. But this offer has given me more motivation to study and have better grades in school, so it's all good!
Reply 11
Original post by Clara*
I'll be an international student too, I'm from Italy :smile:

I've got a conditional offer from City Uni, I hope I will get the required grades, I'm SO scared I won't.. But this offer has given me more motivation to study and have better grades in school, so it's all good!

I feel exactly like you! I work at least 2 hours a day now, my friends don't recognize me haha!
Reply 12
Ok ... so now the question is where to live? I know that a lot of students lives at City Halls, but is there anyone considering a place outside the uni?
Recieved an offer a few weeks ago :biggrin: so happy, City will be my first choice and I'm thinking LCC as my second. Thinking of applying to Uni accommodation too but rates are so expensive!
Has anyone started looking at the sample essay yet?
Reply 14
Original post by eve_cranston

Original post by eve_cranston
Recieved an offer a few weeks ago :biggrin: so happy, City will be my first choice and I'm thinking LCC as my second. Thinking of applying to Uni accommodation too but rates are so expensive!
Has anyone started looking at the sample essay yet?

Let us just take in the decision of getting a place at City first, then we can start looking at the sample essay :wink:
heyyyyy i've got a conditional offer too! lul yeah, the requirements are manageable. i wonder if there are any other malaysians planning to enroll in City..anyway, here's to hoping that all of us do really well :smile:

Hey, I'm also an international student and you have nothing to worry about :wink: hopefully we will all achieve required grades and meet at City :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 17
Hey!
Nice to meet you all :smile:
I've got an unconditional offer for BA Journalism and BA Journalism and Psychology :smile:
don't know what to choose. Most probably first one though.

I am an international student too (from Moscow, Russia), but already live in London.
Reply 18
Yeah thinking maybe LCC, but out of LCC and Westminster, which has a better reputation? Also, don't think I'm going to stay at halls. Got some friends who advised me to do private accomodation, however really looking forward to meeting new people through freshers and everyone on the course! City is my first choice btw, it has such a good reputation with newspaper employers.
Reply 19
What's the sample essay btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending