The Student Room Group

A-level Goldman Sachs Girls Programme

Did anyone else get on this programme for next week???
It would be nice to know someone going!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by laura94
Did anyone else get on this programme for next week???
It would be nice to know someone going!

I'm going! What are you planning to wear? Business casual is so ambiguous!
Reply 2
Original post by -Liberty
I'm going! What are you planning to wear? Business casual is so ambiguous!

Yay! I'm not really sure, I was thinking like a dress and a blazer thing.. I'm trying to work with what I already have :wink: Plus I'd rather go over-dressed than under-dressed.. What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by laura94
Yay! I'm not really sure, I was thinking like a dress and a blazer thing.. I'm trying to work with what I already have :wink: Plus I'd rather go over-dressed than under-dressed.. What about you?

I'm pretty stuck, I was going to wear chinos and maybe a cardi/blazer and boots, but that's too casual isn't it? I have no idea! Are you excited? What do you think will happen?
Reply 5
I'm pretty stuck, I was going to wear chinos and maybe a cardi/blazer and boots, but that's too casual isn't it? I have no idea! Are you excited? What do you think will happen?

That might be too casual, I don't know!!! I'm sort of excited but sort of nervous.. And I have no idea haha :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by laura94
That might be too casual, I don't know!!! I'm sort of excited but sort of nervous.. And I have no idea haha :tongue:

Really? I don't want to walk in with a suit!! I feel like we will look stupid, teens walking around in new suits. Lol. I don't know maybe I'm thinking too into it. When I typed in business casual it's literally trousers with any blouse and maybe a cardi, perhaps my outfit will be okay... I hope so anyway.
I can't wait!
Reply 7
its really freezing, and apparently it might snow heavily on tuesday..
Reply 8
i think i'll wear mid heels, dark coloured skinny jeans but they don't look like jeans, its just warm for the freezing weather, shirt, blazer. done!
Reply 9
Posts on content of programme: 0
Posts on outfits to wear: 7

gotta love stereotypes
Reply 10
Original post by Bloodbath
The only reason IBs recruit women is..................................................................................................for the scenary?

Oh yeah, totally. No, to be honest it's a diversity thing, I think they only do it because they have to. But I don't care, as long as I have a chance of working there what does their reasoning matter?
Reply 11
Original post by tiffster
i think i'll wear mid heels, dark coloured skinny jeans but they don't look like jeans, its just warm for the freezing weather, shirt, blazer. done!

Are the jeans tight fitted? Because I was researching "business casual" and I was going to wear jeans or chinos but they seem far too casual... I don't know.

Are you looking forward to it? What do you think will happen??
Reply 12
Right I know what I'm wearing now :smile: I have a casual dress and a blazer from topshop that isn't toooo smart. And my shoes have a small heel. I wish I could wear bigger heels but I think my feet might fall off if we're walking around all day!!!!!
As for the actual programme itself, I've heard they just give presentations on the different departments and then have 'interactive case studies' - whatever that means! Not sure though, they haven't given us much info :s-smilie:
I'm a bit more excited now as I found the building today so at least I know where it is haha!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Are the jeans tight fitted? Because I was researching "business casual" and I was going to wear jeans or chinos but they seem far too casual... I don't know.

Are you looking forward to it? What do you think will happen??

yeah, but it looks formal in general with the heels and blazer and its not jean colour like light blue definitely not lol
Reply 14
Original post by laura94
Right I know what I'm wearing now :smile: I have a casual dress and a blazer from topshop that isn't toooo smart. And my shoes have a small heel. I wish I could wear bigger heels but I think my feet might fall off if we're walking around all day!!!!!
As for the actual programme itself, I've heard they just give presentations on the different departments and then have 'interactive case studies' - whatever that means! Not sure though, they haven't given us much info :s-smilie:
I'm a bit more excited now as I found the building today so at least I know where it is haha!

ooh so you live in london already? i'll be having a long day,. waking up at six and on the same day returning home!
Reply 15
I just wanna ask :
Is there a programme for guys? Cos I want to be a banker?

Sorry for the trouble.
Reply 16
Original post by Bloodbath
The only reason IBs recruit women is..................................................................................................for the scenary?

Just trying to make the place look hotter.XD:smile:
It's a good thing though.
Reply 17
yeah, but it looks formal in general with the heels and blazer and its not jean colour like light blue definitely not lol

Oh right! I'm going to be wearing black trousers, some pumps and a jumper. Really excited now! I live in London but I'm gonna have to leave at 8 to get there on time... Hmm... Makeup wise? I think I might go bare faced or do you think we could get away with some makeup?
Reply 18
ooh so you live in london already? i'll be having a long day,. waking up at six and on the same day returning home!

I don't but I was in London this weekend so decided to go and find it! I'll be getting up about 5 30 haha. Best be worth it :tongue:
Reply 19
Oh right! I'm going to be wearing black trousers, some pumps and a jumper. Really excited now! I live in London but I'm gonna have to leave at 8 to get there on time... Hmm... Makeup wise? I think I might go bare faced or do you think we could get away with some makeup?

yeh you can do what you like, but i think i'll keep bare faced, but but like foundation or something lol,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending