The Student Room Group

Labour MP assaults Conservative MP in House of Commons

http://news.uk.msn.com/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=160627695
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b1b67510-5e44-11e1-8c87-00144feabdc0.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17136209

Probably not much we can say about this but it made me chuckle for a little bit.
Good to see that our politicians still have some kind of conviction, or maybe Labour MPs just enjoy a bit more of a punch-up after their drinking sessions in the commons? (I jest).

Labour MP Eric Joyce has been suspended from his party while allegations of an assault of 'headbutting and punching' Conservative MP Stuart Andrew are being investigated. Maybe these guys should have saved their squabbles for the debating chamber eh?

Scroll to see replies

It'll be interesting to see what would've happened if he had made racist comments like Diane Abbot instead of actual assault, because then we'd be able to evaluate whether the Labour party discriminates against whites.
My local MP. :facepalm:
Never in the news for the right reasons. First the expenses thing, then the drink driving now this.
Reply 3
If it had been me i would have gone for that Knob Lansley or perhaps Gove if hed been in reaching distance
Reply 4
So the RSPCA must have heard
Reply 5
Minimum pricing starts at home
Reply 6
Original post by OSharp
If it had been me i would have gone for that Knob Lansley or perhaps Gove if hed been in reaching distance

Or Cameron. Or Clegg. Or Osborne. Or....oh, there are so many!
Reply 7
Original post by OSharp

Haha, what about Clegg? His face is very punchable.
Is it true that bar is taxpayer subsidized?
Reply 9
(edited 8 years ago)
Good to see a bit of passion back in politics :smile:
So I'm guessing he'll be getting the sack.
Reply 12
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Lol.

I find myself criticising the Tories for something, only to then remember that most of these policies were preceded by something pretty much the same by Labour. As they are clearly so ideologically aligned maybe now a physical fight is the only way to determine any superiority between the two parties?

I am so disillusioned with British politics a WWE style wrestling match would be less of a joke than the petty political sparring we have at the moment.
Reply 14
Original post by tasha96
Never in the news for the right reasons. First the expenses thing, then the drink driving now this.

I'm from Falkirk as well :tongue:

This story amused me slightly :lol:
Original post by davidmarsh01
I'm from Falkirk as well :tongue:

This story amused me slightly :lol:

:five:
Hello there! :tongue:

btw, have you ever met him? I just realised I've met/seen most of the G'mouth reps but never him. And he's been around long enough. :ninja:
Reply 16
Original post by insomniacramblings
Is it true that bar is taxpayer subsidized?

If they keep fighting each other they should televise it. I'd happily subsidise such a bar.
Reply 17
Original post by Hobo389
He'll be deselected by the local party and then will most as likely run as an independent or co-op party representative until the 2015 (possibly?) general election when he will not be selected as the local parties candidate.

If he is guilty of a criminal offence there would have to be a by-election.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
They're like school children!
Original post by tasha96

Not mine, thankfully, I'm in Grangemouth. Although Michael Connarty isn't much better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending