The Student Room Group

Your favourite book covers

Of course, we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but that doesn't we can't have a favourite. If I have a choice between the same but by different publishers, I will buy the one with the nicest cover, even if it's a few pounds more. I really like the old penguin covers. I have Nineteen Eighty-Four with the old 2/6 price on.

My favourite is the Italian version of Norwegian Wood

For a non fiction book, I like the The Quantum Universe, although I haven't read it

I think some Vintage covers are really nice, and I like their red spines.

So what's your favourite? (or favourites)

Scroll to see replies

I like the new covers of Will Self's books:

I like the Penguin Poets series:

I could go on, and on, and on in this post because I'm really into book cover design but I'll just leave it at these two.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Scarlett-Thomas-The-End-of-Mr-Y.jpg

6a00d83451bcff69e20115711ec7d1970c-300wi.jpg
They're not the most exciting covers, but I really like these:
Fitzgerald.jpg

The Art Noveau patterns just seem to suit the 'glamour' of the Jazz age really well

(It was holographic)

I know a few more, but they're not with me at the moment. Can't remember covers off top of head.
a1.jpg

the-perks-of-being-a-wallflower.jpg
511F2BPRV8L._SS500_.jpg
trainspotting.jpg

Very bold to have a bright orange with black writing for a book. Stands out amongst the pastal, blacks and whites.
(edited 12 years ago)
Not the best of books, but a damn good cover:
nation.jpg
Love this book & the cover:
200px-Beedle_St_UK.jpg
And my old favourite:
Reply 13
Original post by Moscardini
a1.jpg

the-perks-of-being-a-wallflower.jpg

i was just going to put perks of being a wallflower up haven't had time to read it yet , what did you think of the book ? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
trainspotting.jpg

Very bold to have a bright orange with black writing for a book. Stands out amongst the pastal, blacks and whites.

It's nice, but I prefer the glossy black one with the skull on it. Then if you bought a few of his books, they can all match on your bookshelf:cool:

It's a decent read nonetheless.
Original post by FJ1994
i was just going to put perks of being a wallflower up haven't had time to read it yet , what did you think of the book ? :smile:

It's been a while since I've read it but really enjoyed it. It often gets compared to the Catcher in the Rye but I preferred Perks tbh and I love the poem in it :P
Reply 16

It looks nice and fits the mood of the book so, so well.

Same as Dandy.
Reply 17

This. It's so good. Covered in cloth with golden/black figures. The red is darker and way more beautiful in reality. :love:
I like the Wordsworth edition of Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray:

GoT book cover.jpg

Sean Bean sat on the iron throne of Westeros, what more could you want?!?!?!?

Sorry, picture didn;t pop up properly I'm such an amateur :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending