The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
Ah my duty today got cancelled today :tongue:

Yea I noticed this some time back, and now endeavour to spell it correctly everywhere :wink: I wonder why there's no s.

What type of duty was it?

No idea - When saying "I'm going to St John" I always say "St John's" because it sounds grammatical correct but when typing it I always type it properly :P
Original post by Natalie21
What type of duty was it?

No idea - When saying "I'm going to St John" I always say "St John's" because it sounds grammatical correct but when typing it I always type it properly :P

A zumbathon :L

Haha I avoid saying it by just saying SJA ahaha
Original post by erniiee
A zumbathon :L

Haha I avoid saying it by just saying SJA ahaha

Haha awesome!!

That's easiest :smile:

When does your study leave start? Friday?
Reply 2403
Does anybody else's study leave start really late? Mine starts on the 10th May :zomg: :stomp:
Original post by a rusH
Does anybody else's study leave start really late? Mine starts on the 10th May :zomg: :stomp:

At my school we don't get study leave! :eek::angry:
Reply 2405
Original post by thegreenchildren

I don't either :frown:
Original post by IAmMclovin
heyy, not been on here in a while!
how is everyone? :smile:
Have you guys found time to do volunteering? ive skived for like a month now because of all the work i have :eek:

is anyone doing past papers for bio/phys/chem yet? I dont really feel ready to do any yet :s-smilie:

I didn't go to volunteering today and I feel really guilty haha, I'll definitely go next week though, as I have a 4 day weekend :biggrin:

I've done a couple of past papers actually- they help to find gaps in knowledge I think, though I guess you could argue you should do them once you've finished revision to test yourself 'properly'.

Also got rejected from sutton trust :frown: but I thought my school hadn't sent my reference to them so I didn't actually realise I'd applied for it!
Original post by a rusH

4th May :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by Gcayte
I don't either :frown:

That is bizarre...

neither :frown:
4th May :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is bizarre...

the school says its because 'most people will not revise' which is true.
the school says its because 'most people will not revise' which is true.

I get a whole week off school to revise before exams :biggrin: and the two weeks of exams where I can leave once the exam is finished, and then a week off (well one exam that week) and then half term :biggrin:

The school knows that we will all revise - we always got study leave - even for our yearly school exams in yr 9 and 10 and year 11 mocks :P
Haha awesome!!

That's easiest :smile:

When does your study leave start? Friday?

Ahaha indeed :tongue: I think the 11th, so pointless that I'll only have a week before my first exam :frown: have a lot of time off after I finish though, I think up to the end of half term :awesome:

Original post by a rusH

11th :'(
Original post by erniiee
Ahaha indeed :tongue: I think the 11th, so pointless that I'll only have a week before my first exam :frown: have a lot of time off after I finish though, I think up to the end of half term :awesome:

So glad I get a week off before exams can get loads of revision done :biggrin:

Yeah same - got work experience and a SJA residential course :biggrin:
Yeah, not until 11th either :frown:, wish i had longer really, but i know my last week of lessons will just be do your own revision.

Ah i wish i have a holiday to relax, after my exams i start a new Nursing care assisstant job then work exp then A2, :frown:
So glad I get a week off before exams can get loads of revision done :biggrin:

Yeah same - got work experience and a SJA residential course :biggrin:

I need more time haha! I'm so behind on revision and everything :L

Ah nice :biggrin: I should've arranged some work experience for the overhanging weeks actually. Hm, I'll get in contact with the GP I know as she offered me some the other day :L

Ooooo residential course :wink: sounds glam aha :biggrin:

What are you doing in school once you come back from exams?
Original post by erniiee
I need more time haha! I'm so behind on revision and everything :L

Ah nice :biggrin: I should've arranged some work experience for the overhanging weeks actually. Hm, I'll get in contact with the GP I know as she offered me some the other day :L

Ooooo residential course :wink: sounds glam aha :biggrin:

What are you doing in school once you come back from exams?

Same but I reckon with next week and then my week off I shall be fine :biggrin:

Or you could just make the most of your spare time and relax :wink:

Haha its so I can become a cadet leader :smile:

Starting A2 courses - how about you?
Same but I reckon with next week and then my week off I shall be fine :biggrin:

Or you could just make the most of your spare time and relax :wink:

Haha its so I can become a cadet leader :smile:

Starting A2 courses - how about you?

Ah fair enough. Ha, I could but 2 days shadowing wont hurt :tongue:

Ah nice!

Yea same. Annoying we have to do so in all 4 subjects..I plan to try and do as much of the Art A2 over the summer as possible. If not, gonna drop it.
Original post by erniiee
Ah fair enough. Ha, I could but 2 days shadowing wont hurt :tongue:

Ah nice!

Yea same. Annoying we have to do so in all 4 subjects..I plan to try and do as much of the Art A2 over the summer as possible. If not, gonna drop it.

That's true :biggrin:

Ah yeah my friends were moaning about that as they want to drop subjects.

Will you be going down to 3 or 4 A2s then, if you drop Art?

I'm carrying on with all 4 but no more Critical Thinking as I will have finished it :biggrin: So one more free a week :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee

11th :'(

count yourself lucky! my study leave starts on the 11th too but my first exam is monday 14th, so my study leave is basically a weekend.. :'(

BUT I do have a pretty amazing three week holiday after exams :biggrin:
Original post by TaraBelle
count yourself lucky! my study leave starts on the 11th too but my first exam is monday 14th, so my study leave is basically a weekend.. :'(

BUT I do have a pretty amazing three week holiday after exams :biggrin:

Me too! Biology resit, would do anything to go back and take my January exams seriously now.

Latest

Trending

Trending