The Student Room Group

North London College for external candidates

Just got a response from them and they are charging £30 per module, has anyone sat exams here before and if so does the fee also include cashing in? As I am retaking one exam and therefore would need it to be cashed for UCAS.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mathsclown
Just got a response from them and they are charging £30 per module, has anyone sat exams here before and if so does the fee also include cashing in? As I am retaking one exam and therefore would need it to be cashed for UCAS.

Thanks!

Cashing in doesn't cost the school anything (as long as it is done by 21 March), so it is probably included in the cost.
Reply 2
Still waiting for the confirmation letter, I paid and everything, has anyone else sat exams here before? Going to have to give them a call I guess
Reply 3
Still waiting for the confirmation letter, I paid and everything, has anyone else sat exams here before? Going to have to give them a call I guess

Had a similar issue. I'm meant to be sitting an exam there in May. I sent my registration form and payment, and didn't hear anything. Then I e-mailed a few times and called and eventually they told me that AQA hadn't sent the entry certificates yet but not to worry. I still haven't got it through, but hopefully it's on the way. They seem fine from my dealings with them, just not very communicative.
Reply 4
Original post by Doblet90
Had a similar issue. I'm meant to be sitting an exam there in May. I sent my registration form and payment, and didn't hear anything. Then I e-mailed a few times and called and eventually they told me that AQA hadn't sent the entry certificates yet but not to worry. I still haven't got it through, but hopefully it's on the way. They seem fine from my dealings with them, just not very communicative.

Thanks for the reply, ye I was very worried but finally got a letter with the statement of entry so all is well, just need to revise >.< good luck :smile:

Thanks for the reply, ye I was very worried but finally got a letter with the statement of entry so all is well, just need to revise >.< good luck :smile:

I rang them up around the first week of April and they confirmed that they have not yet received the exam entry of statement from some of the exam boards. We should receive our exam statement of entry this week however. I've asked my friends who are in different colleges if they've received theirs and it turns out that they haven't also so thousands of students are in the same position.

Don't worry about it, all the best with the exams!
Reply 6
Original post by I_forgot_my_username
I rang them up around the first week of April and they confirmed that they have not yet received the exam entry of statement from some of the exam boards. We should receive our exam statement of entry this week however. I've asked my friends who are in different colleges if they've received theirs and it turns out that they haven't also so thousands of students are in the same position.

Don't worry about it, all the best with the exams!

Thanks so much for the info, I had been wondering if I should contact them again as the exam date's getting close, so that's good to know!

Good luck with your exams!
Thanks so much for the info, I had been wondering if I should contact them again as the exam date's getting close, so that's good to know!

Good luck with your exams!

Same here, I was also worried about it. When I paid for my exams, I was told that i'd receive something official sometime in march which did not happen. There has also been a lack of communication as you said earlier, haven't received an update or anything although I am grateful that I have somewhere to do my exams. My main concern is that there might be a mistake on a module lol as I'm sitting quite a lot of exams.

I think if I don't receive the statement of entry when the thursday post comes, I'll contact them again. Let me know when you receive yours.
Reply 8
Same here, I was also worried about it. When I paid for my exams, I was told that i'd receive something official sometime in march which did not happen. There has also been a lack of communication as you said earlier, haven't received an update or anything although I am grateful that I have somewhere to do my exams. My main concern is that there might be a mistake on a module lol as I'm sitting quite a lot of exams.

I think if I don't receive the statement of entry when the thursday post comes, I'll contact them again. Let me know when you receive yours.

I know, I'm only sitting one module at the moment, but until I get something official I'm going to worry its the wrong one, lol! Haven't received anything yet. Like you said, if its not here by the end of the week I'll have to follow it up again. I'm going on holiday next week, and the exams only the week after I come back...
I know, I'm only sitting one module at the moment, but until I get something official I'm going to worry its the wrong one, lol! Haven't received anything yet. Like you said, if its not here by the end of the week I'll have to follow it up again. I'm going on holiday next week, and the exams only the week after I come back...

Ok, well good luck. I just received my Edexcel exam timetable from them this morning. Just waiting on OCR.
Reply 10
should i get worried my exam is on the 18th for an AQA exam?
Reply 11
Original post by hellion

Mine is the 17th, also with AQA and I've not had anything either. I guess AQA is just slow!
Original post by hellion

If you don't receive it by Friday's post latest, I suggest you call them up to check. Don't worry though, I'm sure everything is fine. They receive the exam timetables very late that's what the problem is. I'm still waiting for my OCR timetable.
Reply 13
Yeah mine arrived in the end! I guess its just a worry when you are arranging it yourself, and you don't hear anything with the exams so close. Good luck everyone!
Reply 14
376 High Road
London
Greater London
N17 9HY
United Kingdom

That is where the exams will take place right? Lol don't want to show up and they say the exam hall is somewhere else :s
Yeah mine arrived in the end! I guess its just a worry when you are arranging it yourself, and you don't hear anything with the exams so close. Good luck everyone!

My ocr timetable hasn't even arrived yet and my first ocr exam is on friday haha, I rang them last friday and they said they just received it so I should get it soon. I'm there on weds so I'll just consult them if it doesn't arrive by then.

376 High Road
London
Greater London
N17 9HY
United Kingdom

That is where the exams will take place right? Lol don't want to show up and they say the exam hall is somewhere else :s

Yeah, you'll easily find it. Just check google maps street view.
Reply 16
Can I ask you guys how you got in touch with North London College to apply to be an external candidate? Was it by phonecall or email as I've tried emailing them twice and still nada. I don't know if its just me they are ignoring or if they are just bad as replying :biggrin:
Reply 17
My ocr timetable hasn't even arrived yet and my first ocr exam is on friday haha

Oh dear! And I thought my AQA one was bad lol

Original post by Tw1x
Can I ask you guys how you got in touch with North London College to apply to be an external candidate? Was it by phonecall or email as I've tried emailing them twice and still nada. I don't know if its just me they are ignoring or if they are just bad as replying :biggrin:

When I originally emailed, they replied straight away, but registration wasn't open. When I emailed again to register, they didn't get back to me and I had to call and email several more times. I think your best bet is to call them if you're getting no response.
Reply 18

Hi!

I'm hoping to do intensive Maths there but they asked for cash as opposed to paying by card I felt uncomfortable about that now I'm having doubts about it I don't know why! Did you have to pay by cash and did you manage to sit exams there? I noticed the place was very small, is there a hall in the building to sit your exams in?

Please reply! Thank you
Reply 19

Hi!

I'm hoping to do intensive Maths there but they asked for cash as opposed to paying by card I felt uncomfortable about that now I'm having doubts about it I don't know why! Did you have to pay by cash and did you manage to sit exams there? I noticed the place was very small, is there a hall in the building to sit your exams in?

Please reply! Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest