The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

so as u all are aware, the exams start tomorrow with english in the morning.. how is everybody feeling about the exams? are u all scared, hopeful, confident, etc? and what r u expecting out of the exams? feel free to discuss :smile:

Scroll to see replies

:cry2:
Reply 2
Original post by deadsmurfette
:cry2:

same here, whatr ur subjects?
Original post by aeyurttaser13
same here, whatr ur subjects?

History, Chemistry and Biology HL
English, Maths Studies and French SL

what are yours?
Reply 4
hey guys,

Good luck for tomorrow. Don't be too nervous..
Im really scared for HL chem. How about you guys?
Reply 5
Hey guys,

Is anyone else doing HL Psychology tomorrow and Thursday? Or does anyone else have 6 exams in 3 days? Would just like to know that it's not just me!!! :frown:

I'm really worried about HL Bio, anyone else?

Good luck everyone!!
:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by elliewhitt
Hey guys,

Is anyone else doing HL Psychology tomorrow and Thursday? Or does anyone else have 6 exams in 3 days? Would just like to know that it's not just me!!! :frown:

Good luck everyone!!

you are not the only one. I have 6 exams in 3 days as well :frown: :frown:

Good luck to you too!!
Reply 7
They don't start tomorrow, I had my first one yesterday!
Reply 8
Hey guys,

Good luck everyone!!

I have HL Philosophy tomorrow and Thursday and I have 6 exams in 3 days too :smile: This week I have 8 exams in total... and next week I only have 1! Silly IB...
Reply 9
Original post by aeyurttaser13
so as u all are aware, the exams start tomorrow with english in the morning.. how is everybody feeling about the exams? are u all scared, hopeful, confident, etc? and what r u expecting out of the exams? feel free to discuss :smile:

Its english tomorrow, not a big challenge, also its Paper 1, not much you can do to make sure that you get that top mark, so i guess the best thing to do would be to take a deep breathe and learn the themes and vocab.

People who are scared, trust me, tomorrow is a peice of cake (unless you do psych), day after tomorrow is the real deal, Maths....... (not for studies people.. com'on lets face it, its easy)

Best of Luck Everyone!!
Reply 10
Hello everyone.
I'm very confused about the structure of the essay in English for paper 1 . Can anyone please help? Thank you (:
Reply 11
Original post by XxelliexX
I have HL Philosophy tomorrow and Thursday and I have 6 exams in 3 days too :smile: This week I have 8 exams in total... and next week I only have 1! Silly IB...

that sucks bro, although if u wanna feel better, I'l tell u my friends story,

IB rules say that you can re arrange exams if you have more than 6 hours of exam time on a day, she has 5:50 minutes :P Also look at the bright side, you can make sure you ace the remaining 2 exams.
Original post by XxelliexX

Wow! Good luck!
Mine's similar, I have 6 exams in 3 days this week, then only 3 next week, silly IB!!!
Reply 13
are all Ib kids, incredibly smart?
Original post by mr.awesome
that sucks bro, although if u wanna feel better, I'l tell u my friends story,

IB rules say that you can re arrange exams if you have more than 6 hours of exam time on a day, she has 5:50 minutes :P Also look at the bright side, you can make sure you ace the remaining 2 exams.

Haha, yeah that does suck...
But I don't only have two exams after that, in the last week I have 5! :O

Wow! Good luck!
Mine's similar, I have 6 exams in 3 days this week, then only 3 next week, silly IB!!!

Yeah... but just think in 20 days or so time we'll be through with the IB forever!
Reply 15
Original post by Gunnerrr
Hello everyone.
I'm very confused about the structure of the essay in English for paper 1 . Can anyone please help? Thank you (:

I went through the same phase as u, struggled through it.

but remember this, my english teacher described it really well.

Intro - you say what you are going to say, and the context, in here you need to have your thesis statement - something that is your point throughout the whole essay

Body part one - topic sentence (Your main point for this paragraph which relates to your thesis summarized into one sentence), Evidence (where in the text it says that what you are saying is true)
, Explanation (why you think your evidence points towards it) Linking sentence (something that would link this point to the next point, which would be in relation to your thesis as well.)

Body part 2 - repeat the same as body part 1 with a different format

Conclusion - summarize what you said and your personal opinion (remember the personal opinion is not your judgement, but what the evidence points towards, the guiding question will most probably give it away)

Most importantly, plan this stuff out before you are out to write it, or else it will end up in a mess resulting in a 4

EDIT: I forgot to mention, since this is a paper 1, you know what your paragraph points would be, the guiding questions, so have a paragraph and answer them each, and then head to the conclusion summing it up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16

Thanks a ton . Best of luck to everyone (:
Reply 17
I'm definitely most scared for Chem and Computer Science HL! Don't feel at all prepared :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by 22Emma22
I'm definitely most scared for Chem and Computer Science HL! Don't feel at all prepared :s-smilie: :frown:

Chem HL!! me too...!! am so nervous ! :frown:
Reply 19
Very worried for Maths HL and Physics HL :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest