The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flakeydom
Fine, I'll stick an extra column or three in then.

So... if you auditioned for Rio, let me know (to save me hiking back through 60 pages!) what for - date, drum or dance and when you hear, the result!

I've scrolled a few pages back and this is what I can gleam from the various postings:-

Saturday 19th May
dancinggirl1984 (samba dance) at 2pm
OneAndOnlyEmmaW (samba dance)
hutsulka (samba dance)

Sunday 20th May
twilightz (Samba dance) - Sunday 20th May

Lara 5 (samba dance?) at 1pm?

Ropey1 (Gaffeira) at 1pm

galactica2009 (Backstage Production)

Sunday 27th May
commonliner (drumming and production)

Wednesday 6th June
Lauski22 (drumming)

The chances are, I've probably left many people out, mainly because I didn't scroll every single page. You may need to double check with all the above for accuracy.
For Flakeydom

I did my 4th audition on 27th May for Drumming. I think my time was at 4pm.

Commonliner and I were in the same group for drumming audition. The casting team verbally informed us that we shall hear our results in two weeks. Basically either this week or next week latest!
Also i am currently doing Productions for Rio Handover
My drumming audition was meant for 20th May and they have accomodated me to 27th May.
Original post by Dancerwoman
I've scrolled a few pages back and this is what I can gleam from the various postings:-

Thanks Dancerwoman. That's a big help! They are the names that sprung to mind so I'll add them in and then we can correct later if need be!

Original post by galactica2009
Also i am currently doing Productions for Rio Handover

Thanks Galactica - I have your drumming in. Are you doing Productions definitely or still waiting to hear what happens with the drumming first?

Thanks Galactica - I have your drumming in. Are you doing Productions definitely or still waiting to hear what happens with the drumming first?

I am officially in Productions Team. I Shall decide when i get to know my Rio drumming outcome.
Reply 9146

Saturday 19th May
dancinggirl1984 (samba dance) at 2pm
OneAndOnlyEmmaW (samba dance)
hutsulka (samba dance)

Sunday 20th May
twilightz (Samba dance) - Sunday 20th May

Lara 5 (samba dance?) at 1pm?

Ropey1 (Gaffeira) at 1pm

galactica2009 (Backstage Production)

Sunday 27th May
commonliner (drumming and production)

Wednesday 6th June
Lauski22 (drumming)

The chances are, I've probably left many people out, mainly because I didn't scroll every single page. You may need to double check with all the above for accuracy.

That looks about right to me!
Just catching up; I was about to write "give Flakeydom a break, people!", but well...you haven't. :wink:

For the record, I only Rioditioned for drumming, the production interview didn't happen. And should they offer me a place, I am most probably going to decline, as I finally was invited (today!) to sign a contract for the Tate Modern Sehgal piece this summer/autumn! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9148

And to everyone else, I see that Paul McCartney has now said he's playing the Opening.

Result! Thought Live & Let Die was just astounding last night outside the palace!

Sorry we won't be there to see it - but then again, I may well be home by then and able to watch him with an "I've come from there" glow...
51 days to go; no story on the picture today - it was just the one that fitted best given the choice on offer

Screen shot 2012-06-05 at 22.40.27.png

Back to work - such a shame since I was quite enjoying being a lady of leisure! :wink:
Original post by Pinnerite
I think the problem is that if they are going to regularly issue a £10 card each time on arrival than one needs to use it for 2 days - getting home that day and getting back for the next rehearsal so that could be two daily price caps of £8.50 each. So it means that if you need to use tube/bus combos there could be an issue and you cannot top up the card I believe. Also my quickest route home entails exiting a station and walking to one on an adjacent line. Clearly the card is understandably intended only for direct travel to and from rehearsals so if one wishes to divert for any reason on that same day you will need to carry a separate oyster card as queueing for tickets will be a nightmare with all the crowds.

we were issued with a £10 on the first day of a 2 day weekend rehearsal, the next day they took it back and gave us £90 for 10 rehearsals
Reply 9151
Re Rio,

The Gafieira auditions were just generic samba audition as only 5 people had selected a preference for Gafieira. Nothing was mentioned about this but at the end we mentioned it to the woman in charge and she jotted the bib numbers down.

In my audition there were about 40 dancers (mainly from a Samba group from Brighton). There were about 6 men of mixed ability. There were about 6 people that the casting woman knew already and they were very good and looked the part.
Reply 9152
Original post by Mandy_Panda
we were issued with a £10 on the first day of a 2 day weekend rehearsal, the next day they took it back and gave us £90 for 10 rehearsals

Ahh I wondered how long the next card was for. Makes sense!
Did you have a good jubilee weekend? I'm tired out - must have been all the extra choreo. And the fact somehow I ended up doing Scottish dancing much of Monday afternoon due to the influx of kilted men in my loca (er and the wine).
Reply 9153
Original post by Ropey1
Re Rio,

The Gafieira auditions were just generic samba audition as only 5 people had selected a preference for Gafieira. Nothing was mentioned about this but at the end we mentioned it to the woman in charge and she jotted the bib numbers down.

In my audition there were about 40 dancers (mainly from a Samba group from Brighton). There were about 6 men of mixed ability. There were about 6 people that the casting woman knew already and they were very good and looked the part.

Hi, Has anyone been cast for the Rio flag handover? I auditioned for them a couple weeks back and haven't heard.

Please let me know if anyone out there has any information!

Thanks so much!
This is what's been posted on their Facebook page an hour ago....

"Registrations for volunteers are now closed! Thank you to all our volunteers and supporters.

The last audition is this Saturday 9th June. We'd like to thank everyone for their participation and energy.

We will be in touch with you starting next week to let you know your role and the dates for rehearsals.

So get ready to samba!!"

So it sounds to me as if everybody that auditioned has been offered a role. The date of 10th June was mentioned earlier on in this thread so I take it that we will hear around that time - my reckoning is that the emails will start going out around the 11th because the 10th is a Sunday.
Reply 9155
This is what's been posted on their Facebook page an hour ago....

"Registrations for volunteers are now closed! Thank you to all our volunteers and supporters.

The last audition is this Saturday 9th June. We'd like to thank everyone for their participation and energy.

We will be in touch with you starting next week to let you know your role and the dates for rehearsals.

So get ready to samba!!"

So it sounds to me as if everybody that auditioned has been offered a role. The date of 10th June was mentioned earlier on in this thread so I take it that we will hear around that time - my reckoning is that the emails will start going out around the 11th because the 10th is a Sunday.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that....fingers crossed!!

How many people were at your audition?
There were 30 dancers in my one.
Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while.

I just wondered what people are doing on the ceremony day/evening. I'm thinking about staying in a hotel on the closing ceremony evening, are people going to travel home or stayover??

x
I'll most probably be making my way back the same evening - busy debating as to where I'm going to park the car. I'll probably part car, part tube / bus it.
For me it all depends on the times the ceremony's are going to finish ... Does anyone have any ideas ??

If its late then I will be staying the night !! Which does me quite a bit of partying to celebrate :-D xxx

Latest