The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Who else has firmed an offer for primary education??
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
What are the West Park Villas like?
Reply 442
Original post by cecillia
What are the West Park Villas like?

Sorry, only saw this now! West Park is like Heathfield and Belmont, it's updated. Naturally though, as you would know, it is out of the way and takes about 20 minutes to get into campus.
Has anyone heard about what it is like to live in Seabraes Flats 1- 32?
Reply 444
Original post by DanielleMcC552
Has anyone heard about what it is like to live in Seabraes Flats 1- 32?

I lived in Flat 15 Seabraes last year so any questions, please ask!
My mom wants to stay over 1 night when she drops me off on the 3rd, is that allowed?
Reply 446
My mom wants to stay over 1 night when she drops me off on the 3rd, is that allowed?

In your room? I would suggest calling Residences. Usually permission from all flatmates is needed for guests but this is yoir first night so it's a bit different.
Original post by Airmed
In your room? I would suggest calling Residences. Usually permission from all flatmates is needed for guests but this is yoir first night so it's a bit different.

I asked Residences and they said no in case anyone else wanted to know.
Reply 448
I asked Residences and they said no in case anyone else wanted to know.

Oh no. What will you do?
Original post by Airmed
Oh no. What will you do?

She can stay at a B&B or just go home the same day. I have a few questions about the shared kitchen.

Do people steal your food? If so, how do you stop this?

Are there locks on cupboard doors?How much storage do you get?

What is the system for sharing a fridge?

Do people generally cook their own meals at their own times, or is it expected that you will eat/cook together?
Reply 450
She can stay at a B&B or just go home the same day. I have a few questions about the shared kitchen.

Do people steal your food? If so, how do you stop this?

Are there locks on cupboard doors?How much storage do you get?

What is the system for sharing a fridge?

Do people generally cook their own meals at their own times, or is it expected that you will eat/cook together?

People stealing food? Depends on your flat. How to stop it? Either report it and face the rest of your flat knowing or chalk it up as the uni experience. It happens, unfortunately.

Storage? 2 cupboards (and drawer for cutlery unless you're in belmont it seems). There is also a big cupboard with shelves than people tend to use if they needed to.

Locks? Only one cupboard of mine in Seabraes had a lock and it was useless unless you got a padlock. In Belmont I have a key to one cupboard.

Fridge and freezer? One shelf in each if you're in on campus or Seabraes. Things are more messy in West Park.

Cooking? Depends on your flat, some eat together, some don't. Mine never did. We split into groups really. It was impossible for us all to eat together due to diets and societies, work, uni etc. It is not expected.

Sorry about your mum.
Reply 451
I was wondering if you could tell me how freshers works, buying tickets to certain events and if it costs to go to events in the DUSA.
Reply 452
Original post by R.K143
I was wondering if you could tell me how freshers works, buying tickets to certain events and if it costs to go to events in the DUSA.

To gain entry to some events during Freshers, look here https://www.dusa.co.uk/freshers/ During Freshers you will matriculate, and there will be plenty of events to do during the day. Usually information will be sent out about this after your offer has changed to unconditional firm.

Tickets for events at DUSA can usually be bought at the Prem shop on campus or through an app called Yoyo wallet.

It does cost to go to certain events at DUSA during the year. Skint Tuesday with £1 entry and £1 drinks. Pop, Mono and others on Fridays sometimes also charge.
Hello,

I am Jamal Shah from Pakistan. I am enrolled in PhD in Economics. My classes will start on 2nd September this year. I haven't apply for accommodation yet. I have no idea about the housing at Dundee. Would you please help me out finding best accommodation ?

Regards
Reply 454
Original post by jamalshahsafi
Hello,

I am Jamal Shah from Pakistan. I am enrolled in PhD in Economics. My classes will start on 2nd September this year. I haven't apply for accommodation yet. I have no idea about the housing at Dundee. Would you please help me out finding best accommodation ?

Regards

Hiya, I would be happy to help! Just let me get onto my laptop. :h:
Original post by Airmed
Hiya, I would be happy to help! Just let me get onto my laptop. :h:

thanks .I m waiting
Reply 456
thanks .I m waiting

Ok, so there is a range of private accommodation in Dundee for students.

The Hub

Parker House

Old Mill

Keiller Court

Campus Apartments

There is also a Facebook page called DUSA Housing. It is ran by the student union. People regularly advertise spare rooms going in houses or flats.

There is also of course Seabraes 33-64, university postgrad accommodation, but I don't know if it is likely there is any left. Possibly.

There is all the links. Just have a look and see which ones would fit into your price range. :h:
Hey Airmed. they are so many. can you please recommend some of the best for me. so that I can make some easy choices among those ;-)
Reply 458
Hey Airmed. they are so many. can you please recommend some of the best for me. so that I can make some easy choices among those ;-)

It depends on your budget, really. But the Hub, Parker House, Old Mill and Keiller Court all have bills included so you don't have to worry about that!
Hi, I'm going to be studying adult nursing at the Fife campus and will have to travel to Dundee during freshers week for uniform fittings and matriculation. I was just wondering if it's OK to take family member along? As I'm a bit unsure of making my way from Fife to Dundee by bus for the first time ever and would be good to have my di with me as he knows where to go and stuff?

Latest

Trending

Trending