The Student Room Group

Did God or the Big Bang create the universe? (vague title)

Scroll to see replies

god then big bang then universe then dinosaurs then people, then judgment day
What if inhales god caused the big bang exhales cloud of weed smoke. Okay you can lock this thread now.
Reply 342
I believe that God created the big bang so both theories are true imo
Original post by ninjay
I believe that God created the big bang so both theories are true imo

I agree
category error

the big bang is a historical-theoretical model of the expansion of the early universe

"god" in this context tends just to be a plug people use to pretend that they have explanations for things that they don't.

Spoiler

Reply 345
can i tick both :h:
Depends on your own personal belief.
Original post by hannahalicia
Just wondering. (I know my title is weird, I don't know how else to phrase it.)

I know people who believe that God caused the big bang so this thread can just be black and white.
If you're asking if God exists or not then here:

Universe? From nothing.

It's impossible for our tiny minds to understand how that makes sense, but if one theory tells us it all started from a single point, then where did all that matter that was formed thereafter come from?

Only logical answer is that some being must've put it there. Otherwise how could all that matter just 'appear' out of nowhere? From red bloods cells, to autumnal leaves, the eyeball of a frog to a water droplet suspended thousands of feet in the air, this can't all have been made without an amazing, most intelligent creator.

Our life cycles continue as such: from one action there follows another, and another, and so on. But it all needed a start point. This is God. He had no beginning. HE has no end. HE sees all, does all, sustains all and above all, loves all.
Reply 349
Original post by BrainyBengali
If you're asking if God exists or not then here:

Universe? From nothing.

It's impossible for our tiny minds to understand how that makes sense, but if one theory tells us it all started from a single point, then where did all that matter that was formed thereafter come from?

Only logical answer is that some being must've put it there. Otherwise how could all that matter just 'appear' out of nowhere? From red bloods cells, to autumnal leaves, the eyeball of a frog to a water droplet suspended thousands of feet in the air, this can't all have been made without an amazing, most intelligent creator.

Our life cycles continue as such: from one action there follows another, and another, and so on. But it all needed a start point. This is God. He had no beginning. HE has no end. HE sees all, does all, sustains all and above all, loves all.

Nope, the only logical answer ISN'T that some being must've put it there. Why MUST HAVE? Tell me.

Quick Reply