The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the___jackal
just out of interest, did you guys have to submit ums grades to lse?

You do for some courses (off the top of my head, it was: Economics, Economics with Economic History, Maths and/with Economics, Law and Finance, although there may have been more)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ParisInc.
yay someone else living in Bankside :smile: I've joined the fb group for freshers but not really a chat or anything how about you? Also I haven't been on the tsr lse freshers thread yet I'll check it out.

I haven't seen any specific chats unfortunately :frown:
Hi folks - for those with unconditional offers now (again congratulations!) have you received your welcome packs? I read somewhere that LSE were sending them out but I'm yet to receive anything besides accommodation emails ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tommyprice5
You do for some courses (off the top of my head, it was: Economics, Economics with Economic History, Maths and/with Economics, Law and Finance, although there may have been more)

Ah I see, thanks for the reply :smile:

Is there anyway I can find out for sure ? Is there an official list somewhere?

Cheers
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Hi folks - for those with unconditional offers now (again congratulations!) have you received your welcome packs? I read somewhere that LSE were sending them out but I'm yet to receive anything besides accommodation emails ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not received anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers

I do remember seeing an official list somewhere, I'll have a look for you

Cheers

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lse+ums+questionnaire+2016&biw=1036&bih=803&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCgfDEtd_OAhUsIsAKHXltCeQQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=1zEnSmXjxU5R1M%3A
I had to submit UMS for PPE. My UMS was "subjectively" awful😂 but I'll be studying there this year so it's not a massive issue.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys, I know I shouldn't write on this discussion but I need your help.
Is there anybody that has been accepted for Economics/Economic History?
I want to apply so bad, but since I'm italian I'm not completly fluent and so I would really love if somebody would help me with the personal statement, just giving me advices on what to write and what not to write and GRAMMAR.
Can anybody help me?

Sorry for this post again!
Original post by constantino_chr
I got an offer for BSc Government on Friday.

Both my AS grades and my GCSE's were only OK, so for anyone who wants to apply in the future, be aware the rumors about needing 8+ A*s is b******s. Just make sure your PS is strong and I'd definitely recommend applying for their Summer School programme.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Hi I was just wondering, who is the summer school programme open to?
Original post by jade_on_tsr
Hi I was just wondering, who is the summer school programme open to?

Anyone, I'm still currently doing it! It's a week during summer then 16 Saturday sessions after :smile:
Original post by edenzane
Thanks,

Predictions were A* maths A* Eco A Further

UMS was 291/300 maths
268/300 further
178/200 Eco
French was like 146/200 or something like that

You only doing 3 A2'?, can you just ease my concern that if I do maths,further maths and economics at A2 I can still get an offer as long as they are good. Do you need to do STEP as well? Congrats on your offer
does anyone know the least time they take to give out offers?
Original post by Lucia-DA
Guys, I know I shouldn't write on this discussion but I need your help.
Is there anybody that has been accepted for Economics/Economic History?
I want to apply so bad, but since I'm italian I'm not completly fluent and so I would really love if somebody would help me with the personal statement, just giving me advices on what to write and what not to write and GRAMMAR.
Can anybody help me?

Sorry for this post again!

PM me if you want help, I'm currently studying Econ and Econ History
Original post by ecomicat
does anyone know the least time they take to give out offers?

Out of the 20 that applied from my school, the quickest offer (for BSc econ and econ history) was 2 months (applied in mid october, offer recieved in mid december)
Original post by constantino_chr
I got an offer for BSc Government on Friday.

Both my AS grades and my GCSE's were only OK, so for anyone who wants to apply in the future, be aware the rumors about needing 8+ A*s is b******s. Just make sure your PS is strong and I'd definitely recommend applying for their Summer School programme.

Good luck to those still waiting!

I got mainly B's and a few A's at GCSE, and also i got accc at AS, but i am predicted A* for history
A, A
since i was ill on my politics exam and redoing unit 1 as my teacher looked at the marks of the paper i did not complete and it was worth an A

tbh i am just focused on getting the content covered
grades are not dominating my thoughts

do i have a chance of getting an offer?
my Ps is very strong, and i am applying for law
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 457
Original post by fleky6910
You only doing 3 A2'?, can you just ease my concern that if I do maths,further maths and economics at A2 I can still get an offer as long as they are good. Do you need to do STEP as well? Congrats on your offer

Hi, just to let you know, I applied for IR with 3 full A Levels and one AS and received an unconditional offer, so yes, as long as you meet the grade criteria I'm sure you will stand a fair chance. :smile:
I have recieved an unconditional offer for sociology at LSE I achieved grades A*AB in my a levels in Relgious studies, sociology and history:smile:
Original post by LevCrofts
I've got an Unconditional for the BSc in Government and Economics <3 Is anyone else firming and has anyone else starting thinking about halls etc? Maybe I'm just eager. :wink:

Hi! How did u get an unconditional offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending