The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
CSmiley91
Yep, I'm going to the Liverpool 'gig'. I really enjoyed his creamfields set, what didn't you like about it?

Everything about it was terrible, can't believe how downhill his sets have gone from even a few years ago. His latest album was shocking aswell.

The Len Faki remix of Stranger to stability is probably the biggest track at the moment the amount of times it's been getting dropped recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DY75Ylyu9U

Can't wait for the release of Cirez D-Glow aswell. Sounds quality from the snippets i've heard.
mau5
Everything about it was terrible, can't believe how downhill his sets have gone from even a few years ago. His latest album was shocking aswell.

Ah right, fair enough. I'm still a huge fan, but I do think his older stuff (Adagio for Strings, Traffic etc) were much better than his new stuff.
Yeh it's a shame, Tiesto is up very near me, which is unusual we get big gigs around us but his new album is just rubbish and i'm guessing his set will heavily revolve around it and not showcase his classics :frown:
Reply 2823
CSmiley91
Ah right, fair enough. I'm still a huge fan, but I do think his older stuff (Adagio for Strings, Traffic etc) were much better than his new stuff.

I'm with you, I thought his Creamfields set was great. If his stuff in March is anything like the stuff he played at Priviledge this year then I'd love to see him again! Cardiff is the closest one to me.
Cortez
I'm with you, I thought his Creamfields set was great.

I've got the Creamfields set on CD, nice to drive home from uni listening to that! :smile:
Reply 2825
Cortez
I'm with you, I thought his Creamfields set was great. If his stuff in March is anything like the stuff he played at Priviledge this year then I'd love to see him again! Cardiff is the closest one to me.

To be fair he actually does play some proper trance still at his residency at Priviledge as he get's to play a massive set and he still puts on a good show. But stuff like red hot chilli peppers, Kanye West, Editors and Yeah Yeah Yeahs should not be appearing in a trance set from somones rated as one of the best trance DJ's. He's totally souldout with the comercial pop sounding dance vibe he's got going on, which is a shame fro fans of trance. The likes of Ferry Corsten, Sander van Doorn, Menno de Jong, Markus Schulz, Above and Beyond and even Van Dyk on form are on another level at the minute.
Reply 2826
Still so good! Papa Sven=hero.

Reply 2827
Hi all! :hello:

Just a boring little admin notice:

TSR
The following errors arose while processing your join requests:

aurolle: User has too many society memberships

Requests from these users have been deleted, any other requests have been processed successfully.

Although you won't have the society featured in your drop-down menu because of the above limitations that does not mean that you are not welcome in this society thread to talk about this awesome music!:biggrin: :hugs: You can even include a little note about you being part of this society in your signature if you want!:p: Such as I have done (see below).
giran

Trance has never sounded so GOOD! :w00t:

Quite a bump for the thread but love that in motion.

Anyway here are my favourites.

Reply 2830
Any London clubbers here? Any recommendations where to go on Friday 9th?

Not been out in London before (or even been to London) so could really do with some ideas because I'm bound to miss something good otherwise.

Is "The Gallery" any good? They have this on - http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/viewevent.aspx?eventID=126 - which looks like it might be quite good.

Oh yeah, needs to go on til 6 or 7 am because we're getting our bus back at 7.45 am and don't want to wait around too long :laugh:

This is bloody epic

Reply 2835
Stop making so many good tunes Eric!

not bad for his new track

i think i like Pryda - Emos a bit more

i am loving Faithless "Not Going Home" Armin van Buuren Remix at this current time
Reply 2837
robinson999

not bad for his new track

i think i like Pryda - Emos a bit more

i am loving Faithless "Not Going Home" Armin van Buuren Remix at this current time

Yeah I like some chords. Was reading on the deadmau5 fb page earlier though that on his UK tour he has only been performing 1hr 20 sets and charging £30 a ticket which is a bit **** really.

Ferry Corsten played that remix in his essential mix 2 weeks ago, was a quality mix, but Sasha and Hawtin were even better last week!
mau5
Yeah I like some chords. Was reading on the deadmau5 fb page earlier though that on his UK tour he has only been performing 1hr 20 sets and charging £30 a ticket which is a bit **** really.

Ferry Corsten played that remix in his essential mix 2 weeks ago, was a quality mix, but Sasha and Hawtin were even better last week!

£30 a ticket is just a rip off, seeing as Pryda and friends is going for what £10, £15 on the door a thats a 10-6 am set

i liked the Ferry Corsten mix, sasha and hawtin where great as well, didn't think too much off the 500th dj through, pretty poor in my view
mau5

I bloody well hope not. I'm seeing him on thursday at liverpool SU and paid £25 bloody quid

Quick Reply

Latest