The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i applied here last year, but didnt get an interview. i know someone who did though, and apparently the interviews are really tough here, anyone shed any light on that?
Reply 61
jazzymedic
i applied here last year, but didnt get an interview. i know someone who did though, and apparently the interviews are really tough here, anyone shed any light on that?

Out of the three interviews that I had I think that the BSMS one was probably the most friendly and the least intimidating.

I felt that the pannel wanted to get to know me and wanted me to do well. They were keen and enthusiastic and didn't seem like they wanted me to trip up. From my experience helping out with interviews when I was a student most people I spoke to seemed to think that the interview was fair.

Things might have changed but that was my experience of it :smile:
Reply 62
randdom
Out of the three interviews that I had I think that the BSMS one was probably the most friendly and the least intimidating.

I felt that the pannel wanted to get to know me and wanted me to do well. They were keen and enthusiastic and didn't seem like they wanted me to trip up. From my experience helping out with interviews when I was a student most people I spoke to seemed to think that the interview was fair.

Yep, definitely the case for me last year.
Reply 63
thanks for your help :smile:
I applied here :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 65
do they give out acknowledgments?

has anyone been to their open day?
didn't have the chance to go myself.. :frown:
Original post by randdom

In your experience, what was the standard like at interview? Were the majority excellent candidates, or were there quite a few who you thought didn't really have a clue or would make terrible doctors?
Reply 67
Original post by sparky93
do they give out acknowledgments?

has anyone been to their open day?
didn't have the chance to go myself.. :frown:

no they dont give anything out untill they give out interviews. It was really nice and it seem like such a friendly bunch, i realy want to go there :bumps:
Reply 68
Original post by jazzymedic

do you have idea why you didn't get in, because to me you seem really good:biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by Tame Impala
In your experience, what was the standard like at interview? Were the majority excellent candidates, or were there quite a few who you thought didn't really have a clue or would make terrible doctors?

How the hell would anyone know that? We weren't in other people's interviews.

If you think you can find a med school that a bunch of idiots apply to you may find yourself disappointed.
Original post by Hantheman
How the hell would anyone know that? We weren't in other people's interviews.

If you think you can find a med school that a bunch of idiots apply to you may find yourself disappointed.

Well I thought when randdom said she'd helped out at interview she meant she'd been on the panel, meaning she'd have seen many applicants at interview. But I might be wrong and she just meant she gave advice to applicants about the interview? I dunno.

Also just because someone's clever doesn't mean they'll perform well at interview or make a good doctor.
Original post by randdom

I love your song of the month..yes indeed! he alone can rescue
Reply 72
Original post by 04001
do you have idea why you didn't get in, because to me you seem really good:biggrin:

because up until my A2 levels my academics were appalling :P
Well I reckon the first batch of BSMS interviews should be out soon considering the interviewing will be starting in November, so watch out in the next week or so!
bumping in - my mate just got an interview today from BSMS :biggrin:
Reply 75
WOW
lucky, is he/she a reapplicant??
Reply 76
Original post by Singh993
bumping in - my mate just got an interview today from BSMS :biggrin:

:bawling: I want one!
Did he/she hear by post/email?
Original post by Carpet21
:bawling: I want one!
Did he/she hear by post/email?

email :smile:

and no, he's not a re-applicant....first time applicant :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by Singh993
email :smile:

and no, he's not a re-applicant....first time applicant :smile:

My obsessive email-checking has just intensified. :rofl:

Congratulations to them though. :smile:
Original post by Carpet21
My obsessive email-checking has just intensified. :rofl:

Congratulations to them though. :smile:

heheheeh i had a feeling that as soon as i said that, all the BSMS applicants would go to their emails :biggrin:

best of luck, im sure you'll get an interview soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending