The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hello oh
Think someone posted them in the old thread but they caught my eye in an UO store today:

Not usually a Lyle & Scott fan but think I may have to purchase..

Me likey.
Original post by CountMancula
Anyone like the Comme des Garcons Play t-shirts? They look nice but far too expensive.

Yeah I have a few. They are very distinctive, I never see anyone else wearing them and so many people have complimented me when I had them on.
Reply 82
Original post by Hello oh
Think someone posted them in the old thread but they caught my eye in an UO store today:

Not usually a Lyle & Scott fan but think I may have to purchase..

I've got them, they're very nice and would recommend. Only annoyance is the laces really, they're really long and you have to tuck them in to make them look decent.
Reply 83
Original post by Fields
They're a slightly different shape with a thinner sole. You can sort of see it in these pictures but not very well. If you saw two side by side in a shop you'd know what I mean.

Hideous

just picked these up in zara for £26! Bargain, as usual no idea what shoes i'm going to wear with them but oh well.

oh and these trainers

Reply 85

Just got these shorts, not sure why but I liked them, looking for some shoes like the model is wearing in the above also though, look quite like some Lyle and Scotts I'd seen around, but generally nicer..
Original post by veggie4life

just picked these up in zara for £26! Bargain, as usual no idea what shoes i'm going to wear with them but oh well.

Nice, you should where them with your brogues! :cool:
Reply 87
Original post by WillKail

Just got these shorts, not sure why but I liked them, looking for some shoes like the model is wearing in the above also though, look quite like some Lyle and Scotts I'd seen around, but generally nicer..

I know what you mean, they're a lot like a pair of shorts I saw a whole ago.

The shorts I bought from Urban Outfitters arrived today. The denim ones ate great, although will be better after being worn in a bit. The khaki shorts are far too tight though :s-smilie:
Reply 89

Link doesn't work on my iPhone, but generally speaking H&M clothes don't elicit positive feelings for me so assume I think it's cheap looking and crap :yy:
Original post by paddy
Link doesn't work on my iPhone, but generally speaking H&M clothes don't elicit positive feelings for me so assume I think it's cheap looking and crap :yy:

Yeah, it is.
sub
Reply 92
Original post by maskofsanity
Anyone know where to get some nice beige chinos?

All I can find are mustard colour ones with strange cuts like "carrot" and "drop-crotch".

I got a pair in H&M
Reply 93
Original post by Kiirk
Does anybody have a Hackett polo?

http://www.johnlewis.com/200113/Style.aspx

Looking at a style like that, but am wondering how well it washes and compares to RL.

Also does anybody know how the sizes compare to RL too? Say if I was small RL..

And finally any ideas for polos similar to RL?

I have quite a few Hackett Polo shirts (all bought at John Lewis) and they are such good quality and wash really well.
I only have 1 RL polo shirt and it is not nearly as good quality. I would say Hackett is small made compared to RL.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Nice, you should where them with your brogues! :cool:

sounds like a plan :wink:
Reply 95
Just bought these trainers... http://www.asos.com//Lacoste/Lacoste-Barbados-Cl1-Trainers/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1433471

Would be grateful to get some opinions.

Also, what's the consensus on wearing trainers with chinos?
Reply 96
Original post by MrSnrub
Just bought these trainers... http://www.asos.com//Lacoste/Lacoste-Barbados-Cl1-Trainers/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1433471

Lacoste generally have a negative opinion here.

Depends what trainers, but generally no.
Reply 97
Original post by Kiirk
Does anybody have a Hackett polo?

http://www.johnlewis.com/200113/Style.aspx

Looking at a style like that, but am wondering how well it washes and compares to RL.

Also does anybody know how the sizes compare to RL too? Say if I was small RL..

And finally any ideas for polos similar to RL?

For polos, the 'big two' if you like are Lacoste and RL. Both absolute classics that should be in every man's wardrobe IMO. I quite fancy a bit of 'This is not a Polo Shirt', but they retail for £100+ which is a bit steep for a polo shirt I think. Sunspel are good though, and more affordable. Perhaps look at them?

I would never wear Hackett.
Reply 98
Original post by Fields
For polos, the 'big two' if you like are Lacoste and RL. Both absolute classics that should be in every man's wardrobe IMO. I quite fancy a bit of 'This is not a Polo Shirt', but they retail for £100+ which is a bit steep for a polo shirt I think. Sunspel are good though, and more affordable. Perhaps look at them?

I would never wear Hackett.

Polistas are another brand I'd like to throw in there, the plain polos are made very well and generally give quite a good fit.
Reply 99
Original post by MrSnrub

they're quite nice. you cant really tell they're lacoste.

Latest