The Student Room Group

Best live British band you have seen

Pretty self explanatory really...I think mine is probably Biffy Clyro. I would say Prodigy but I'm sure a lot of it is pre-recorded so 'mon the Biff!

I shall be seeing Muse later this year and with much positive feedback, I am expecting to be blown away by their live show.

So who's yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bring me the horizon at birmingham arena,

but flux pavillion was pretty good, can't remember where i saw him....
I'll second that !
Mon thee biffy :biggrin:
Reply 3
I really enjoyed The Kooks well it was straight after seeing Paolo Nutini who was absoloutley crap...i love his music but i don't think he was very good live, so the Kooks was an upgrade :smile: Florence + the machine was good too, amazing vocals...
Reply 4
abba
Reply 5
Iron Maiden
Reply 6
Saw The Kooks a few years back in Newquay, they were amazing! and I saw Muse in Lancashire last year...very impressed!

Not really a band, but I saw Sugababes live once....I was shocked at how good they were! I would have never thought a group like that could actually sing live.
Reply 7
So far I would have to say Muse. If you thought their albums are good, wait until you see them live!

Though if I'm being honest, I wish I was born earlier so I could have seen Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd...
Bellowhead.

Folk music at it's absolute best.
Reply 9
Feeder, without a doubt. Amazing live band.
Kasabian.
Reply 11
Temper Trap. :smile:
Reply 12
Radiohead is one that I want to see as well.
Reply 13
Speaking as someone who works in the entertainment industry I've had the pleasure of seeing or working almost every gig mentioned above (but not Maiden or Muse... Yet). And they are all really good! I think my favourite would have to be either Basement Jaxx or Groove Armada.
Original post by Tizmo
Though if I'm being honest, I wish I was born earlier so I could have seen Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd...

While not technically Pink Floyd, Roger Waters is doing an arena tour with The Wall atm, I saw it last night and it really is amazing... As a production and a concept I would strongly recommend it to anyone with the slightest interest in Floyd
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by jacet
Speaking as someone who works in the entertainment industry I've had the pleasure of seeing or working almost every gig mentioned above (but not Maiden or Muse... Yet). And they are all really good! I think my favourite would have to be either Basement Jaxx or Groove Armada.

While not technically Pink Floyd, Roger Waters is doing an arena tour with The Wall atm, I saw it last night and it really is amazing... As a production and a concept I would strongly recommend it to anyone with the slightest interest in Floyd

I couldn't manage to get tickets to the shows at the O2...:frown:
MUSE.
I was soooo close to touching Matt Bellamy... if it wasn't for the giant sweating guy in front of me.
Reply 16
Original post by Tizmo
I couldn't manage to get tickets to the shows at the O2...:frown:

Oops... Well it was only a gig, it wasn't that good... Ahem:colondollar:
Reply 17
Muse

Although Biffy were supporting them and they were damn good also ^^
Iron Maiden, without a doubt. Phenomenal.
The Fratellis in Glasgow. The place was absolutely jumping!

Quick Reply

Latest