The Student Room Group

Weirdest nicknames given to you in school…

Scroll to see replies

Loppy, because we did a year of coppacing and I mostly got loppers instead of a saw, and it sounded like a dwarf name.
Hyppo because I'm not fat.
Posh, because my name is Victoria? 0.o
I fainted once in year 9 whilst standing outside with the rest of the class, as we were lining up for English. Apparently I fell backwards and my head landed at some boy's feet, and I've been told he was just about to kick me (?!) only to then realise that I wasn't pulling some joke and had actually passed out. I started shaking a bit on the floor and then woke up to find everyone looking very, very concerned.

I got called 'Epilepsy girl' for about 2 months after that. It hasn't happened since.
Original post by medbh4805
I am aware of this. But this is hardly conclusive evidence that she herself was having an affair. Nothing but seculation and scurrilous gossip :pierre:

Considering the details it seems the likely deduction
Original post by That Bearded Man
Considering the details it seems the likely deduction

:lies: :h:
Original post by medbh4805

Sugar tits :smile:

I should mention I'm a dude

I was a podgy kid :colondollar:
Badger.... had that for years. Presumably they thought I looked like one.

Oh, and "Perrence Trent D'Arby", because my name is Perry, but this just made me ponder two things:

1: Surely that defeats the point of a nickname as you've gone from two syllables to five?
2: I didn't realise so many teenagers from the 2000's had any inkling of the existence of Terence Trent D'Arby.
Half of the guys called me Naija (Nigeria), and the other half called me Maghrib (Morocco) - they were arguing over which side of my family my generous backside came from.

I was pissed

Oh, and my best friend still calls me Spazzy Yazzy. *le sigh*

I don't like nicknames.
(edited 12 years ago)
[redacted]
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 109
My ones were 'Pombear' and 'Sugar Puff Monster' because I apparently look like both?
Reply 110
Derrick, after my friends grandfather who used to import fridges. Apparently thats how I got into this country :rofl:
I had sooo many :
Toytoy
toy
ty
tyty
toyota (by accident lol)
toyo (the worst!!)
Reply 112
Original post by Toffee_Kid
Half of the guys called me Naija (Nigeria), and the other half called me Maghrib (Morocco) - they were arguing over which side of my family my generous backside came from.

I was pissed

Oh, and my best friend still calls me Spazzy Yazzy. *le sigh*

I don't like nicknames.

Half moroccan, half nigerian? :awesome:
Reply 113
I got called Larry cos apparently its a dogs name and this one time I ate dog biscuits... They just looked like biscuits, you know? I didn't realise they were dog-exclusive. It's a bit of a sore point actually. They were really nice biscuits. I don't know why but I care.

Edit: Oh, and a lot of people just call me "GAY!!!" on account of the time someone shouted it and I looked around and they were like "HEY, WILL ANSWERS TO "GAY" !!!" >:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by imy7
Barry, Jim and Luke. It's quite unfortunate that they're all male names...
That's alright, my best mate calls his girlfriend's sister Steve because she's a builder :p:

Some people call me Indie at college because my trilby reminds them of Indiana Jones, heh heh.
Reply 115
During my years in Hong Kong, was commonly called Mark Kor because my name is Mark and during that era there was a famous gangster on TV called Mak Kor.

During my years in Switzerland, nick name of Bruce Lee came about, I used to represent the canton for Taekwondo and used to get involved in fights in school with boys bigger and older than me.

During the next years in Hong Kong, became known as Woody or Woody Woodpecker. Heh better not post why this was the case.

During my years in Singapore, got the nickname of Chetiar because one Indian bloke in school started calling me that as I was the well known money lender at school that demanded very high interest....... or else :tongue:
i got "Goblin" for a good few years from my mates
No idea why, apparently i looked a bit green one day and it stuck...
Bastards
My grandad used to call me herbert sherbet (god knows why)? And then my dad evolved it to Herb Sherb, then, Herbie, now herb -_- jees.
Reply 118
Some of my friends call me Beanie. :colondollar:
"The 15 inch kid"

No idea why... :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending