The Student Room Group

Is It Okay For Me To Have Two Boyfriends ? :/

Hello TSR Friends

ME: 20 year old girl who lives in UK studying at university.

My boyfriend:,long distance, I really like him and his made a SUPER effort to make this long distance relationship work, we skype daily, he has booked us vacations this year around the world, we talk on the phone 4 times a week and it's all going well he sends me gifts in the post every other week. His end goal is to return to UK to stay in his companies UK office in 2015. He really loves me and is making an effort with all this long distance stuff. I appreciate it, especially the fact he wants me to travel the world with him and do things I'd never get the chance to do. His amazing, caring, down to earth, humble and treats me like a princess.

I love him loadssss but I get so lonely without him here all the time anymore :frown:

The other guy : This guy is in my university, his 20, he is a medic student, he is sweet and stuff. He is a newbie and really sweet he likes me, and I've been dating him for the past few weeks and he has asked me to be his girlfriend, this is the typical 'college' love, it's just sweet and playful not seriously passionate and 'proper' love like my boyfriend. We hang out in student bars and do studenty stuff. Well this dude wont be like my 'boyfriend' boyfriend, just like a 'play' boyfriend for when im at uni

Is it okay if I have my long distance boyfriend and my in college boyfriend ?

They would never cross paths (well obviously) and my long distance boyfriend is more the settling down mature type (cultured, well traveled, caring, devoted etc), the medic dude is just someone to hang around , study and do typical every day 'normal' stuff with.

I love times with my boyfriend, flying around and doing all these things which he is kind enough to share with me but I just get bored at uni during those gap phases. Of course this medic dude will just be a 'play' boyfriend and I won't get like attached to him. Just for the time being you know.

They're just so different, with my long distance I wear like dresses, high heels etc, with college dude I wear jeans and converse so just two very different settings.

Is this morally okay ??

They'd never find out

Also I will not sleep with medic guy

Scroll to see replies

Short answer: No

Long answer: No
Original post by littleshambles
Short answer: No

Long answer: No

and there is your answer in the first reply.

You can try and rationalise it all you want, but having two boyfriends is wrong.
No. Having two BFS makes you...um...whats the word...im looking for,.....oh yeah, a slag...
Original post by Anonymous
Hello TSR Friends

ME: 20 year old girl who lives in UK studying at university.

My boyfriend:,long distance, I really like him and his made a SUPER effort to make this long distance relationship work, we skype daily, he has booked us vacations this year around the world, we talk on the phone 4 times a week and it's all going well he sends me gifts in the post every other week. His end goal is to return to UK to stay in his companies UK office in 2015. He really loves me and is making an effort with all this long distance stuff. I appreciate it, especially the fact he wants me to travel the world with him and do things I'd never get the chance to do. His amazing, caring, down to earth, humble and treats me like a princess.

I love him loadssss but I get so lonely without him here all the time anymore :frown:

The other guy : This guy is in my university, his 20, he is a medic student, he is sweet and stuff. He is a newbie and really sweet he likes me, and I've been dating him for the past few weeks and he has asked me to be his girlfriend, this is the typical 'college' love, it's just sweet and playful not seriously passionate and 'proper' love like my boyfriend. We hang out in student bars and do studenty stuff. Well this dude wont be like my 'boyfriend' boyfriend, just like a 'play' boyfriend for when im at uni

Is it okay if I have my long distance boyfriend and my in college boyfriend ?

They would never cross paths (well obviously) and my long distance boyfriend is more the settling down mature type (cultured, well traveled, caring, devoted etc), the medic dude is just someone to hang around , study and do typical every day 'normal' stuff with.

I love times with my boyfriend, flying around and doing all these things which he is kind enough to share with me but I just get bored at uni during those gap phases. Of course this medic dude will just be a 'play' boyfriend and I won't get like attached to him. Just for the time being you know.

They're just so different, with my long distance I wear like dresses, high heels etc, with college dude I wear jeans and converse so just two very different settings.

Is this morally okay ??

They'd never find out

Also I will not sleep with medic guy

The bits in bold are the parts i couldn't help but pull you up on, once reading the title of the thread as well as the post itself. Im confused by some of it. Two boyfriends is an obvious one, NO. So take a minute to think about what you wrote, then re read the parts i have made bold in your first paragraph and maybe question them. As well as your morals. Thanks.
This isn't right at all. You need to choose who you want to be with.
ITT: Nice guy finishing last. This is why eventually 'nice' guys get tired of being used and start treating women like ****.
Reply 7
It's only ok if they both know the situation and both agree with it.
Reply 8
if you're not going to sleep with the 'other guy' and it isn't 'proper love' then why can't you just be friends with him, you can still do all the same stuff you do together now without being disloyal to your boyfriend. Just make it clear you do not want a romantic relationship with the 'other guy' or give one of them up...
Reply 9
hang on this play boyfriend im guessing your going to sleep with him and kiss him as its a boyfriend?
and your asking us if its ok....dear god you claim to love your ldr bf yet you want us to give you the go ahead to get another one
ask your ldr bf im sure he can give you a proper answer
Why stop at two? Throw a third one in the mix. And a girl.

Because if you're gonna do something stupid, you'd best go the whole hog I guess :rolleyes:
Please tell me you're not seriously asking that question. No, it is not okay, not ever, not in any universe, not even in the craziest crazies' brain.
Reply 12
It's ok IF they both agree you can have two boyfriends - an open relationship.

Otherwise, NO honey.
Original post by Anonymous
Well this dude wont be like my 'boyfriend' boyfriend, just like a 'play' boyfriend for when im at uni

a 'play' boyfriend? seriously?! it's unfair enough as it is, but you're just using the guy. end it before you hurt him, not to mention ruin things with your long-term boyfriend. you've said you're only going out with him because you're bored, you're not attached to him..why not just be friends?
You don't deserve your long term boyfriend. He puts the effort in to maintain the relationship and you want to cheat on him?

You are either a grade a bitch, a total and utter idiot, or a little from column a and a little from column b
I have no idea what is going on inside your head but you should be happy that you have someone who cares about you so much. Although to be honest now, I wish he'd dump you and find someone who doesn't want to have "Play boyfriends", not only is that wrong, you're also leading a guy along who has no idea about your LDR boyfriend.

OP, you disgust me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Take this on Jeremy Kyle. PLEASE
Not only is this ridiculous idea completely unfair on your boyfriend, but you'll be leading this 'newbie' guy on and if you're even half a decent person, the guilt will eat you up inside so much that it just will not work. Come on now, don't lose respect from others and for yourself.
Get some mates...
Reply 19
Honesty is the best policy :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending