The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett application

Heya guys (Or more specifically 'girls')

I've read about a billion threads from 2011 about girls who applied for HBS and got rejected/accepted or received a conditional offer. But guess what?

Nothing about 2012 applicants. So, to tame my now sorrowful spirits in ever finding any other girls who have applied, I was wondering if any of you have received a retort from them as of recent, it would be much obliged dolls. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Why would you want to go to that school anyway??
Reply 2
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Why would you want to go to that school anyway??

* Inquisitive smile* Is there some hidden or foreboding secrets of the school I know not of? Why doll, what's your opinion? :smile:
Original post by Roxanne Corker
* Inquisitive smile* Is there some hidden or foreboding secrets of the school I know not of? Why doll, what's your opinion? :smile:

Well I hate that school... The girls from there used to look at me from head to toe and they would look at me like I was dirt... And always making their snooty comments...

They think they are all that but really arent...

Haha maybe Im just biased...

Well when my year group applied for sixth form... Every single one of them got rejected without an interview... Coincidence?? I find that hard to believe...

But I think of it as a blessing in disguise :smile:
Reply 4
A friend of mine goes there. She says the teaching isn't that great and the school is worth all the hype they just want people to get good grades so it can make the school look good.

Apparently one girl got rejected from the school because her GCSE's weren't good enough. She got 8 A*'s and 2 A's FFS.

The friend who goes there is considered "below average" in terms of academic intelligence yet she got 4 A*'s and 6 A's at GCSE. :lolwut:

And according to my friend, a group of girls climbed through the roof of the girl's toilets and then crawled around the roof of the school before crashing into the sixth form study area. They got away with it, so that they could maintain the reputation of the school.

:colonhash:
Reply 5
The competition is ridiculous. I admit, but depends on your fellow students predicted grades, and, as enraging and stringent as it is. The school you attend (I know right? Horrible) Some girls are pompous, but it doesn't account for the majority I suppose. What school do you attend? And what where their predicted grades? O_o
Reply 6
That's ridiculous! 'Below average'. So, in a way. It's really all a façade in some aspects?
Reply 7
A friend of mine goes there. She says the teaching isn't that great and the school isn't worth all the hype they just want people to get good grades so it can make the school look good.

Apparently one girl got rejected from the school because her GCSE's weren't good enough. She got 8 A*'s and 2 A's FFS.

The friend who goes there is considered "below average" in terms of academic intelligence yet she got 4 A*'s and 6 A's at GCSE. :lolwut:

And according to my friend, a group of girls climbed through the roof of the girl's toilets and then crawled around the roof of the school before crashing into the sixth form study area. They got away with it, so that they could maintain the reputation of the school.

:colonhash:
Original post by Roxanne Corker
What school do you attend? And what where their predicted grades? O_o

Asking me??? Im in year 13 now... But I remember everyone applying there...

I just saw the name of the thread and yeh...
Reply 9
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Asking me??? Im in year 13 now... But I remember everyone applying there...

I just saw the name of the thread and yeh...

*Eek* Sorry doll, didn't realise you were in year 13, presumed you were 12 or something. This gets more stressful as it escalates-think I may have too jam my pen in my eye to relinquish it. -.-
Reply 10
:eek: please don't o.o

I'm applying but i haven't heard anything from them :frown: but in another thread someone said that they called them and that they're going to reply in march??

my friends went to the open day and they loved it apparently :confused:
Reply 11
Original post by blehh321
:eek: please don't o.o

I'm applying but i haven't heard anything from them :frown: but in another thread someone said that they called them and that they're going to reply in march??

my friends went to the open day and they loved it apparently :confused:

HBS will reply in March. Something like the 6th onwards. They apparently are very contented and relaxed in atmosphere and demeanour of the school. When I attended the open evening it was astonishing. The ardour of the girls about their subjects was evident. The girls were a little toffy though. But, to be expected when the area is quite robust in riches. :') Not that different from Finchley or Muswell hill if you know them areas. WH is catching up too HBS now in academia. More and more from WH are getting into Oxbridge or Russels. A girl from my school who attended WH got into Cambridge two years ago :smile:

*As I attempt to act mellow as the fact I have now replied to two of your posts...not stalkerish at all* :')
Reply 12
Ahh ok thanks :smile: yep I know those areas pretty well x) I heard about woodhouse getting better too but Henrietta's still my first choice :smile:

Haha definitely not stalkerish x) I was in two convos with you in so it's to be expected :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
One of my friends got offer today.
Did anyone out there get an offer today?
Original post by anonymous5001

i got one today but i live kinda far in Camden and i think i'm gonna reject it and just go woodhouse since i got a direct offer their.

I got a rejection. My predicted grades were 7 A* and 5 A's.
What kind of grades did the people who got accepted have?
Original post by alsam005.310
I got a rejection. My predicted grades were 7 A* and 5 A's.
What kind of grades did the people who got accepted have?

Do you live far from school. I heard that they take distance also into account
Do you live far from school. I heard that they take distance also into account

I don't live too far away from the school. Probably 20-30 minute drive. Would you recommend calling them, and asking why I received a rejection?
(edited 12 years ago)
It is worth asking the school. But very rarely they pickup the phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending