The Student Room Group

aqa sociology may/june 2012 exam

Hi everyone,

Do you know what might come up in the may or june 2012 aqa sociology exam for 'family and households' and 'crime and deviance'? I have been trying to revise hard, however these are my resits so it would be helpful to know any predictions for the exam? Any tips?

Any help about the exam would be appreciated

thanks
Reply 1
I'm surpised no one has answered this yet. I was then about to make a thread for it but I see you already have.

I have no idea what will come up in it, I was trying to find if someone knew the questions for the January 2012 exam paper then it's probably not likely to be those things. And it probably won't be what came up last year which I did.. I'm retaking this year...
Original post by akemikat
I'm surpised no one has answered this yet. I was then about to make a thread for it but I see you already have.

I have no idea what will come up in it, I was trying to find if someone knew the questions for the January 2012 exam paper then it's probably not likely to be those things. And it probably won't be what came up last year which I did.. I'm retaking this year...

Questions for Jan F&H were:

01 Explain what is meant by the 'dual burden'

02 Explain the difference between the expressive role and the instrumental role

03 Suggest three ways in which the differences between children and adults are becoming less clear in society today.

04 Examine the reasons for, and the effects of, changes in family size over the past 100 years or so.

05 Using material from item 2B and elsewhere, assess sociological views of the impact of government polices and laws on family life.

I hope none come up again I didn't like social policy one bit.
Reply 3
Original post by Harassment Panda
Questions for Jan F&H were:

01 Explain what is meant by the 'dual burden'

02 Explain the difference between the expressive role and the instrumental role

03 Suggest three ways in which the differences between children and adults are becoming less clear in society today.

04 Examine the reasons for, and the effects of, changes in family size over the past 100 years or so.

05 Using material from item 2B and elsewhere, assess sociological views of the impact of government polices and laws on family life.

I hope none come up again I didn't like social policy one bit.

You're a star! Thank you.

Erugh I don't like any of them except the easy ones lol. I have no idea why I'm bothering retaking this because I'm probably going to do worse.. since its a year later..
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't like them either. I'm retaking and the two questions I didn't want (had least knowledge) came up! I ended up with a C but still retaking as chances are those questions will not come up again and I'll better my grade.
Reply 5
Original post by Harassment Panda
I didn't like them either. I'm retaking and the two questions I didn't want (had least knowledge) came up! I ended up with a C but still retaking as chances are those questions will not come up again and I'll better my grade.

I also got a C last year. It was really weird because in paper 2 I got 4 marks away from an A, and in paper 1 I got an E. I really couldn't believe the totally drastic difference and did debate whether it may have been a nasty examiner but meh.. I don't know. I'm really hoping to get my grade up to at least a B this time round...
Reply 6
Original post by akemikat

Questions in jan for crime and d were labelling and globalisation. For theories it was functionalism and new right. Completely forgot what the question was for research methods but it was someing related to courts. Goodluck!
Reply 7
Original post by Fpm
Questions in jan for crime and d were labelling and globalisation. For theories it was functionalism and new right. Completely forgot what the question was for research methods but it was someing related to courts. Goodluck!

Covert observation in courts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending