The Student Room Group

When does your study leave start?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
How much do you revise in your study leave? I've always seen it as a holiday before exams.

Oh no I'm going to be revising non-stop!
Study leave after exams is a nice holiday :wink:
Original post by Natalie21
Oh no I'm going to be revising non-stop!
Study leave after exams is a nice holiday :wink:

Seriously? Well done to you :smile:
I start A2 lessons a week or two before my exams finish, so I won't be having much of a holiday until summer holidays start.
Seriously? Well done to you :smile:
I start A2 lessons a week or two before my exams finish, so I won't be having much of a holiday until summer holidays start.

Haha thanks :biggrin:

Yeah I have one exam after A2 lessons begin but its only Critical Thinking so it doesn't really need much revision :smile:
Reply 23
It starts on the 14th, my first exam being on the 16th :frown:
A2, and I get none. :frown: Lessons are completely useless, I'm making my own study leave.
Haha thanks :biggrin:

Yeah I have one exam after A2 lessons begin but its only Critical Thinking so it doesn't really need much revision :smile:

From what I here Critical thinking isn't much of a subject, then again I've not done it myself.

Original post by AmyLH
It starts on the 14th, my first exam being on the 16th :frown:

I guess you need to be really efficient then :biggrin:
My study leave starts next week. BUT we still have to go in for subjects we've got an exam for. So because of my timetable and exam dates, I still have to go in ever day of study leave for revision lessons. :angry: this applies to practically everyone in my sixth form as the BTEC people still have to go in to finish their coursework, so nobody actually gets to stay at home unless all their exams finish before the holiday, but then it's not study leave as they have no studying to do!

Plus I do 1 A2 and 3 ASes. We start A2 work for my 3 current ASes, before my A2 exam! During that time, I'm refusing to do any homework for those 3 lessons.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
I don't have any study leave either so I'm expected to stay in school till June 21st. For A2! Somehow I don;t think so! :tongue:
Original post by kcr123
I don't have any study leave either so I'm expected to stay in school till June 21st. For A2! Somehow I don;t think so! :tongue:

When is your last exam? Mines 22nd june.
Original post by tsveta
Ours starts on 25th May yet my first exam is on 23rd May. Grrrrr :mad: Seriously how do they expect me to have time to revise for this one (which is an AS retake) when they will have been loading my head with information about my A2 work on Monday and Tuesday?! So angry. Has anyone else's college given them a decent/ridiculous study leave?

Be glad, I don't have any study leave whatsoever :eek:
From what I here Critical thinking isn't much of a subject, then again I've not done it myself.

It's more of a subject at A2 - it actually has some content :wink:. I like it though - it teaches vey useful skills :smile:

100 times better than general studies :/
Reply 31
21st of May, but I'll have already done three exams by that time :angry:
It's more of a subject at A2 - it actually has some content :wink:. I like it though - it teaches vey useful skills :smile:

100 times better than general studies :/

Hmm useful skills, like? :/
What subjects are you doing atm, if you don't mind me asking?

Why the hell did you choose both critical thinking and general studies? :ekk:
Hmm useful skills, like? :/
What subjects are you doing atm, if you don't mind me asking?

Why the hell did you choose both critical thinking and general studies? :ekk:

Analysis of arguments, writing arguments, applying ethical theories, comparing argument strands, strengths and weaknesses, identifying flaws and fallacies etc..

Biology AS, Chemistry AS, Maths AS, Geography AS, EPQ, Critical Thinking A2 and General Studies AS.

We were forced to do the AS in critical thinking in yr 11, so I decided to continue it to A2 this year as I got high marks in the AS. And general studies we're forced to do as well :/
I go on study leave on the 25th May with my first exam on the 31st May which is quite nice, I feel very sorry for all you who don't get study leave at all for A2!
Analysis of arguments, writing arguments, applying ethical theories, comparing argument strands, strengths and weaknesses, identifying flaws and fallacies etc..

Biology AS, Chemistry AS, Maths AS, Geography AS, EPQ, Critical Thinking A2 and General Studies AS.

We were forced to do the AS in critical thinking in yr 11, so I decided to continue it to A2 this year as I got high marks in the AS. And general studies we're forced to do as well :/

That actually sounds pretty good. But more maths would beat critical thinking any time :biggrin:

Solid subjects you got; I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics btw.

You must go to some really good school, or have some very forceful teachers :frown:
That actually sounds pretty good. But more maths would beat critical thinking any time :biggrin:

Solid subjects you got; I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics btw.

You must go to some really good school, or have some very forceful teachers :frown:

Critical thinking is only an hour a week so its little effort! :wink:

Nice subjects!

Both :P the school is very good and gets amazing results... but they are also obsessed with critical thinking - we're a "thinking school" as well as a "modern and ancient languages" and "science school", so we're taught critical thinking from year 7 :P
Reply 37
28th May. My LAST exam is on the 23rd. :facepalm:
Reply 38
Not till half term :angry:
We don't get any. Well, our school is "allowing us" from 23rd May to not come in for our free periods (we always have to stay on school premises) but it is compulsory to attend all lessons up until half term. Which really doesn't help because I don't even get the pretend study leave "privilege" for my first exam in a week's time. Apparently we're the only school in London who don't get study leave because of our stupid new headteacher. Everybody has complained how we work best from home, yet they treat us like prisoners and make us come into school...

Quick Reply

Latest