The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology Unit 2 6BIO2 21st May 2012

Poll

How did you find it

I couldn't find another thread, so I made this one....

What do people think will come up?
Has anyone got a good revision guide?
Does anyone have a document for all the core practicals?

thankyou
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by abbas1994
I couldn't find another thread, so I made this one....

What do people think will come up?
Has anyone got a good revision guide?
Does anyone have a document for all the core practicals?

thankyou
:smile:

I can only start revising on Wednesday :| My teacher gave me a sheet with the core practicals and a revision guide which I condensed if you would like me to share them?
Reply 2
Original post by JJane
I can only start revising on Wednesday :| My teacher gave me a sheet with the core practicals and a revision guide which I condensed if you would like me to share them?

How come you can only start on Wednesday? :tongue:

And Yes please! :biggrin:
Thanks
Reply 3
How come you can only start on Wednesday? :tongue:

And Yes please! :biggrin:
Thanks

Well, I say can, I just had a Spanish exam today and I have English Literature on Wednesday so I've just been concentrating on them :frown: although I have been doing revision on and off since we started units 3 and 4 so I'm not too worried :smile: How is your revision going? I'm really surprised there isn't a thread on this exam already! For the unit 1 and 2 exam there was a huge thread ...
Reply 4
Original post by JJane
Well, I say can, I just had a Spanish exam today and I have English Literature on Wednesday so I've just been concentrating on them :frown: although I have been doing revision on and off since we started units 3 and 4 so I'm not too worried :smile: How is your revision going? I'm really surprised there isn't a thread on this exam already! For the unit 1 and 2 exam there was a huge thread ...

Thank You :biggrin: I gave you rep for that. It's going ok, I gone through CGP and the pink revision guide loads of times, done all the past papers just hope I get better than the D I got last time lol :P ikr, I'm surprised too
Reply 5
Original post by JJane

Sorry to just butt in like this :colondollar: (Hope you don't mind)

Took a look at your notes and they're really detailed and useful. I'm dreading this exam..
These notes will definitely be very helpful!

Thank you so much! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
I still don't understand anatomical, physiological and behavioural adaptations :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by SimpleGirl
Sorry to just butt in like this :colondollar: (Hope you don't mind)

Took a look at your notes and they're really detailed and useful. I'm dreading this exam..
These notes will definitely be very helpful!

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

You're welcome :smile: I'm glad! Me too, I still hate the explain/suggest/describe questions, and I know NOTHING on biodiversity etc. Better start revising...
Reply 8
Thank You :biggrin: I gave you rep for that. It's going ok, I gone through CGP and the pink revision guide loads of times, done all the past papers just hope I get better than the D I got last time lol :P ikr, I'm surprised too

Thanks :smile: I have the CGP revision guide, I've gone through a couple of past papers, but I'm not feeling confident at all! I think a lot of it is about understanding how the mark scheme works and learning common definitions and explanations such as mitosis stages from the mark scheme. Of course understanding everything helps too :wink:
Reply 9
panicking about this paper since the january one was really graph-filled so this one won't be....and i only got an A in jan for unit 1 cos i can analyse graphs... :s-smilie:
Original post by JJane
You're welcome :smile: I'm glad! Me too, I still hate the explain/suggest/describe questions, and I know NOTHING on biodiversity etc. Better start revising...

I spent the whole of today revising for this exam. Along with the textbook, revision guide and especially your notes, I feel so much more prepared now!
I mean, I'm not completely ready to do the exam right now but I no longer feel like I have no idea what's going on, so by Monday I'm hoping I'll be in a good position to do well on this paper :biggrin: (fingers crossed)

How's your revision for this going?

Thanks again for the notes! :tongue:
Reply 11
I spent the whole of today revising for this exam. Along with the textbook, revision guide and especially your notes, I feel so much more prepared now!
I mean, I'm not completely ready to do the exam right now but I no longer feel like I have no idea what's going on, so by Monday I'm hoping I'll be in a good position to do well on this paper :biggrin: (fingers crossed)

How's your revision for this going?

Thanks again for the notes! :tongue:

I'm really glad they helped :smile: I'm starting revision tonight and hopefully I'll be in a good position by Monday too, I revised quite a bit of plants a month ago but I've forgotten nearly everything I revised! I'm going to do a LOT of revision this weekend though. Have you got any other exams? I have chemistry on Wednesday which I am dreading so much.
Original post by JJane
I'm really glad they helped :smile: I'm starting revision tonight and hopefully I'll be in a good position by Monday too, I revised quite a bit of plants a month ago but I've forgotten nearly everything I revised! I'm going to do a LOT of revision this weekend though. Have you got any other exams? I have chemistry on Wednesday which I am dreading so much.

Yeah, I'd done some revision for this exam about a month ago too but I forgot most of it.
I have chemistry on Wednesday too! I do Salters B, so have the F332 paper. I had the first paper (F331) for chemistry yesterday and I don't think it went as well as I had hoped so I have to ace next Wednesday's paper! Pressure :frown:
Reply 13
Yeah, I'd done some revision for this exam about a month ago too but I forgot most of it.
I have chemistry on Wednesday too! I do Salters B, so have the F332 paper. I had the first paper (F331) for chemistry yesterday and I don't think it went as well as I had hoped so I have to ace next Wednesday's paper! Pressure :frown:

I do AQA Chem, I really want an A in this next exam but there are a tonne of equations and mechanisms to learn which I don't know yet. Did you do an ISA as part of your chemistry as? This next chem exam contributes more to the final grade than the others for me :/
Also sitting this exam :}

I hope it has more content than HSW
Revising for this exam now.

I've only done the 09 papers.
Will start the rest when I'm bothered :lol:
Original post by JJane
I do AQA Chem, I really want an A in this next exam but there are a tonne of equations and mechanisms to learn which I don't know yet.
Did you do an ISA as part of your chemistry as? This next chem exam contributes more to the final grade than the others for me :/

Just keep going over it and I'm sure you'll be fine :yy:
Yeah, I did. Don't know how I did on it though, we were never told.
Same with me, the chem paper on Wednesday contributes the most overall so I really need a high mark on it (getting an A would be great :colondollar:) so that I can average a good grade at the end.
I'm in year 13, by the way. I'm just resitting a few papers because last year was a complete disaster for me :frown:
This will actually be nothing compared to the stress I'll be going through next month when I sit my A2 exams :cry:
Reply 16
http://www.youtube.com/user/OCRBiologyAS although its OCR, has same things as in edexcel biology unit 2 so may help :smile:
Reply 17
Just keep going over it and I'm sure you'll be fine :yy:
Yeah, I did. Don't know how I did on it though, we were never told.
Same with me, the chem paper on Wednesday contributes the most overall so I really need a high mark on it (getting an A would be great :colondollar:) so that I can average a good grade at the end.
I'm in year 13, by the way. I'm just resitting a few papers because last year was a complete disaster for me :frown:
This will actually be nothing compared to the stress I'll be going through next month when I sit my A2 exams :cry:

I would love to get an A, I want to carry on with biology and chem at uni. I might be in your situation next year :/ I had a spanish speaking exam which, well, didn't exactly go great, and I'm scared I won't do well in this chemistry exam. I am terrified of A2 exams, they're a lot harder than AS I've heard? Good luck with your A2s!
Reply 18
URGENT HELP NEEDED:

can someone do a favor to upload the an 2012 paper please? deeply appreciated!

aaron
Reply 19
Original post by aaron720
URGENT HELP NEEDED:

can someone do a favor to upload the an 2012 paper please? deeply appreciated!

aaron

i think it's here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?418nynasohiaa

Quick Reply