The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I flirt with my best friend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, I'm getting there!
I don't know, I'm just so confused about everything! I don't want to hurt him, but then I don't want to make the wrong decision which would hurt him more in the long term :frown:

What happened? Are you still together?

Yep, a year and going strong :love:. Well would you be able to stand it if he went out with another girl? No harm in trying :rolleyes:
Original post by ilem
This thread does such an excellent job at reflecting the ambiguity of most male/female 'best friend' relationships, where the girl is utterly convinced about the boy just looking for friendship and having no ulterior motives whatsoever, while the boy is hopelessly in love with her but hides his feelings because revealing them would result in him no longer being able to get his fix of her.

Speaking from experience here!

Yeah it's painful when this happens, and then you wish you could rewind time.
Reply 62
Original post by Plums&Peaches
Yep, a year and going strong :love:. Well would you be able to stand it if he went out with another girl? No harm in trying :rolleyes:

Congratulations! :smile:
I wouldn't be able to tell unless it happened, if you know what I mean? I'd probably be upset, and definitely jealous, as I wouldn't be able to see/talk to him as much. I understand what you're saying about no harm in trying, but what if it went wrong? I never want to lose him :frown:
Congratulations! :smile:
I wouldn't be able to tell unless it happened, if you know what I mean? I'd probably be upset, and definitely jealous, as I wouldn't be able to see/talk to him as much. I understand what you're saying about no harm in trying, but what if it went wrong? I never want to lose him :frown:

Thanks :smile: Well that's what happened with me and my boyfriend, (Rob). We were best friends said I love you etc everything and one day he got me to admit I liked him and he admitted it too. But i was scared too and I told him that. Then he said the smartest thing ever. He said that there's no harm in trying because we can't go back to normal now anyway as we know there are feelings involved in this friendship, if it doesn't go right we'll be able to be friends. I guarantee it will go right, if not, you can still be friends. It won't ruin anything.

Being too scared isn't an excuse :rolleyes:
Original post by Dandaman9999
A moment of silence for our fallen compatriot.

Though the friend zone may have taken him, he will always remain in our hearts.
Original post by Callum828
Though the friend zone may have taken him, he will always remain in our hearts.

Indeed.
sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png
Reply 66
My best friend and I are, well, best friends. Neither of us feel anything more for the other, and we both like other people, however, we flirt quite a lot and tell each other we love each other (in a friend-type way). It's just that I'm a girl and he's a boy, and while I wouldn't even think about it with my friends who are girls, is this weird?

This:

He is obviously dying inside and wants you, when he says he loves you he really means it. When he says he likes other girls he's lying. He knows he's been friendzoned and being friends is the only way to maintain a relationship with you. Simple broscience really.

By virtue of the fact that you posted this you are either unsure about his feelings or somewhat less than certain about your own...Maybe you are both friends but I suspect that he secretely fancies the pants off you and you are in denial about your feelings for him.

Anyway, if you don't believe us then get really drunk with him (just him) and see what happens :rolleyes:

Edit: Yeah, just read the rest of the thread...We did try to warn you!
Unless you really aren't attracted to him at all I think you should give it a shot, you've let the genie out of the bottle now anyway, might as well have some fun with it :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by EsmeA
I wonder if it's ever possible to maintain a really close friendship between a girl and a boy without at least one developing feelings for the other?

It is possible, if, to be blunt, the guy thinks the girl is ugly.

If he thinks she's hot, then you're gonna have a bad time.
No, why? Who's that?

:rolleyes: Don't you worry yourself - though, if you don't know who imsoacademic is, you must be new here...
Reply 69
Original post by KingMessi
:rolleyes: Don't you worry yourself - though, if you don't know who imsoacademic is, you must be new here...

Well she/he has commented on a couple of my threads, but I've never actually had a conversation with them. I get the impression that a lot of people don't like this person?
Well she/he has commented on a couple of my threads, but I've never actually had a conversation with them. I get the impression that a lot of people don't like this person?

It's a she. Well, it seems so; I don't dislike her, I just find a lot of what she says misinformed, naive and a bit silly. And she was ranting on another thread about this kind of thing.
Reply 71

Honestly I don't think she even needs to be hot, as long as she isn't completely unattractive then it will happen.
Reply 72

He must think I'm hot then :wink:
Reply 73
He must think I'm hot then :wink:

...You've just realised this?
Reply 74
Original post by Josh93

haha yeah...
Original post by Josh93

This. :rolleyes:
Reply 76
haha yeah...

You don't seem displeased by the idea?
Reply 77
Original post by Josh93
You don't seem displeased by the idea?

Was that supposed to be a double negative or not? I'm slightly confused by what you're asking considering the context.
Reply 78
haha yeah...

Well, what are you going to do about it?

The ball is in your court. He's already made his move.
Was that supposed to be a double negative or not? I'm slightly confused by what you're asking considering the context.

Original post by SunderX
Well, what are you going to do about it?

The ball is in your court. He's already made his move.

:facepalm: OP. And agreed ^, you don't need to make a big deal, just go one way or the other. No need for the drama once he's already opened up to you :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending