The Student Room Group

anders behring breivik where to begin

i think this psychopath should be murdered he act as if his actions are justified "i was protecting the people of Norway".
His lawyers said he done this action for reasons of insanity, so they had 10 of the top mental health doctor check if he was sane or insane, 9/10 said that Anders Behring breivik was not insane therefore hes sane. But instead the court decided to go with the one doctor who said he was insane. He's not right in the head however, why should he be given solitary confinement its too good for him. In my opinion they should bring the death penalty just for this psychopath

Scroll to see replies

What would killing him achieve?
Reply 2
Murder shouldn't be an excuse for murder.
Reply 3
"Just for this psychopath" - if you support the death penalty for one person, then you support it for potentially any person.
Original post by narutorocks
In my opinion they should bring the death penalty just for this psychopath

Thankfully, they're not going to.
Original post by narutorocks
i think this psychopath should be murdered he act as if his actions are justified "i was protecting the people of Norway".
His lawyers said he done this action for reasons of insanity, so they had 10 of the top mental health doctor check if he was sane or insane, 9/10 said that Anders Behring breivik was not insane therefore hes sane. But instead the court decided to go with the one doctor who said he was insane. He's not right in the head however, why should he be given solitary confinement its too good for him. In my opinion they should bring the death penalty just for this psychopath

Good username :biggrin: , but capital punishment is wrong on many levels, if someone does something bad, we shouldn't stoop to their level and become uncivilized. It is hard to control our emotions, but we must to ensure innocent people aren't killed from CP.

I say let him rot in a prison, not like UK ones with TV's xbox360s and snooker and gym etc. None of that, just a crap cell.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
He's not a Muslim so it's less about being a terrorist and more about being "mentally ill".
Breivik needs mental help, not the death penalty.
Reply 8
How do you kill a man 69 times? You'd have to be pretty inventive to do an eye for an eye on this one :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by A.J10
How do you kill a man 69 times? You'd have to be pretty inventive to do an eye for an eye on this one :lol:

A Procrustean solution perhaps?
Reply 10
I think you should start with the title...
Reply 11
Original post by qua
Murder shouldn't be an excuse for murder.

Well Britain and America seem to think that killing 110 000 Iraqis and 80 000 Afghanistani's in response to 9/11 is 'justified', so why not apply the same logic to Breivik?

Oh, I forgot, Breivik isn't a Muslim, otherwise people like you would be bitch-screaming and calling him a 'terrorist' and asking for hs death.
Reply 12
Original post by Maxima
He's not a Muslim so it's less about being a terrorist and more about being "mentally ill".

True

When Muslims kill non Muslims ====terrorism
When Muslims kill western soldiers======terrorism
When Muslim countries spend on defence/military and don't lick western bums=====terrorist regimes
When non Muslims carry out massacres ala Breivik===They are 'insane[B/]'

When America kills Muslims in Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan including children every day===collateral damage

When American soldiers are caught on tape targeting civilians or are caught mass murdering civilians====collateral damage or they were suffering from PTSD

When America funded the mujahedeen terrorists to carry out terrorist attacks on soviets====lets pretend that didn't happen

When America targeted 150 000 civilians each in Nagasaki and Hiroshima====lets forget that

When America committed war crimes by sexual degradation and rape, torture and deliberate targeting of civilians in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam=====lets not mention that
Killing him wouldn't justify what he did.

On the other hand, spending the rest of his miserable life in prison would be!
Reply 14
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
What would killing him achieve?

Oxygen would be saved, CO2 emissions would decrease, food will be saved as he won't have to be fed, water will be saved as he won't have to drink or wash if he is dead.

Most importantly, justice will be achieved.

You would not be saying the same thing, if he slayed your mum or dad, brother or sister son or daughter or all of them so stop taking the moral high ground and stop being a goody two shoes.
Reply 15
Original post by jaadau121
True

When Muslims kill non Muslims ====terrorism
When Muslims kill western soldiers======terrorism
When Muslim countries spend on defence/military and don't lick western bums=====terrorist regimes
When non Muslims carry out massacres ala Breivik===They are 'insane[B/]'

When America kills Muslims in Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan including children every day===collateral damage

When American soldiers are caught on tape targeting civilians or are caught mass murdering civilians====collateral damage or they were suffering from PTSD

When America funded the mujahedeen terrorists to carry out terrorist attacks on soviets====lets pretend that didn't happen

When America targeted 150 000 civilians each in Nagasaki and Hiroshima====lets forget that

When America committed war crimes by sexual degradation and rape, torture and deliberate targeting of civilians in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam=====lets not mention that

Woah chill out dude, don't go all overboard on me lol.
Reply 16
Well Britain and America seem to think that killing 110 000 Iraqis and 80 000 Afghanistani's in response to 9/11 is 'justified', so why not apply the same logic to Breivik?

Oh, I forgot, Breivik isn't a Muslim, otherwise people like you would be bitch-screaming and calling him a 'terrorist' and asking for hs death.

Britain and America don't think that. You definitely can't argue that the public in the UK thinks that, and even if the government had ulterior motives other than the supposed WMDs, they wouldn't be "Lets go kill us some foreigners!".

You say that if Breivik was a Muslim, we'd be baying for his death. A lot of people are, in case you haven't noticed. The people who are saying he shouldn't be killed tend to be the same who say Abdelbaset al-Megrahi shouldn't be deported.
Reply 17

I'm neither British nor American, I've never been in favour of Iraq or Afghanistan, I am aware that the term Muslim does not imply terrorist and vice versa, and I categorically reject the death penalty. So what are "people like me"?
(edited 9 years ago)
Oxygen would be saved, CO2 emissions would decrease, food will be saved as he won't have to be fed, water will be saved as he won't have to drink or wash if he is dead.
It would cost much more to overturn the masses of legal framework to execute him that it costs to keep him alive.

Most importantly, justice will be achieved.
I do not regard that as justice - I regard that has reactionary revenge. Killing him won't bring back the people he killed, nor will it benefit their families in any way. Certainly if I were to die, I would not want my death to spark further death. I cannot speak on their behalf, but I doubt I am completely alone.

You would not be saying the same thing, if he slayed your mum or dad, brother or sister son or daughter or all of them so stop taking the moral high ground and stop being a goody two shoes.

This remains to be seen. Fortunately, my parents are alive and I have no siblings , so there is no real way of telling. However, it perturbs me that policy decisions should be based off periods of extreme emotional pressure and sensitivity. Bereavements do not bring out the best in people, and the legal system cannot assume the role of "loved one" to everyone that was murdered - it would result in disproportionate sentences and inconsistency with legal precedents.

Good point, murder is only murder if it's not government-sponsored.

Quick Reply

Latest