The Student Room Group

Jessica Ennis postbox vandalised

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"Go Jess" is hardly that friggin' bad. Paint over it and move on, it doesn't need to make national news.
It's already been painted over!
Reply 3
Original post by Liam6993
"Go Jess" is hardly that friggin' bad. Paint over it and move on, it doesn't need to make national news.

That's exactly what I thought. When I saw the title, I expected to see something like the tweets Tom Daley was getting wrote on there, or someone tried to set it on fire or something like that, not what looks like a message of support :tongue:
"Go Jess", it isn't really that bad it was a message of support by a fan, rather than a mindless act of vandalism by a thug as the tone of the article implies. Repaint it yes, but not report it in the news.
Reply 5
So has Murray's apparently...
I seen this article this morning, and the caption under the picture said:

"A Royal Mail engineer applied a new layer of gold paint to the postbox"

As an engineer (a real engineer...) I was dismayed. But at least they have noticed their error (or had it pointed out to them) and changed it to "employee".
Reply 7
one person who saw the graffiti said; .....

Why couldn't I be that one person? I'd tell bbc to chill out and stop being stupid
"Go Jess" is more a message of support than vandalism :tongue: Thought it was a bit of a ridiculous news story myself.
Reply 9
No. I have absolutely no thoughts on this.
Reply 10
Original post by hamijack
No. I have absolutely no thoughts on this.

Your avatar was literally the face I made it at this thread.
they should have put something like "also available in red LOL" to get this story newsworthy
i'd vandalise her ennis
Couple of things:

1. The postbox was not gold. It was gold-coloured.
2. It is not, has not been, and never will be owned by Jessica Ennis.
3. It could hardly be called vandalism, as vandalism is almost intrinsically ruinous, derisory, or downright vulgar. 'Go Jess' could not be said to be any of those.
4. Who gives a ****?
Did they use brushes (the one the guy in the picture is holding) that size when painting the entire postbox? :confused:
Reply 15
As other's have said, just repaint it and move on. It's not like it was malicious.
The only thing that could come of making this news is encouraging others do something like this.
Reply 16
Original post by AeroLB
So has Murray's apparently...

Yeah, well the one in Edinburgh has.
Reply 17
I believe this is relevant

[video="youtube;A4VbOHvaPRc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc[/video]
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
it was a message of support by a fan, rather than a mindless act of vandalism

I'm thinking it was both :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by philistine
Couple of things:

1. The postbox was not gold. It was gold-coloured.
2. It is not, has not been, and never will be owned by Jessica Ennis.
3. It could hardly be called vandalism, as vandalism is almost intrinsically ruinous, derisory, or downright vulgar. 'Go Jess' could not be said to be any of those.
4. Who gives a ****?

1. Thanks detective.
2. Irrelevant.
3. So lets suppose someone scratched "Go <insert your name here>" on the surface of your brand-new car. That would be okay with you? And before you tell me that you can't compare a postbox with a car, well, in this context you can. No one should be writing any unwanted messages on properties or objects that don't belong to them.
4. The people rightfully concerned about unauthorised messages appearing on their stuff give a ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending