The Student Room Group

General A level History help (OLD SPEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
anyone doing USA 1865-1920? any predictions on questions?
Reply 221
Anybody doing CCEA liberalism and nationalism A2? Looking for any new perspectives/ view-points on possible questions.
Anyone doing industrialisation? Wondering if anyone has any resources I could look at since my teacher is unhelpful as hell
Reply 223
anyone doing cold war for history 9389 paper 3??
Is there anyone who is doing Russian history as part of their coursework and has a few essay questions?
Because apparently we cannot use the example question given by the exam board :?
Original post by tashachelsea13
Is there anyone who is doing Russian history as part of their coursework and has a few essay questions?
Because apparently we cannot use the example question given by the exam board :?

How do you know we can't use the example questions?
Original post by mathcon
How do you know we can't use the example questions?

Sorry I double checked with my teacher and using the example questions was fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey guys, does anyone here have advice regarding the new source question in the paper 3 edexcel paper?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
Hey guys, does anyone here have advice regarding the new source question in the paper 3 edexcel paper?

P.S.

Sorry just wanted to reply so if anyone does have any advice I'll know too :redface: I think my class is going through it after Christmas; if my teacher gives me any good advice I'll pass it on. Until then I'm as stuck as you are tbh XD

which topics are you doing?
Anyone doing New Spec Edexcel history?
South Africa
USA
British Depth Study
Russian Coursework ?
If so has anybody found a revision guide as i am struggling to find one for South Africa and the USA
Original post by cdog123
Anyone doing New Spec Edexcel history?
South Africa
USA
British Depth Study
Russian Coursework ?
If so has anybody found a revision guide as i am struggling to find one for South Africa and the USA

I'm doing Russian Coursework.... If you want to help eachother out... im cool with it
Original post by Hurbad
I'm doing Russian Coursework.... If you want to help eachother out... im cool with it

I am all for that, however, i have managed to complete mine and it is currently being marked by my teacher, i will let you know what i get it back. However, are you struggling with South Africa and the USA as recently found there is no revison guide being released until May :frown:
Original post by cdog123
I am all for that, however, i have managed to complete mine and it is currently being marked by my teacher, i will let you know what i get it back. However, are you struggling with South Africa and the USA as recently found there is no revison guide being released until May :frown:

USA & SA are a bit of an odd choice, normally schools do Germany, UK, or any other well known historical events? not saying that the SA apartheid or USA struggle for independence isnt significant...

If you dont mind me asking , what questions did you do for the russian coursework ?
Original post by Hurbad
USA & SA are a bit of an odd choice, normally schools do Germany, UK, or any other well known historical events? not saying that the SA apartheid or USA struggle for independence isnt significant...

If you dont mind me asking , what questions did you do for the russian coursework ?

The question was how important was the Russian Revolution 1917
Original post by cdog123
The question was how important was the Russian Revolution 1917

Ah that's interesting , I'm doing " to what extent was Stalin the most successful leader of Russia (1884-1991).

I suppose its kinda close ?
Original post by Ruthie2267
Sorry just wanted to reply so if anyone does have any advice I'll know too :redface: I think my class is going through it after Christmas; if my teacher gives me any good advice I'll pass it on. Until then I'm as stuck as you are tbh XD

which topics are you doing?

Hey, sorry bout the late reply, I just found the notification a few minutes ago. 😅

I'm doing Germany for Breadth, Spain for Depth, Parliamentary Britain for the Breadth w/h depth and Cold War for Coursework. What about you?

P.S.

Original post by Firenze26
Hey, sorry bout the late reply, I just found the notification a few minutes ago. 😅

I'm doing Germany for Breadth, Spain for Depth, Parliamentary Britain for the Breadth w/h depth and Cold War for Coursework. What about you?

P.S.

Don't worry about it! (and horrible grammar? What horrible grammar? :biggrin: )

Ooh so you have quite a few modern papers then? (I'm assuming that Germany and Spain are modern but they could be medieval for all I know :wink: ). I'm doing Stuart Britain + the Glorious Revolution for the interpretations paper (so sort of the beginning of parliamentary Britain 😉), the Russian Revolution for paper 2, then early modern witchcrazes in Europe and North America for paper 3 (the depth + breadth one). Plus Nazi Germany for coursework 😁

I got given a source comprehension help sheet today (legit the first lesson we've had on sources 🙄) it's based on the witchcrazes but I can post it if it might be of any help to you? 😂
Original post by Hurbad
Ah that's interesting , I'm doing " to what extent was Stalin the most successful leader of Russia (1884-1991).

I suppose its kinda close ?

What is the other topics you are studying ?
Original post by Ruthie2267
Don't worry about it! (and horrible grammar? What horrible grammar? :biggrin: )

Ooh so you have quite a few modern papers then? (I'm assuming that Germany and Spain are modern but they could be medieval for all I know :wink: ). I'm doing Stuart Britain + the Glorious Revolution for the interpretations paper (so sort of the beginning of parliamentary Britain 😉), the Russian Revolution for paper 2, then early modern witchcrazes in Europe and North America for paper 3 (the depth + breadth one). Plus Nazi Germany for coursework 😁

I got given a source comprehension help sheet today (legit the first lesson we've had on sources 🙄) it's based on the witchcrazes but I can post it if it might be of any help to you? 😂

Yup, all of them are actually modern or at least relatively modern. The earliest one (Britain) starts at around 1780 while the latest ones are around 1989 (Germany) although some evidence comes from years as recent as 2001.

No way, haha, at least I finally know someone who somewhat does Britain 😂. Those are actually really interesting topics especially the witch craze one. Have you guys started on Salem yet or are you guys still in Europe?

We do our interpretation of sources about the Nazi foreign policy and its relation to the outbreak of WW2. Are you guys doing something similar for the coursework?

Help sheet? That's great, I just need some general advice anyway especially with my mock on monday. I'm kinda getting confused between all the source questions 😅. Thanks

P.S.

Does anyone have witchcraft notes for the new specification that I could combine with my own? It would of great help!!

Quick Reply