The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Candide by Voltaire
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Time Shifters series by Shanna Lauffey.

I just read episode 7 and it keeps getting better and better!
The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath!!
Game of Thrones books
split second by David baldacci
Sci-fi short story, Climate Fever, by Teddy Storm. Really like the images and messages.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43294454-climate-fever

Also, Edgar Allen Poe tales, such as Murder at Rue Morgue.
Original post by Phalanges
From even a cursory glance around the forum, it seems that we are awash with threads asking what everyones favourite book is or recommendations of what they should read. The problem with having lots of these threads is that they inevitably lead to a lot of repetition, and many people won't want to be constantly be posting in them to give advice. As such, I'm creating this thread to act as a repository for all the little threads around. You can browse it to see all the books recommended before, or make a post asking for recommendations and someone will be happy to provide some examples.

If you see any threads on this topic, please report them and I'll merge them with this.

Some recommendations from Ape Gone Insane:

You're right, I've literally been recommending the same two stories (because I think that they are great and everyone should read them hehe) and seeing the same names in all the threads.

To be fair though, Climate Fever has only just come out, so I doubt many people will have heard of it/read it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43294454-climate-fever
Original post by Johnatan5
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Candide by Voltaire
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Two of those I have read too now (black) and the other two ones I intend to read (red). You have a good taste.

My recommendation: the good earth by Pearl S. Buck. Like her expressive writing which catches the moods and feelings of the characters in particular.
War of the Worlds by H G Wells
Recently read and I now recommend Miss Lonelyhearts and Day of the Locust, two short stories by Nathanael West. He has a rather unique way of writing dialogue and his expressive vocabulary and imagery really captures the mind.

Another book would be The Stranger by Albert Camus. It's one of my favourites, as it's just so strange. It was unlike anything I've read prior.
Original post by grassntai
Good LGBT book suggestions?

Good Asian-British authors? Or any Asian author in general?

The go-to Asian author right now would be the Japanese author Haruki Murakami, with 1Q84, Norwegian Wood, and The Wind-up Bird Chronicle being some acclaimed titles. Korean author Shin Kyung-sook is another one. Been wanting to read her books; seem like they're good.

Quick Reply