The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tech10
Oh good I wrote that! :P Guessed... but it was 2 marks wasn't it? What do you reckon the Grade boundary for an A* will be?

What I've heard is that it's the same across all sciences (biology, chemistry and physics) and they're around 42-5/ 60 for an a* I believe.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by QuantumSuicide
And why should John (I think thats his name) brew the alcohol at 25 degrees?
Who was correct about 30 degrees being the best temperature? Explain why?

Because he doesn't have to remove the product (carbon dioxide) as often which is more convenient. I'm not sure who was correct I put the guy but my friends put the girl because they didnt test 35 degrees or something so Im not sure :frown:
Original post by tech10
Oh good I wrote that! :P Guessed... but it was 2 marks wasn't it? What do you reckon the Grade boundary for an A* will be?

i think it's around 46/60 for an a* :smile:
Reply 203
any chance of an unofficial mark scheme?
And i reckon it'll be 45 for an a*. I've seen it be about 42 but sometimes it's like 48 this paper was somewhere in the middle so hopefully it'll reflect that! Think i've done OK but got the vinegar one wrong :/
Someone be a dear and post an unofficial mark scheme.
Stop worrying about this exam. It's gone, it's over. No one will post a mark scheme. Move on.

Original post by QuantumSuicide
Stop worrying about this exam. It's gone, it's over. No one will post a mark scheme. Move on.

No. I need an unofficial mark scheme!!!
For the kidney question I put, there would be more release of ADH, therefore more water will be reabsorbed by the kindey as it increases permeability of the tubules and it would make the blood more dilute.:eek: I didn't write about urine prodcution...would I still get the 3 marks? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending