The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Naismith. The Scottish Muller.
Every time I watch the last 10 mins of an Everton match, bad things happen.
Two defeats in three now, and despite Lukaku's free scoring and prolific nature in front of goal this season, you simply can't manage to hold onto a lead. Mind you, you were desperately unlucky with that penalty decision.
Would Everton fans take Rafa Benitez as their manager? :colondollar:
No.
Scenes when a 38-year-old Distin outpaces Lennon.
Martinez's Everton have allowed 1,132 shots on goal this season including 117 in their last 5 games.
What does everyone think about Koeman? I think it'll be good as long as he uses the money to sign world-class/ top class players, not just signing Southampton players
Koeman is a shrewd appointment for Everton - but I question his decision, to be honest. They are a tough side to move to, especially when he's shown such talent at Southampton. You imagine they'll lose Stones and Barkley sooner rather than later, and the whole club needs to a restructuring to allow Koeman to taste some success to be honest.
Original post by Mackay
Koeman is a shrewd appointment for Everton - but I question his decision, to be honest. They are a tough side to move to, especially when he's shown such talent at Southampton. You imagine they'll lose Stones and Barkley sooner rather than later, and the whole club needs to a restructuring to allow Koeman to taste some success to be honest.

Short term it's obviously a step down, but from a long term perspective it's a good choice as he's probably got the Arsenal/Barcelona job in his eyes. The issue for him is that Southampton clearly don't have any ambition, it must be massively frustrating to sell all their best players when they have the resources to keep hold of them. Their net spend over the last four seasons is £44m, which is about a third of what it could/should be and their wage budget is like the the 14th in the country

Everton on the other hand have recently been bankrolled by a billionaire who will give him £60m+ to spend in this window where he will have full control of transfers in contrast to at Soton. I imagine that Southampton won't have promised him much money going forward either.

I don't really think Stones and Barkley are that great either. They're just overhyped young British players who will likely fetch at treble the cost of better replacements.
Smart move by Everton. I will be surprised if Everton manage to get somone else as good. They are stuck on a limiyed budget and Koeman obviously felt frustrated as they didnt have the resources or ambition to go further. The owner should sell. I am surprised koeman went because he made a big show of being a man of his word and seeing out his contract.. Southampton underestimated him. Everton would be a good waiting room for a few years on double money until the Arsemal or Barcelona job becomes available. This season everyone is spending big and who they cnat beat they will just buy out.

Quick Reply

Latest