The Student Room Group

The Waitrose Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neal95
hey veryone, I get this message cpming upThank you for your recent application for the role of Supermarket Assistant, Nights.We now invite you to complete the next part of the application process. Please log back into the communication centre as soon as you can and follow the instructions. Kind regardshowever I have not received any other correspondence in the communication centre yet. should I have received tests yet? the job opening closes tomorrow if that means anything

I'd log back on and have another look under the section where your current application is. Maybe wait a day or two.

If you really can't find it you can always phone them and ask from there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EricAteYou
I'd log back on and have another look under the section where your current application is. Maybe wait a day or two.

If you really can't find it you can always phone them and ask from there.

Thanks, it's been like that since Tuesday.... I think what I will do is wait until the job posting closes (tommorow) and then if nothing happens I will give them a email. Is the interview layout the same for a night shift position or is it a 1-1?
Reply 582
Hi, I worked in Waitrose for 10 months, finishing in December 2015. I have an interview for a new job but they require a reference. Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with Waitrose about supplying a reference? Also will it matter that I haven't worked there for almost 8 months? Thanks
Reply 583
Hi, I worked in Waitrose for 10 months, finishing in December 2015. I've got an interview for a new job but they want a reference. Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with Waitrose to ask them about supplying a reference? Also will it matter that I haven't worked there for almost 8 months? Thanks
Original post by neal95
Thanks, it's been like that since Tuesday.... I think what I will do is wait until the job posting closes (tommorow) and then if nothing happens I will give them a email. Is the interview layout the same for a night shift position or is it a 1-1?

Look under review status in the jlp jobs website, it will have changed from application received
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by magicpandas
Look under review status in the jlp jobs website, it will have changed from application received

It still says application received
I work nights part time (contracted Saturday, Sunday, Monday) which happens to be the days Christmas falls on this year (Saturday is Christmas eve; then both Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays-Monday for boxing day and Tuesday in lieu of Christmas day as it's on a Sunday), and was wondering if anyone had an idea about what days I can expect to be regular working days.

I have plans to be away for Christmas but I know getting holiday time over Christmas is particularly tricky (which is why I want to get my request in ASAP), so it would be helpful to know how much I would actually be asking to miss. Can I assume we won't be working the 24th (which is the Saturday) as we will be closed the 25th? And almost certainly won't be expected to work the 25th? So does that just leave boxing day?

What about New Years?

I know it might all vary by store but just to get some general ideas would be a big help-I worked at another branch last year, but we were originally only contracted up to the 24th and I already had a holiday booked over Christmas, so I was not there the entire period until beginning of Jan, so I don't even have the vaguest idea when they're not open and when that usually means no night shift.
Reply 587
I recently just got the job at Waitrose, will I get a premium for working over time, it says Hours above FTE 1.0 "Single time 1.0" on partner link?

Also, my position is temporary and finished January, so will I get a name badge? And still be applicable for discount? Plus what is the chance they'll keep me on?

Lastly, i got my start date but there is no time, what do I do?
Original post by bod247
I recently just got the job at Waitrose, will I get a premium for working over time, it says Hours above FTE 1.0 "Single time 1.0" on partner link?

Also, my position is temporary and finished January, so will I get a name badge? And still be applicable for discount? Plus what is the chance they'll keep me on?

Hi,

Premium payments for OT over 39 hours have stopped since 1st Feb for any new contracts, so you will not receive any form of premium payment all hours you work on any day inc bank holidays and Sunday's will be at flat rate.

You will receive a full uniform including a name badge but these take a while to come through.

On your first day go in at your contracted time unless told otherwise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bod247

It should say on partner link "contracted hours"
Original post by ringring123
Just been given a job as a out of hours replenishment assistant! What is the uniform which has to be worn?

Same! Ive recently been offered a temporary role in replenishment, but idk if they'll keep me on afterwards.
I'm sure this question has been asked before but how do transfers work? As I don't know where I'll be until results day I haven't mentioned it to my line managers but is it easy to get a transfer to a different branch or from Waitrose to John Lewis? The partnership is such an amazing place to be and I really don't want to have to leave it with uni
Reply 592
Original post by heidigirl
I work nights part time (contracted Saturday, Sunday, Monday) which happens to be the days Christmas falls on this year (Saturday is Christmas eve; then both Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays-Monday for boxing day and Tuesday in lieu of Christmas day as it's on a Sunday), and was wondering if anyone had an idea about what days I can expect to be regular working days.

I have plans to be away for Christmas but I know getting holiday time over Christmas is particularly tricky (which is why I want to get my request in ASAP), so it would be helpful to know how much I would actually be asking to miss. Can I assume we won't be working the 24th (which is the Saturday) as we will be closed the 25th? And almost certainly won't be expected to work the 25th? So does that just leave boxing day?

What about New Years?

I know it might all vary by store but just to get some general ideas would be a big help-I worked at another branch last year, but we were originally only contracted up to the 24th and I already had a holiday booked over Christmas, so I was not there the entire period until beginning of Jan, so I don't even have the vaguest idea when they're not open and when that usually means no night shift.

I would guess you would be off the 24th and the 25th, you would be back to work the day after but wouldn't start until midnight? I'd guess the same with New Years. you'd be off the 31st, and start at midnight the day after.

The easiest way to clarify is to ask your manager though, it's not too early for them to be thinking about this.
Has anyone else been told if and when their contract gets extended they have to do a minimum of twenty hours?

I'm going to have to leave now - with school it's just not possible for me.
Reply 594
Original post by Toby007
I'm sure this question has been asked before but how do transfers work? As I don't know where I'll be until results day I haven't mentioned it to my line managers but is it easy to get a transfer to a different branch or from Waitrose to John Lewis? The partnership is such an amazing place to be and I really don't want to have to leave it with uni

You'd have to contact both branches near your uni choices from now as everyone who's going uni will want a transfer, I tried last year but some branches only take permanent transfers not student ones so good luck.
Anyone know how to request a transfer? I'd like to transfer to the Waitrose near Brighton, particularly the one near University of Sussex as i'm going there. Cheers
Is there another discount card you get after being with the Partnership for a year?
Got an email from the partnership telling me that the resource team are currently screening applications and will be in with people for interview/group assessment
Reply 598
Original post by Hefty11
Anyone know how to request a transfer? I'd like to transfer to the Waitrose near Brighton, particularly the one near University of Sussex as i'm going there. Cheers

Contact the branch you wish to work at asking for a student transfer.
Hi Everyone,
I've just been offered a 'group assessment' for a Temporary Part Time customer assistant role at Waitrose.
Any tips on what to wear/questions to prepare for?Cheers for any suggestions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending