The Student Room Group

Pharm Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
And @Sooliga - this one you should join
Original post by Raghad sous
Hi! is anyone studying pharmacy at Manchester ?

Graduated from Manchester. You a student/wanting to study?
Reply 722
Original post by Ordo
Hi Im hoping to go to Kingston University to study pharmacy this Sep. :smile:
I was wondering what it is like at first year thanks!

Sweet! not going to sugar coat it, nothing like Alevel everything was brand new - so my best advice pick up your chemistry book and start to read it! ha, don't get me wrong it is enjoyable but challenging (what isn't!). One great aspect, we get to go to St George's for some our lectures which is really useful!

Reply 723
Original post by Gav107
Sweet! not going to sugar coat it, nothing like Alevel everything was brand new - so my best advice pick up your chemistry book and start to read it! ha, don't get me wrong it is enjoyable but challenging (what isn't!). One great aspect, we get to go to St George's for some our lectures which is really useful!

Thanks i forgot most of chem stuff now I will look through revision notes. I have to wait on results day if I didnt get BBC, then im hoping to go on foundation year. :smile:
Do you know anyone who doing foundation pharmacy? My friend @Sooliga will be starting in Sep.
Hi Ordo :smile:
Good luck in your application fingers crossed we see you in September!

Emily
Student ambassador
Hey guys, I am going to start Pharmacy this Sept!

How's first year, any tips ? :h:
I will be starting first year as well. My main worry is the mathematical test in the first term where I have to pass >70%
Original post by chinadollfalls
I will be starting first year as well. My main worry is the mathematical test in the first term where I have to pass >70%

Don't worry, it'll be very easy stuff with GCSE-level skills.
Original post by thegodofgod
Don't worry, it'll be very easy stuff with GCSE-level skills.

My problem is the type of maths it's likely to be (dilusions, concentrations, doses etc) are actually the parts of maths that I'm weakest at (Did AS Maths got an A, always struggled with measurements type stuff) and have tried to avoid for years now I'm afraid I will struggle a lot :frown: like I find it so hard as well as those PPM stuff in chem ugh
Original post by chinadollfalls
My problem is the type of maths it's likely to be (dilusions, concentrations, doses etc) are actually the parts of maths that I'm weakest at (Did AS Maths got an A, always struggled with measurements type stuff) and have tried to avoid for years now I'm afraid I will struggle a lot :frown: like I find it so hard as well as those PPM stuff in chem ugh

If it's a weak area, work on it the most - your lecturers won't just spring the exam on you, they'll give you lectures, practice questions, extra resources etc. - then it's all up to you.
Original post by thegodofgod
If it's a weak area, work on it the most - your lecturers won't just spring the exam on you, they'll give you lectures, practice questions, extra resources etc. - then it's all up to you.

Tbh it's true. I mean if I didn't ignore/avoid it all these years I would have been good at it by now.
Hey guys, this might sound ridiculous but I'm hoping to study pharmacy at uni next year and I was wondering what this pre reg thing is ?! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending