The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

I was asking a few of my friends at school what they were planning on doing after we finish our gcse exams and then go on study leave...then the summer holidays
Everyone seemed to be doing something interesting
Going to summer classes
Going to New York (lucky them...)
And going here and there...whilst some of them are just going to sit around and wait for their results to come out...

But anyway,
what are you guys planning on doing this Summer? XD

Scroll to see replies

I'm off to visit relatives in France.
I don't get to go on those holidays away :frown: but i tend to just go out a lot with friends, cinemas, shopping and stuff. Also because my parents are separated i go out for the day with my dad to theme parks, maybe even france to do some shopping :smile: But i am hoping to have a summer job to earn some money. Luckily for me i can find my Aslevel results online so i don't have to make sure i am home, :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by barnetlad
I'm off to visit relatives in France.

Well lucky you xD
Where about in france?

Original post by KellySapphire
I don't get to go on those holidays away :frown: but i tend to just go out a lot with friends, cinemas, shopping and stuff. Also because my parents are separated i go out for the day with my dad to theme parks, maybe even france to do some shopping :smile: But i am hoping to have a summer job to earn some money. Luckily for me i can find my Aslevel results online so i don't have to make sure i am home, :smile:

LOL! Bless.
You're lucky that your friends are staying though and probably not many of them are going on holiday xD
GO TO THORPE PARK XD

- Loads of people are going to France...WTH XD
What type of summer job are you looking for?
And edexcel? :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
3 day cruise on the Ventura, and ten day girly holiday in Tenerife. We're all recently single so it is so needed! Can't wait! :smile:

Other than that, work work work. :frown:
France, maybe for a month if my cousin goes to Argenton with me, otherwise just for a couple of weeks, and then I'll meet my parents in Holland to see relatives. If I get into UCU I'll probably stay with my cousins or grandmother for a month until the end of August instead of just going for a week or so. Spend days on the lake in a boat with a book and a kroket sandwich :biggrin:
Reply 6
im getting visits from my mother and 2 friends.. and hopefully some others
going home for a long weekend for my 21st
ending my ra and moving back home
going to turkey :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Samz
and ten day girly holiday in Tenerife. We're all recently single so it is so needed! Can't wait! :smile: (

I was a rep in Tenerife last summer :biggrin:

Going to India, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this summer, cant wait!
Reply 8
Working for my dad! :eek: I guess I already am on a big holiday as I'm on my year abroad! Funny thing is I'm hate it :frown: Cannot wait until I'm back! :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing a bit of travelling in thailand, and going to see some family in Australia. In between i'll be working, visiting friends here and there, reading, spending time with my nieces and nephews etc. Oh i'm also going to a couple of music festivals. Then back to Uni in september!
At weekends I'll hopefully be doing some face painting at a nearby RSPB site where my boyfriend volunteers and his parents work, in the weeks... chilling out, hopefully spending time with my boyfriend, getting ready to start uni and going down the beach a lot if it's sunny! I love living on the coast :awesome: oh and hopefully going to climb Snowdon with my boyfriend this summer too. Kicking it all off by going on holiday for a week for my 18th birthday with family and boyfriend which should be awesome :gah:
Reply 11
Original post by Joel232
I was a rep in Tenerife last summer :biggrin:

Eeek whats it like? I've never been there before, so excited for some fun :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Samz
Eeek whats it like? I've never been there before, so excited for some fun :biggrin:

Will pm' you about good bars, how to get cheap drinks etc :smile:
Original post by senator88
I'm doing a bit of travelling in thailand, and going to see some family in Australia. In between i'll be working, visiting friends here and there, reading, spending time with my nieces and nephews etc. Oh i'm also going to a couple of music festivals. Then back to Uni in september!

I WANT TO GO TOO XD
Which Music festivals are you going to?

Original post by Samz
3 day cruise on the Ventura, and ten day girly holiday in Tenerife. We're all recently single so it is so needed! Can't wait! :smile:

Other than that, work work work. :frown:

CRUISE?!
Where does the cruise start from?
I am moving to Germany in the beginning of June so my summer will be general Au pairing aka taking care of the kids, just getting over culture shock and travelling all around Germany.
Hopefully visiting UK in the end of the summer to see some friends.
Reply 15
I'm going to Berlin for three days for my 21st birthday present.

Other than that, job hunting probably.
Original post by nataliekwong
Well lucky you xD
LOL! Bless.
You're lucky that your friends are staying though and probably not many of them are going on holiday xD
GO TO THORPE PARK XD

- Loads of people are going to France...WTH XD
What type of summer job are you looking for?
And edexcel? :biggrin:

yeah, well france is close and you can actually spend a whole day there shopping and be back in time for dinner :P haha, and yeah totally considering thorpe park :smile:
Maybe another retail job, i had one last year so at least i have experience this time :smile: and for finding my results online its goes on my college site, i guess it would be difficult if they had to give all 2,000 (or so) of us our results on paper, :biggrin:
I'm going on a huge euro-trip with a bunch of my friends. Starting in Switzerland, then Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany (Berlin-Hamburg-Frankfurt) and finally the Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Original post by KellySapphire
yeah, well france is close and you can actually spend a whole day there shopping and be back in time for dinner :P haha, and yeah totally considering thorpe park :smile:
Maybe another retail job, i had one last year so at least i have experience this time :smile: and for finding my results online its goes on my college site, i guess it would be difficult if they had to give all 2,000 (or so) of us our results on paper, :biggrin:

LOL! So true!
Another retail job? What did you do beforehand?
I wish I did all my exams on edexcel so that I wouldn't have to go to school to collect the results...its so long and pointless!

Original post by Dux_Helvetica
I'm going on a huge euro-trip with a bunch of my friends. Starting in Switzerland, then Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany (Berlin-Hamburg-Frankfurt) and finally the Netherlands (Amsterdam)

WOW.
That must have been expensive!
Areyou guys going by Train?
- Going to Amsterdam with my boyfriend.
- Going on a road trip to France with 3 friends.
- My birthday :biggrin: So partying.
- Job hunting :frown:
- Qualify as a football referee.
- Sort out my Gap Year more. If it all sorted then I can book my flights.
- Revise for my UKCAT again and start re-writing my personal statement (yaaaay).

Quick Reply