The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Akshatdoshi
Hey guys, i have a question. I hold an offer from WMG- msc in management in business excellence and also in msc in management in Manchester business school. I am confused on which one to accept? can u guys please help

You're in a Warwick thread.

Go figure...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Bea492
Yayyy! I've just firmed for Law and I'm currently on a gap year too :smile: how've you found your years out?

Definitely up for making friends on here before I go :smile:

I'm going to firm Warwick for Law too! (the M101)
Reply 42
Original post by summerlovin'
I'm going to firm Warwick for Law too! (the M101)

Yay! You should join the Facebook group :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by eeebee
Yeah definitely agree with you on that! I would have loved to have visited Ayers Rock, everybody I met that went there said it was amazing but I don't think I would have enjoyed the heat, Cairns was bad enough at 35 degrees! Thailand will be cool, I've been recommended to go there by so many people! I know how you feel about the loan though, I'll be getting the minimum which I think is about 3000 and a bit isn't it? So yeah my parents have no choice but to help me haha!

Ah Law will be something new for you to get into then, that'll be nice to have a fresh start after being out of studying for a bit! Haha I'll let him know! Where else did you apply to? Was Warwick one of your first choices or not?

Also my friend at Warwick said Bluebell doesn't feel homely and that there isn't really a sense of community there so I don't think you'll be missing out! :smile:

Yeah it was great but 3 hour treks in that heat was an experience! Yeah hopefully I can save enough for Uni and Thailand but not sure if I'll manage to yet :/ would be amazing to do that just before starting Warwick though :biggrin:

Yeah it will be brand new so exciting! I really liked all my choices but it was realistically my 3rd choice (rejected by Oxford after interview and UCL). UCL was a blessing in disguise though as I don't think I could afford to live in London! My other offers were Nottingham and Bristol. You?
Yeah it's about £3,500 so I'm pretty much destitute lol! Pre drinking the cheapest alcohol I can find on all nights out I reckon! May be a few weeks of living on bread for extra nights out too :wink:

Yeah I'm sure I'll survive without a double bed :wink: I really hope I get a community feel though! Where are you thinking of applying?
Original post by Bea492
Yeah it was great but 3 hour treks in that heat was an experience! Yeah hopefully I can save enough for Uni and Thailand but not sure if I'll manage to yet :/ would be amazing to do that just before starting Warwick though :biggrin:

Yeah it will be brand new so exciting! I really liked all my choices but it was realistically my 3rd choice (rejected by Oxford after interview and UCL). UCL was a blessing in disguise though as I don't think I could afford to live in London! My other offers were Nottingham and Bristol. You?
Yeah it's about £3,500 so I'm pretty much destitute lol! Pre drinking the cheapest alcohol I can find on all nights out I reckon! May be a few weeks of living on bread for extra nights out too :wink:

Yeah I'm sure I'll survive without a double bed :wink: I really hope I get a community feel though! Where are you thinking of applying?

Well I hope you manage to save enough! Where do you work? I've started applying for jobs seeing as I'll be home in a month but really don't know if I'll find much!

Yeah cant wait, well Warwick was one of my first choices haha! I applied to UCL, Southampton, Exeter and Royal Holloway and got offers from them all. Then the real choice was between UCL and Warwick but I decided I didn't really like the atmosphere of the Uni and would prefer to go to Warwick. Ahaha yeah definitely pre-drinking! After being a backpacker though living of bread wont be difficult haha! :wink:

Haha seeing as I've been sleeping in hostel bunkbeds like a 5 year old for the past 8 months I'm sure I'll cope :wink: I was thinking maybe Tocil, Cryfield, Benefactors, Jack Martin and Whitefield but no idea what order yet! Just want to get accommodation over and done with really so hopefully we can apply soon!
This thread makes me feel so old! Can't believe this year has gone so fast!
Anyway, if you have any questions about Warwick, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by eeebee
Well I hope you manage to save enough! Where do you work? I've started applying for jobs seeing as I'll be home in a month but really don't know if I'll find much!

Yeah cant wait, well Warwick was one of my first choices haha! I applied to UCL, Southampton, Exeter and Royal Holloway and got offers from them all. Then the real choice was between UCL and Warwick but I decided I didn't really like the atmosphere of the Uni and would prefer to go to Warwick. Ahaha yeah definitely pre-drinking! After being a backpacker though living of bread wont be difficult haha! :wink:

Haha seeing as I've been sleeping in hostel bunkbeds like a 5 year old for the past 8 months I'm sure I'll cope :wink: I was thinking maybe Tocil, Cryfield, Benefactors, Jack Martin and Whitefield but no idea what order yet! Just want to get accommodation over and done with really so hopefully we can apply soon!

I'm working in Human Resources at the moment for a small/medium sized company. I was totally surprised to get my job as I had zero experience in anything except retail but just got lucky I guess! I'm enjoying it but can't wait to get back into education :smile: I hope you can get something! For just a few months you should be fine anyway :smile:

Ah nice choice to have though! But you obviously made the right one :wink: Yes definitely used to living on no food while backpacking! It's like, do this day out or eat a proper meal. It's the day out every time!

Those hostel bunkbeds aren't fun at all! Living out of a bag is the worst though I just never felt properly clean! All good preparation for Uni life though.

Some good choices there :smile: Have you looked at the new one, Sherbourne? It looks a decent option too but a bit more expensive than JM overall because it's a 39 week let :/ I'm hoping I get an email asking us to apply soon :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by Bea492
Yay! You should join the Facebook group :biggrin:

What facebook group is this? Is it for all Warwick freshers?
Reply 48
Original post by TheJ0ker
What facebook group is this? Is it for all Warwick freshers?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/351644164886657/

It's for all firmers :smile:
Reply 49
Reply 50
Original post by Bea492
Yayyy! I've just firmed for Law and I'm currently on a gap year too :smile: how've you found your years out?

Definitely up for making friends on here before I go :smile:

I firmed Warwick for law as well! :smile:
Original post by Bea492
I'm working in Human Resources at the moment for a small/medium sized company. I was totally surprised to get my job as I had zero experience in anything except retail but just got lucky I guess! I'm enjoying it but can't wait to get back into education :smile: I hope you can get something! For just a few months you should be fine anyway :smile:

Ah nice choice to have though! But you obviously made the right one :wink: Yes definitely used to living on no food while backpacking! It's like, do this day out or eat a proper meal. It's the day out every time!

Those hostel bunkbeds aren't fun at all! Living out of a bag is the worst though I just never felt properly clean! All good preparation for Uni life though.

Some good choices there :smile: Have you looked at the new one, Sherbourne? It looks a decent option too but a bit more expensive than JM overall because it's a 39 week let :/ I'm hoping I get an email asking us to apply soon :biggrin:

Ah thats cool, its nice to actually like the job if you have to do it every day! Yeah fingers crossed :smile:

Haha yeah it was a nice choice but so glad I picked Warwick as didn't think I'd want to live in London! Haha yes it's like that at the moment, we're in our last month of travelling and we still have a list of activities so its prioritising those over nice food haha! Living out of a bag is killing me now, can't wait to get home and have my wardrobe and double bed back! I'm sure the novelty will wear off though and I'll wish I was back here so just have to make the most of it haha!

Yeah I did have a brief look at Sherbourne but isn't it by Westwood which is 15 minutes away? It looks good but don't think I want to be that far away! GAH I dont know!

Still need to join the Facebook group! I'll do that now...
Reply 52
Original post by eeebee
Ah thats cool, its nice to actually like the job if you have to do it every day! Yeah fingers crossed :smile:

Haha yeah it was a nice choice but so glad I picked Warwick as didn't think I'd want to live in London! Haha yes it's like that at the moment, we're in our last month of travelling and we still have a list of activities so its prioritising those over nice food haha! Living out of a bag is killing me now, can't wait to get home and have my wardrobe and double bed back! I'm sure the novelty will wear off though and I'll wish I was back here so just have to make the most of it haha!

Yeah I did have a brief look at Sherbourne but isn't it by Westwood which is 15 minutes away? It looks good but don't think I want to be that far away! GAH I dont know!

Still need to join the Facebook group! I'll do that now...

Yeah I'm lucky really :smile: I'm glad I like it too especially as its full time!

You definitely made a good choice :wink: Do you come from a small place or a big city?
Coming back to your own bed is THE best things about coming after family, friends blah blah blah. It's all about the double bed! Haha :biggrin:

Sherbourne is by Lakeside so yeah it's a bit of a way away but not as bad as Westwood.

You joined yay! I'm seriously jealous of your beach pics right now!
Trying to link TSR names to facebook names from the group... no luck :tongue:
Reply 54
Hi, I firmed Warwick a while back! Was just nosing around on here and saw this thread so hi!
Reply 55
Hopefully will be there for Computer Science and Business Studies
Would be joining the MSc Information systems management & innovation course this year!

Cheers to all!
Reply 57
Hey all, gap yah student here who's just firmed for English Lit :smile:

After two years of battling against the UCAS system...my face is finally something like this:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
just firmed for English Lit and French! I probably could have done it weeks ago to be honest but I couldn't drum up the willpower
I'm incredibly nervous and apprehensive now, though

if anyone else has applied to study English Lit and/or French, feel free to hit me up! I'd love to get to know some coursemates before the start of term
Original post by bonesbones
just firmed for English Lit and French! I probably could have done it weeks ago to be honest but I couldn't drum up the willpower
I'm incredibly nervous and apprehensive now, though

if anyone else has applied to study English Lit and/or French, feel free to hit me up! I'd love to get to know some coursemates before the start of term

Firmed for straight Lit. You could join the facebook group for firmers! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest