The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

found it difficult! changed so many answers so hoping my first instincts were wrong...:colone:

for the last one I put that his girlfriend was lying about her age and now he trusts nobody

...have definitely failed this
Reply 21
how much would A* be?

i think that i got around 27-32ish
Reply 22
Yeah I put factory, and then about making sure people had a good nights sleep I think! :s-smilie: I was quite unsure though.
Reply 23
For the holiday one, I put that he was disappointed because his family didn't enjoy it...
Let's just hope the grade boundaries are low.
Original post by Ingamo
Anyone else hear about the man working in a shop dressing up like santa..?

got that, put C for the first part of his question and B for the second part I think?

don't remember anything from the paper tbqh! winged my way through it though, hopefully haha :tongue: found that this was much more of an interpretation paper instead of previous ones which were far more straight forward imo, but ah well got the reading to look forward to on thurs! (and spanish next week waaa)
Reply 25
That one was so confusing as well as the camping trip one and relationship one! What did you put for that one about mali that confused me soo much too!
Reply 26
The paper was much harder than i thought :angry: Flopped on the holiday and Relationships bit
Reply 27
i really hated the pessimistic/optimistic question haha, seeing as i don't even know what pessimistic means. Fail.
Reply 28
Original post by izzyd16
i really hated the pessimistic/optimistic question haha, seeing as i don't even know what pessimistic means. Fail.

Pessimistic is the opposite of optimistic. ;D
Not feeling confident/positive about the future.
Reply 29
Yeah the question about Mali was certainly difficult! They definitely tried to trick you on that one! I think I put that she was optimistic about the future, not too sure why I put that though!
Reply 30
For the social issues, the second question did you guys get racism, because i heard that 2 girls in a hotel in Nice, France weren't given rooms because they were black - how racist
Reply 31
Original post by Deziah
Pessimistic is the opposite of optimistic. ;D
Not feeling confident/positive about the future.

Aha, thanks! :biggrin: Did anyone actually tick either pessimistic or optimistic?
Reply 32
Original post by A193
For the social issues, the second question did you guys get racism, because i heard that 2 girls in a hotel in Nice, France weren't given rooms because they were black - how racist

That's what I got. :smile:
Reply 33
Was the steak overcooked? Also there is a massive debate at my school between furniture shop and factory for that stupid question!
Reply 34
Original post by Ingamo
Yeah the question about Mali was certainly difficult! They definitely tried to trick you on that one! I think I put that she was optimistic about the future, not too sure why I put that though!

I put optimistic too! No idea why i ticked it either haha!
Reply 35
Original post by SarahLucyx
Was the steak overcooked? Also there is a massive debate at my school between furniture shop and factory for that stupid question!

I think it was that the steak was rare
Reply 36
The person definitely said the word rare in terms of the steak so im guessing it was undercooked?
Original post by izzyd16
Aha, thanks! :biggrin: Did anyone actually tick either pessimistic or optimistic?

i put pessimistic.. massive guess tho hehee :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by SarahLucyx

I put overcooked as well, but talking to my friend they said they heard the word "bloody" (don't really know why they knew that word in French but hey!) so I'm not sure.. :frown:
Reply 39
My class all hated it so I so hope the boundaries are low. How are you all feeling about the reading on...Thursday I believe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending