The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel History Unit 3 12th June 2012 (Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Where are my kaiser to fuhrer people at, any inkling as to what is going to come up? Quote me please also does anyone know what was in the jan 12 paper, I appreciate your help
Reply 421
Original post by ECU93
I'm pretty sure that popular protests have come up...

they did in the specimen paper
Reply 422
I attempted a hurried pracitce paper this morning and my teachers away till after exams, could anyone have a quick look at it and say if its any good or not please?

cheers

My answer:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WabGsZ6p7iUhhCONYxAc9xTKABbO8odjEQiwgkS6KbM/edit

Question Paper:
June 2011 Question 8
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202011%20-%20QP/6HI03_E_que_20110610.pdf
Can someone help me on the timings quickly
if we spend 50 minutes on section a how long wold that be for section b??
Reply 424
Original post by Forget that

1h and 10 minutes

I normally spend 55 mins on section A and 1h5m on section B
Reply 425
Original post by Forget that

15 minutes planning
50 minutes writing for section B

5 minutes planning
50 minutes writing for section A
Reply 426
Original post by flying_ifan
On a slightly different note:

For those thinking of doing the end of the Cold War controversy, it seems likely that the question will focus on Gorbachev - since most other factors seem to have been covered in the past.

Am I the only one who would cry out loud with delight if it was on Gorbachev? :u:

Are you only doing the end of the cold war and not the origins? I'm doing both and finding it hard to remember everything(historians and different schools etc)
Reply 427
Original post by winning11
Where are my kaiser to fuhrer people at, any inkling as to what is going to come up? Quote me please also does anyone know what was in the jan 12 paper, I appreciate your help

It seems like the prediction is the Second Reich and the Stresemann years :smile:

Also for Germany there is only been two papers so far and both are June (they don't do a january one for this) :smile:

Hope this helps!
Reply 428
Original post by zmian10
Are you only doing the end of the cold war and not the origins? I'm doing both and finding it hard to remember everything(historians and different schools etc)

I'm doing both too and having similar problems.

The more I go over it though, the more I'm inclined to doing the end of the Cold War. I think it's because, rather than being a combination of different factors mainly focussed on USSR/USA blame as the beginning is, I like the fact that it's more multi-factor - a clear set of, say, 5 different causes that led to the end.
Reply 429
Anyone here doing US 1820-57/Civil War? I'm so scared for this exam, I need an A in History to meet my uni offer.

Any ideas on what may come up? Also, anyone have any generic tips on source structure and planning of questions? It's my biggest downfall D:
Original post by lilGem
15 minutes planning
50 minutes writing for section B

5 minutes planning
50 minutes writing for section A

that's a lot of planning time for section A though, surely you would want more time with the sources? But it depends on which you find easier really
1h and 10 minutes

I normally spend 55 mins on section A and 1h5m on section B

Thanks, i think 10 mins is good enough to spend with the sources as well.
You see, i would love to say how long i would normally spend but i haven't actually done a practice paper, ever.
This is going to be one interesting exam... :redface:
Reply 432
Anyone doing Tudors- what questions do you think are likely to come up? Is it quite likely Elizabethan foreign policy won't come up seeing as there have been quite a few questions on that so far? Can you quote me if you answer please :smile: Thanks
Original post by utiuti
Also doing the 1629-67 module; my girlfriend seems fairly confident that Part A will be on the Civil War itself or Personal Rule, while Part B is supposedly going to be focused on side-taking. She's completely skipped out Cromwell in her revision, and I'm wondering whether to take that risk too in order to really nail down Personal Rule - religion is the nightmare topic for me.

Part B is either on side-taking or the protectorate, that's a definite - just choose the question you're more comfortable with and focus on revising that!
Reply 434
Original post by Ttorria
Anyone doing Tudors- what questions do you think are likely to come up? Is it quite likely Elizabethan foreign policy won't come up seeing as there have been quite a few questions on that so far? Can you quote me if you answer please :smile: Thanks

I've been trying to work this out as well, and this is what I think:

For part A, it'll be a question on the Tudor government machine, and one on religion. There hasn't been a question on the government machine before, and so it'll almost certainly come up. Therefore it's unlikely that faction will come up as well, as that focuses on almost exactly the same time period. I doubt Anglo-Spanish relations will come up, as it's come up the past two years. Therefore I reckon it'll be religion as the other option, also because it didn't come up last year, whereas faction did.

For part B, I'm hoping it'll be Wyatt's rebellion or the Northern rebellion, or possibly a question about all the rebellions. It's unlikely to be on the Pilgrimage of Grace or the 1549 rebellions as they've come up before.

I hate the Elizabethan parliaments question and have decided I'm not doing it, so no idea what'll come up for that!

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 435
I'm doing both too and having similar problems.

The more I go over it though, the more I'm inclined to doing the end of the Cold War. I think it's because, rather than being a combination of different factors mainly focussed on USSR/USA blame as the beginning is, I like the fact that it's more multi-factor - a clear set of, say, 5 different causes that led to the end.

I didn't mean to unlike your post! I'm on my phone and it was an accident lol. Also what kind of qs do u think will come for gorbachev? To what extent was the end of the cold war due to gorbachevs new political thinking?
Original post by utiuti
Also doing the 1629-67 module; my girlfriend seems fairly confident that Part A will be on the Civil War itself or Personal Rule, while Part B is supposedly going to be focused on side-taking. She's completely skipped out Cromwell in her revision, and I'm wondering whether to take that risk too in order to really nail down Personal Rule - religion is the nightmare topic for me.

also, religion isn't that bad in the personal rule! Laud attempts to make changes to the church to make it more arminian, such as more lavish ceremonies, stain-glass windows, moving the altar etc - Scottish presbytrians dislike this as they view it as a step towards catholism and the new prayer book that Charles attempts to enforce in Scotland is what triggers the bishops wars and brings an end to the personal rule.
Anybody doing 'D2 Britain and the Challenge of Fascism: Saving Europe at a Cost? c1925–60'?
Original post by zmian10

I've only revised the end, as my school recommended! It's so much easier as its so clear cut as opposed to wishy washy. I love end of Cold War and if Gorby came up I would cry with happiness! It is so easy!

Part A I'm more worried about

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 439
Original post by zmian10
I didn't mean to unlike your post! I'm on my phone and it was an accident lol. Also what kind of qs do u think will come for gorbachev? To what extent was the end of the cold war due to gorbachevs new political thinking?

Haha don't worry, that's okay :wink:

And yeah, in regards to the question, I think if its Gorby it'll be that or something very close to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending