The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TOTS TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 61
Watch My Chops. I demand to know why the dog had a Northern accent but everyone else was American. Not a night goes by where I'm trying to masturbate or something and that thought doesn't pop into my head, therefore annoying me for hours. :angry:
I miss Tracy Beaker. I used to watch it ALL the time. :frown: I used to watch Alistair Fury's Revenge or something like that too, that was so funny :frown:
I used to love Smile, Smart and Raven too.
And I'm thinking about a program where you could get "points"... think Ortis was on it, maybe? I can't remember... :tongue:
I remember TMi and becoming infatuated with Caroline Flack :wink:
I used to love Bamzooki and Best of Friends too. I found Basil Brush to be annoying!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Gotta say Jeopardy was AMAZING!! Though I never found out what happened in the end :frown: Anyone know??
Other memorable shows I absolutely LOVED as a child included Basil Brush, The Crust,
Big Kids(seriously funny),SJA, Watch My Chops.Scariest thing EVER was The Demon Headmaster.
:smile:
Original post by Mazzini
The old Blue Peter with Konnie Huq, Liz Barker, Matt Baker and Simon Thomas before it became all chavvy :frown:

Watch My Chops :biggrin:

Bamzooki

El Nombre

Postman Pat (the original one without all the silly political correctness and the helicopter)

Raven :colondollar:

Smile

Tales of the Riverbank

Might add more later :tongue:

EDIT: Those S Club 7 shows :yep:

I pretty much stopped watching Blue Peter after Konnie left :frown: I only liked it when those four were the presenters.
El Nombre was just the best!
Stupid and Kerching!.
I would watch the crap out of those if they made new episodes of them!!
Original post by -Neuro-
I didn't say he was better than Arthur!

The Arthur theme tune is brilliant.

"Everyday when you're walking down the street
And everybody that you meet
Has an original point of view

And I say HEY! HEY!(background singers)
What a wonderful kind of day.
If you can learn to work and play
And get along with each other"

I could go on! What meaningful lyrics! So beautiful!

Remember the little anecdotes at the end which gave moral messages?

Thankfully new episodes still air. I've missed so many episodes! :teehee:
Live and Kicking - believe it or not they used to show early episodes of The Simpsons back in its heyday
The Ghost Hunter
Reply 68
Original post by Willowfairy
I pretty much stopped watching Blue Peter after Konnie left :frown: I only liked it when those four were the presenters.
El Nombre was just the best!

It most definitely went downhill after they left :frown:

Welcome to TSR by the way :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by brendonbackflip
Watch My Chops and Fairly Odd Parents! I think they were CBBC anyway.

I'm probably being a bit nit-picky, but the reason the programmes have gone 'downhill' might be because you're not 8 anymore, and the shows aren't aimed at you, so you're clearly not going to enjoy it as much - not that the programmes have got worse.

Not at all. That comment was more aimed at the channel, not the programming. I'm sure the recent shows are just as entertaining for the intended age group but I feel as tough the channel's lost it's spark.

For example, there were so much energy in the old CBBC studios. The numerous presenter's personalities bounced off each other and that came across on screen. From what I've seen recently, studio space is limited and there was only one presenter from what I have seen (I'm guessing there will be different ones for different days maybe?). Back in my era, when the channel was launched, there was so much going on, like interactive programming, a range of shows and atleast a dozen different presenter on the channel within a week. (Angellica Bell, Andrew-Hayden Smith, Jake Humphrey, Fearne Cotton, Adrian Dickson, Barney Harwood, Dick & Dom, Gemma Hunt, Sophie McDonnel etc...)
Reply 70
Original post by Mazzini
Smile was Sunday mornings :mad: :fuhrer:

:tongue:

Sorry :frown:

It was hilarious when they played online games in the studio but the game was really laggy so the poor person who rang up to play never won :biggrin:

Tracy Beaker, Grange Hill for a period and S Club 7 were like my soap operas :colondollar:
Original post by misfits1994
My favourite childhood show! :smile:

There were a couple of other shows I can't quite remember the names of. One about kids running a radio station and a sort of prank show where jokes were made on the general public. I think one of the channel's presenters were in it... Not 100% sure though.

Get your own back? Prank patrol?
Reply 72
Original post by Leelad
Sorry :frown:

It was hilarious when they played online games in the studio but the game was really laggy so the poor person who rang up to play never won :biggrin:

Tracy Beaker, Grange Hill for a period and S Club 7 were like my soap operas :colondollar:

Oh yeah :tongue:

I always hated that really bitchy girl in Tracy Beaker with the dark hair and pony-tail... can't remember what her name was though.
Original post by foodnom
oh god this is really taking me back! Anyone remember stupid and the DEVIL FINGERRRR or YOUR FACE GRAHAM!

Ace lightning
bamzooki
stitch up
the ghost hunter used to terrify me!

those S Club 7 programmes were so cringy! the acting was terrible

NO ONE CAN SEE THE AMAZING INVISIBLE BOY. Or - *I* am the new girl. There can only be *one* new girl.
Kerching definately - there was a series about a boy clone (?), Bernard's watch (the original one) and JUNGLE RUN!
Original post by Mazzini
Oh yeah :tongue:

I always hated that really bitchy girl in Tracy Beaker with the dark hair and pony-tail... can't remember what her name was though.

Justine.
Original post by Mazzini

Justine Littlewood?
If it is her, I never liked her either :tongue:
Original post by foodnom
oh god this is really taking me back! Anyone remember stupid and the DEVIL FINGERRRR or YOUR FACE GRAHAM!

Ace lightning
bamzooki
stitch up
the ghost hunter used to terrify me!

those S Club 7 programmes were so cringy! the acting was terrible

" Stu..chicka chicka chicka chick chick..pid!"
Original post by brendonbackflip
Watch My Chops and Fairly Odd Parents! I think they were CBBC anyway.

I'm probably being a bit nit-picky, but the reason the programmes have gone 'downhill' might be because you're not 8 anymore, and the shows aren't aimed at you, so you're clearly not going to enjoy it as much - not that the programmes have got worse.

I kinda agree. Kinda makes me think of when middle aged adults complain that 'music nowadays isn't as good as it used to be'. (Although there may arguably be some truth in that *points towards Nicki Minaj*).
Original post by tehforum
Otis.

Short change?

His name was Ortis. Though admittedly pronounced phonetically the way you're spelling it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortis_Deley

Latest

Trending

Trending