The Student Room Group

Article: To eat meat or not to eat meat? What do TSR users think?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BitWindy
Meat tastes good.

Nothing beats a nice, bloody steak.

tastes good, but only because you were programmed to like it from birth.

but morally wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eoF6w7R9oI
Reply 121
I just don't think I could give up macdonalds chicken nuggets
chicken titties are my fav food hmmm
I think eating meat is TOTALLY not good. Who knows what if the butler gave you any other HARAM meat??!! And that's totally disgusting. :slap:
Meat is the worst thing you can ever eat, seriosly the worst. The meat and dairy LIE to you all! Meat is unhealthy, dairy is unhealthy. Lets start with meat.. What do you think gives you cancer? Broccoli? Potatoes? NO. It's meat. This stuff is packed with estrogen ( stuff that develops cancer) and animal mucus, puss, ****, you name it. And people think that veganism is extreme? This stuff has to go through so much in order for it to be remotely clean enough for us to eat yet you can literally pick something off the ground or a tree and its condidered EXTREME!! Now dairy.. Something for a baby calf? Are you a calf? I guess not because you're reading this. We are humans, we drink breast milk. We are not babies anymore and do not need milk. This stuff is supposed to turn a tiny baby calf into a massive animal and people wonder why they're getting fat nowadays. Everything you need to survive is in vegetables, fruit, seeds, nuts, pasta, rice. You do not need to kill a living breathing beautiful creature because of TASTE. Look yourself in the mirror and see your body is a grave. Meat is killing the world, chopping down the Amazon for grazing cattle, polluting out air more than cars are!! Polluting our water and most importantly our bodies! Please become vegan to save this world, and please watch the documentary 'cowspiracy' on YouTube or nexflix if you have even the slightest bit of an open mind about this. Please. We can actually save the world before it's too late.
I am one of those hypocrites that loves animals but happily eats meat. I'm not gonna lie, as long as I don't see the animal being killed then I'm fine eating it. I would rather the animal lived a long life and then we ate it once it died naturally rather than it got killed (particularly at a young age) purely just for us to use as food. I don't ever see me giving up eating meat tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
as long as I don't see the animal being killed then I'm fine eating it.

Doesn't this attitude scare you? That you're addicted to consuming something that you know causes suffering and death against beings that you say you love, and that you continue to support so long as you can pay someone else to do the killing for you, all because of a petty and unnecessary human desire.
I am one of those hypocrites that loves animals but happily eats meat. I'm not gonna lie, as long as I don't see the animal being killed then I'm fine eating it. I would rather the animal lived a long life and then we ate it once it died naturally rather than it got killed (particularly at a young age) purely just for us to use as food. I don't ever see me giving up eating meat tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou for admiting this but you do know how hypocritical you are? This is speciesism, preferring the life of one animal over another, think of it like preferring white over black people, women over men. It's disgusting. We all share this world. We should all be born into it with an equal opertunity to live a happy life from the next being. If you cared about the planet AT ALL, you would consider veganism or vegetarianism. If you cared about getting heart disease, diabetes or cancer you would drastically decrease your intake of meat. You're obviously brain washed, I don't blame you, I was. Then I found out the meat industry have literally MURDERED activists and journalist for speaking the truth about the industry!!! ( if you don't believe me look it up) I know I sound crazy vegan but believe me I felt the same about vegans many years ago. I thought they were crazy hippies. But now I couldn't give a flying **** about what people think of vegans! I'm saving the planet!!
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Thankyou for admiting this but you do know how hypocritical you are? This is speciesism, preferring the life of one animal over another, think of it like preferring white over black people, women over men. It's disgusting. We all share this world. We should all be born into it with an equal opertunity to live a happy life from the next being. If you cared about the planet AT ALL, you would consider veganism or vegetarianism. If you cared about getting heart disease, diabetes or cancer you would drastically decrease your intake of meat. You're obviously brain washed, I don't blame you, I was. Then I found out the meat industry have literally MURDERED activists and journalist for speaking the truth about the industry!!! ( if you don't believe me look it up) I know I sound crazy vegan but believe me I felt the same about vegans many years ago. I thought they were crazy hippies. But now I couldn't give a flying **** about what people think of vegans! I'm saving the planet!!

If you want people to try and change their views or consider yours, lecturing them isn't really the way to go and you gave off that kind of vibe with your post. Its always the same kind of things said in every kind of pro vegan/pro veggie post. I've yet to hear any new point from any person with your kind of view but I am sure you feel the same with what meat eaters say too. You do sound like a 'crazy vegan' and brainwashed as well and maybe we both are, just at different ends of the spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am one of those hypocrites that loves animals but happily eats meat. I'm not gonna lie, as long as I don't see the animal being killed then I'm fine eating it.

I used to have this point of view, until I realised how messed up it was to love a creature, 'aww' at cute photographs of chicks and pigs, and then go home and eat its flesh. Now, after a year and a half of being vegetarian,the thought of eating the dead flesh/remains of another creature is grotesque to me.

If you can ignore the fact that you're advocating the suffering (because they do suffer in the meat industry) and murder of animals simply because you 'enjoy' how something taste, then by all means, continue to do so. That's what the majority of people like you do.
If you want people to try and change their views or consider yours, lecturing them isn't really the way to go and you gave off that kind of vibe with your post. Its always the same kind of things said in every kind of pro vegan/pro veggie post. I've yet to hear any new point from any person with your kind of view but I am sure you feel the same with what meat eaters say too. You do sound like a 'crazy vegan' and brainwashed as well and maybe we both are, just at different ends of the spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't trying to lecture you but it's kinda sickening for vegans and vegetarians to preach this stuff to people who have all this information under their nose but will refuse to acknowledge it. I can tell you have a small amount of guilt for what you consume and people like you are the best to preach to because I think you are open minded enough to make a change in your lifestyle. Please take an hour or so to watch cowspiracy on YouTube or Netflix when you have free time, I guarantee it will change the way you think for the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually when people say veggies/vegans are 'lecturing' or being 'preachy', i find they just mean they're being provided with information that goes against their own beliefs. I think it's done as a subconscious way of shutting them down and not having to deal with an uncomfortable issue, even when they themselves have started or entered into a conversation on the subject.

You don't want to stop eating meat because people are lecturing you?
Give me a break.
Imagine you went to a friends house, and she had a dog locked in a dark cupboard, surrounded by its own **** and piss, with a pile of food and a bowl of water in the corner. The dog was kept there 24/7. Would you say anything to your friend? Would you tell her you thought what she was doing was wrong?

If yes, would your friend be right to tell you not to be preachy and not to lecture her?
I'm a vegetarian, who doesn't eat egg but I eat dairy. My parents are both vegetarian so we don't have any meat at home. But me and my brother can eat it when we go out, he eats it almost everyday but I choose not to.
Reply 135
i'm sorry but lamb chops... nothing will beat these.
I don't eat meat. Never have. Because I consider the lives of all animals to be valuable and feel personally affected when any animal dies. I believe this is because I'm very empathetic. I don't want anyone or thing to go through suffering. I don't think anyone or thing deserves to die, especially innocent babies. I don't think humans are so superior that they can choose what lives and dies. I think it's barbaric to still eat meat with so many alternatives around. I think people like being ignorant to the fact that animals suffer. Even when they try to claim animals go through no suffering at all - which they must, as even being transported in a cage and separated from family causes great emotional trauma - they think it's fine that their lives end for their temporary satisfaction.

I also think there is no real arguement for eating meat other than, "It tastes nice." We torture and kill animals because it tastes nice. How sadistic and narcissistic and plain evil is that?

Am I attacking you personally? No. I won't tell you to stop eating meat because I can't. But I urge you to think about it sincerely.
(edited 7 years ago)
..but where do you get your protein from?
The education system desperately needs a big shake up because I always get this question. Even with the internet etc now days people still can't comprehend. Brainwashing, brainwashing everywhere.

These 2 guys are both vegan and natural
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jon+venus&rlz=1C1TEUA_enGB549GB549&espv=2&biw=1517&bih=714&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7msS1_PvNAhUDDxoKHZJlAi8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FtBjNlqu2wNAH87Qj1UVA

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Meat is the worst thing you can ever eat, seriosly the worst. The meat and dairy LIE to you all! Meat is unhealthy, dairy is unhealthy. Lets start with meat.. What do you think gives you cancer? Broccoli? Potatoes? NO. It's meat. This stuff is packed with estrogen ( stuff that develops cancer) and animal mucus, puss, ****, you name it. And people think that veganism is extreme? This stuff has to go through so much in order for it to be remotely clean enough for us to eat yet you can literally pick something off the ground or a tree and its condidered EXTREME!! Now dairy.. Something for a baby calf? Are you a calf? I guess not because you're reading this. We are humans, we drink breast milk. We are not babies anymore and do not need milk. This stuff is supposed to turn a tiny baby calf into a massive animal and people wonder why they're getting fat nowadays. Everything you need to survive is in vegetables, fruit, seeds, nuts, pasta, rice. You do not need to kill a living breathing beautiful creature because of TASTE. Look yourself in the mirror and see your body is a grave. Meat is killing the world, chopping down the Amazon for grazing cattle, polluting out air more than cars are!! Polluting our water and most importantly our bodies! Please become vegan to save this world, and please watch the documentary 'cowspiracy' on YouTube or nexflix if you have even the slightest bit of an open mind about this. Please. We can actually save the world before it's too late.

Calm down Vegan no gains brah! *cant stand that guy* :rolleyes:
Maybe because they are in a caloric surplus?

Yeah, you've mentioned carbs/fats sources but give me a long list of foods I can eat and get me 150-160g protein per day and I'd consider it.

I do share your empathy about the treatment of animals in the meat industry.
I'm curious why all Vegans comes across :mob: and aggressive to most people, hardly going to change most people though.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Calm down Vegan no gains brah! *cant stand that guy* :rolleyes:
Maybe because they are in a caloric surplus?

Yeah, you've mentioned carbs/fats sources but give me a long list of foods I can eat and get me 150-160g protein per day and I'd consider it.

I do share your empathy about the treatment of animals in the meat industry.
I'm curious why all Vegans comes across :mob: and aggressive to most people, hardly going to change most people though.

Not all vegans come across agressive etc. Im vegan but I try to hide it sometimes and dont like to mention it due to wanting to avoid confrontation and repetative remarks. I can understand why some may come across aggressive due to the passion they feel and eagerness to educate others in a brainwashed world.

Look at the vegan body builders in the post above for protein rich foods. Vegan physique talks through it very well. Theres also naturally stephanie who has a good fitness yout tube channel.

Quick Reply

Latest