The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iram523
Ah ok thanks, I might as well get it done now too then :smile: I could do with finding out what I need to bring.

On one of the sections on e-intro there's a huge list of all sorts of things to bring which is super helpful :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Kathryn991
On one of the sections on e-intro there's a huge list of all sorts of things to bring which is super helpful :smile:

Just done it! That took ages. And I think I got pretty much everything on the list which is a good start :smile: but I bought a mattress protector but they provide one? I guess I'll save it for next year.
Original post by Iram523
Just done it! That took ages. And I think I got pretty much everything on the list which is a good start :smile: but I bought a mattress protector but they provide one? I guess I'll save it for next year.

I know, there's so much to read through aha & atleast now I understand why you can't have fairy lights!! & I know, I was going to get one until I saw that aha :smile:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone still hasn't heard back from accommodation
Original post by Kathryn991
I know, there's so much to read through aha & atleast now I understand why you can't have fairy lights!! & I know, I was going to get one until I saw that aha :smile:

I wanted fairy lights, they just look soo pretty. Oh well. Got two weeks to get all my stuff together now, can't wait :smile:
Original post by zbagnall
Aw that's grand at least there seems to be a few wanting a good night haha! Aw you're next door but one! :smile: Do you have FB? If so feel free to add/message me on there I rarely use this to be honest haha only got it to find out if I was going to be a loner, evidently not!
yeah send me your link over pm if you want
Is there a thread for James Baillie anywhere???
ROOM AVAILABLE- Liberty Park, LeedsRent paid til January£110 per week4th floor, double bed room, en suite bathroom, 5 other people in flat, lovely peopleLocated Malborough Street, 20 minute walk from Leeds Beckett, Leeds University, Leeds College of Art10 minute walk from city centreMessage me if interested
University of Leeds Accommodation Room Available (Lupton)

Situated in the popular student district of Headingley

Frequent buses to and from uni and city

Pleasant, green environment

Very sociable flat and block

Amenities within 2 minute walk (including Sainsbury's, Wilkos and KFC)

All for under £88 per week!

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jonnym96
In the exact same position as you, can't decide whether I want to live in the city for the first year or out in headingley

I suggest that it is best to live in Headingley in the first year as it is basically a mini town with everything you need!

I am looking at Trinity Hall accommodation as its newly built and in the heart of everything
Original post by tasmay
I've never been inside it but it was only built 2 years ago so I assume it's pretty nice and modern inside.
It's half way between town and uni so It's really central - only about a 5-10 minute walk from each. There's a tesco express right underneath one of the central village buildings and it's right next to the gym/pool and some lecture theatres. There's also a big morrisons and a shopping centre about 5 minutes walk away too..
If you were thinking of bringing a car I'm not sure there's much parking at central village but unless you're doing a course that requires you to go out on placement a lot then there's not much need for a car in Leeds anyway.

If you are looking for modern and top standard accommodation I have seen the show flat at Trinirt Hall which is been built as we speak and it really is nice.

It is in the heart of Headingley and it includes gym prices which is pretty good as well
Henry Price is my first choice, but James Bailey is my second.

When listing my 'Important features' and I put on campus low down (so they consider me for James Bailey) will that affect my chances of getting Henry Price?

As in do they only look at these if they can't allocate your first choice?
Original post by eejboyes
Henry Price is my first choice, but James Bailey is my second.

When listing my 'Important features' and I put on campus low down (so they consider me for James Bailey) will that affect my chances of getting Henry Price?

As in do they only look at these if they can't allocate your first choice?

Yup, your important features only come into play if you can't be allocated your first choice.(except, if you're allocated to a residence which has a mix of en suite and non en suite, we will try to look at how highly you have ranked en suite to determine which type of room - where possible)

Sian
Accommodation Office
Hi guys,
Sorry to jump in here - but if you're looking for luxury, all inclusive, BRAND NEW student accommodation then we can certainly help out!
At Briggs House all you will need to bring with you when you move in is your personal belongings, bedding (mattress protector supplied by us) and kitchen crockery/cutlery.
We advise you bring food for the first couple of days but then take the opportunity to access one of the close by supermarkets to stock up, and don’t forget over the moving in period we will have a host of events on, so there will be no shortage of complimentary pizza and snacks!

Check out Briggs House now.

All inclusive bills
100 MBPS internet access
FREE contents insurance
No extra cost for living as a couple
Amazing social spaces with regular events
On site management Monday Friday
On site security out of hours and weekends
Private garden access for residents only
37” TVs in all shared apartment kitchens

Our Open Days are every Wednesday between 10am 4pm but you can visit us anytime between 9am to 5:30pm, Monday Friday.
If a weekend or evening is better for you then get in touch and to book a viewing that is more suitable for you.

If you want to get to know your flatmates before you move in then you can join in the chat on our FB page, simply post what room you are in for next year and meet your flatmates before September to start planning the fun!

Thanks,
Gemma

Contact Details:
0113 323 8501
[email protected]
Original post by ajade21
If you are looking for modern and top standard accommodation I have seen the show flat at Trinirt Hall which is been built as we speak and it really is nice.

It is in the heart of Headingley and it includes gym prices which is pretty good as well

Did you apply to live at Trinity Hall? I've got a place confirmed there but the building work has been delayed and they now say that I won't be able to move in until the 17th of October.
Original post by JoelDavison
Hi!

I'm attending the visitors day in April to find accommodation. I was thinking Leodis or Central Village, so if anyone has any tips or advice, I'll appreciate it! :smile:

Thanks

Hi! Applying for Accom this year and looking at both places, where did you go for accom in the end?
Reply 336
Is James Bailie park loud at night? I've chosen it but I hate late nights, clubbing, flat parties, noise in the night. I'm a light sleeper, and I always wake at 6.30 without fail no matter how late I go to bed. Have I made a horrible mistake? I don't care about Fridays and Saturdays. But any other day? No thanks
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest