The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Unit 4 26/01/12 PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by This Honest
Facer :colone:
I would have used it for AS if only I joined TSR ealier :sigh:
CGP and the edexcel blue book from time to time.

3 books :eek:
How about you?

I have all 3 too! But the george facer one waffles a lot .. and sometimes it gives too much detail. I just used it for around 3 chapters..
Reply 21
I also use the George Facer book....had it last year though I felt as if my teacher was trying to punish me so i never used it :banghead:

However we weren't given the black book this year so had to use the facer book and soon I grew to love it....does everything in the specification and more.

Wish i knew where i could find the god-damn answers to the questions though thats the only problem
Original post by Kasarna
I also use the George Facer book....had it last year though I felt as if my teacher was trying to punish me so i never used it :banghead:

However we weren't given the black book this year so had to use the facer book and soon I grew to love it....does everything in the specification and more.

Wish i knew where i could find the god-damn answers to the questions though thats the only problem

I can help you with that.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7QB75DU

Just click 'regular download'

Why the neg? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
I need to do some Rates of Reactions revision. Haven't looked at that in a while...
Original post by NutterFrutter
I need to do some Rates of Reactions revision. Haven't looked at that in a while...

I've been doing those loads of times so I'm comfortable with them

I think I need to work on drawing the ph graph for bases and acids in the context of the question.
Also, I need to work on nmr, HPLC, GC- i detest those :sigh:
Reply 25

THANKS ALOT!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Finally I can do some questions which are worthwhile my time. Some of the questions in the edexcel revision guide are like WTF???
Original post by Kasarna
THANKS ALOT!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Finally I can do some questions which are worthwhile my time. Some of the questions in the edexcel revision guide are like WTF???

do you mean the edexcel revision guide or the study guide??

the study guide waffles too much but the end of unit questions for the revision guide are similar to those in the real exam
Reply 27
Guys any thing to help with memorising all the organic reactions + conditions.. theres soo much and I can't seem to get it all in my head :confused:
Reply 28
Original post by 11billi11

Original post by 11billi11
Guys any thing to help with memorising all the organic reactions + conditions.. theres soo much and I can't seem to get it all in my head :confused:

There isn't much on organic in Unit 4 tbh. Just go through the organic chapter making notes on the reactions (no additional info) and just go over it all until you remember it. Then practice with past papers.
Can anyone tell me how you would draw a ph graph
i hate those Q's
Reply 30

Can anyone tell me how you would draw a ph graph
i hate those Q's

Do you have an example question?
Do you have an example question?

ye:

June 2010

v) On the axes below, sketch the titration curve for this reaction when 30 cm^3 of the NaOH is added to 25cm^3 of the vinegar solution.

I love you so much :dancing::love:
Original post by Sailingslipelick

Your welcome

:danceboy:

Your welcome

:danceboy:

i think we got some hydrogen bonding going on folkes.
Reply 35

ye:

June 2010

v) On the axes below, sketch the titration curve for this reaction when 30 cm^3 of the NaOH is added to 25cm^3 of the vinegar solution.

Well, you know a strong base is being added to a weak acid. You should know the general shape for all 4 types of titration curves. You have already worked out the pH of the acid, so you have your starting point. You know that there is 5cm^3 more of the base being added so it's going to finish strongly alkaline (high pH). The equivalence point is at 12.5cm^3 so that is where you draw the vertical part of the graph.
Well, you know a strong base is being added to a weak acid. You should know the general shape for all 4 types of titration curves. You have already worked out the pH of the acid, so you have your starting point. You know that there is 5cm^3 more of the base being added so it's going to finish strongly alkaline (high pH). The equivalence point is at 12.5cm^3 so that is where you draw the vertical part of the graph.

I see, so to get 12.5, you just divide 25cm^3 by 2
why not the 30cm^3
Original post by James A

Our boiling temperature is very high :sexface: in the....
Original post by James A

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Only on TSR would you get this!:^_^::awesome:
Our boiling temperature is very high :sexface: in the....

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Only on TSR would you get this!:^_^::awesome:

xD, but you two can form dimers xD

im dichlorodifluoromethane because i can destoy the ozone, however i form permanent dipole dipole interactions with girls.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest