The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Ham_Sandwich, Pretty sure they said Mid-April along with all the financial info...They are on Easter break until Weds the 11th. :-\
Original post by vassrbex
Ham_Sandwich, Pretty sure they said Mid-April along with all the financial info...They are on Easter break until Weds the 11th. :-\

Yeah I forgot about Easter :colondollar: That's ok then, as long as I get somewhere nice :biggrin:
Reply 1702
goldsmiths or glasgow school of art?

could people give me some advice?
I got offer about Ba fine art. but my mine was whirling
(edited 12 years ago)
Whassup dudes, I got into Chelsea! The guy and I had some bromance going on and he gave me an offer on the spot, so happy. Now I have to make a difficult decision between Chelsea and Goldsmiths, haha. Any opinions between the two?
Anyone applying for halls at Goldsmiths this week? No idea where to choose!
Reply 1705
Original post by Princeling
Whassup dudes, I got into Chelsea! The guy and I had some bromance going on and he gave me an offer on the spot, so happy. Now I have to make a difficult decision between Chelsea and Goldsmiths, haha. Any opinions between the two?

Huge congrats! They've both got great reps so id go with whatever one felt better to you - sounds like your interview went really well at chelsea - thats often a good indication..... eother way they're both great :biggrin:
Reply 1706
Original post by Minnn
goldsmiths or glasgow school of art?

could people give me some advice?
I got offer about Ba fine art. but my mine was whirling

Thats brilliant, well done. If your thing is painting Id definately go with Glasgow - also has the benefit of being way cheaper to live. Goldsmiths is ultra conceptal and theoretical and the benefits of being in London.... trust your instinct!
Reply 1707
Act jus got rejected by Goldsmiths :colondollar: feel like an ******* :frown: ...
I think Ill be going to UCA farnham now, the 2 unis feel a hell of a way apart

Orrrr to reapply? I dunno, there's a lifetime to think about it from now till September but I wonder if I should go to Farnham this year or reapply for Goldsmiths next year for the sake of my education and future opportunities?
bahhhh Ill be 21 by the time i try again though :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Lol Farnham!

I only say this in view of fact I live round right hand bend, and feel it is not diverse enough as a University experience.

I have accepted my place now, so course set. Quite happy with it. Rejected Lancaster in the end due to the uncertainty about first year modules, even though my grades were exceeding their offer. Hope I can join the backlash against contemporary art at its most ridiculous heights.

Did laugh at the only poster on the UCL stalking page who has been brave enough to showcase their art and has been given a conditional place. Just goes to show beauty and talent is in the eye of the beholder....

Meanwhile working on my commissions, which are after all what pays the bacon.
Original post by Soares
Act jus got rejected by Goldsmiths :colondollar: feel like an ******* :frown: ...

Orrrr to reapply? I dunno, there's a lifetime to think about it from now till September but I wonder if I should go to Farnham this year or not for the sake of my education and future opportunities?

:hugs: do whatever feels right
never ever worry about age when it comes to this

Original post by doodlekin
Lol Farnham!

I only say this in view of fact I live round right hand bend, and feel it is not diverse enough as a University experience.

I have accepted my place now, so course set. Quite happy with it. Rejected Lancaster in the end due to the uncertainty about first year modules, even though my grades were exceeding their offer. Hope I can join the backlash against contemporary art at its most ridiculous heights.

Did laugh at the only poster on the UCL stalking page who has been brave enough to showcase their art and has been given a conditional place. Just goes to show beauty and talent is in the eye of the beholder....

Meanwhile working on my commissions, which are after all what pays the bacon.

i didn't understand half of this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kaylafrances

i didn't understand half of this.

Explains a lot.
lighten up.
Original post by doodlekin
Explains a lot.

sorry?

yeah, you're a dickhead
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1713

I would really love a second shot at the interview though, really don't think i sold myself right, the pressure ruined me I was a babbling idiot

now that I think back to it..... :frown:
Reply 1714

Original post by Soares
I would really love a second shot at the interview though, really don't think i sold myself right, the pressure ruined me I was a babbling idiot

now that I think back to it..... :frown:

Actually realllyyy tempted to ask them for another interview
Original post by Soares

i don't know, have they reconsidered people before?
If you feel like you really learnt from it and you would stand a better chance next time then you won't lose out by reapplying maybe
Reply 1716
Original post by Soares

it might be worth a try, but it's unlikely they will look at people again this year unless they know they're really not going to meet the required intake of students..but that would be in august time. I suppose you can either take a year out and try again, there are no guarantees but if you think that the extra time would help then i'd say go for it. Or go to farnham, (if you feel they do actually offer you something, like facilities, studio space etc) and just focus on making your work for three years and then apply to goldsmiths for a masters?
At the end of the day it's about what you want from your BA. There is no real correlation with where you go for your BA and where you end up ten years later. It's a case of self motivation and not much else.
hope this helps!
Original post by KED
Huge congrats! They've both got great reps so id go with whatever one felt better to you - sounds like your interview went really well at chelsea - thats often a good indication..... eother way they're both great :biggrin:

Thanks very much! :smile: After much debate, I think I'm going go to Chelsea. The exchange program is a big clincher for me.

I just went to the CSM foundation degree show today; it was SERIOUSLY impressive. I was shocked - like what, 20 something people got into Slade? Bizarre, and I really don't understand the way they choose people, haha. There were a couple whose work was WOW. Also a lot going to Chelsea, Goldsmiths and CSM, but that's to be expected. The show ends tomorrow; I really recommend people to go see it; it was a real eyeopener as to the quality of really high standards... really professional, the spaces, and tons of video/projector/high-end work.

Original post by Soares

Orrrr to reapply? I dunno, there's a lifetime to think about it from now till September but I wonder if I should go to Farnham this year or reapply for Goldsmiths next year for the sake of my education and future opportunities?

I'm sorry to hear that, Soares. :frown: Do whatever you think is right; education is important so it's good to get it right. Only go to Farnham if you really do want to, I say. x
Reply 1718

I'm sorry to hear that, Soares. :frown: Do whatever you think is right; education is important so it's good to get it right. Only go to Farnham if you really do want to, I say. x

I think I'm going to send a helpless plea for another interview

I just went to the CSM foundation degree show today; it was SERIOUSLY impressive. I was shocked - like what, 20 something people got into Slade? Bizarre, and I really don't understand the way they choose people, haha. There were a couple whose work was WOW. Also a lot going to Chelsea, Goldsmiths and CSM, but that's to be expected. The show ends tomorrow; I really recommend people to go see it; it was a real eyeopener as to the quality of really high standards... really professional, the spaces, and tons of video/projector/high-end work.

I went yesterday :smile: now I'm excited to see ours haha

Quick Reply

Latest