The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Computing F453 Official Thread 22/06/2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aydin7
I did the same

customer-----<-order-----<-item
single customer can place many orders and orders may have many items

That's exactly what my diagram was, yay.
Original post by jackpcraig
That's exactly what my diagram was, yay.

we got it right m8 :wink:
Surely if an item has many orders though it is assumed that that item can be ordered in many different orders so should be many to many or have a linking entity...
Original post by Aydin7
I did the same

Got this too - although admittedly I feel OCR should have phrased the question better!
Reply 364
Original post by John323
Surely if an item has many orders though it is assumed that that item can be ordered in many different orders so should be many to many or have a linking entity...

You'd assume that, but it didn't state that it's many to many. If you're on ebay, each item can only be sold once, I guess the shop must have a similar format.
Reply 365
Also the the question explicitly said 3 tables, so I'd imagine that you couldn't have a many to many relationship.
Original post by AKC...
Also the the question explicitly said 3 tables, so I'd imagine that you couldn't have a many to many relationship.

It didnt say the table was in 3rd Normal form though
Original post by John323
It didnt say the table was in 3rd Normal form though

Because then it gives you the answer, it specified 3 tables and the way they're connected.
Ok so it specified the product can only be ordered once? Im guessing what they might do is give the 3 marks for the lines which they said to draw and leave the last 1 to assumption
Original post by Aydin7
I did the same

I also did thatm does anyone actually know the correct answer?
Original post by Alfie90
I also did thatm does anyone actually know the correct answer?

I thought it should be many to many from the context but because it said at the end that an order can have many items I just put a one to many
Reply 371
So what marks does everyone think they may have got?
53/100 for A in F452
Original post by MrSplash
53/100 for A in F452

Yeah I am surprised at how low it is.
Compared to last year, F451 increased by 8 marks for an A and F452 decreased by 13 marks.
All my other exams are mostly +/-1 on last year, what the **** are OCR doing? Expected the increase/decrease, but not by such a margin.
Original post by jackpcraig
Yeah I am surprised at how low it is.

I think that 8 marker has alot to do with it tbh.
F454 as consistent as ever though - bet it's because everyone uses the exemplar material! Just hope I haven't been moderated down for something stupid..
Reply 377
How much has the F453 paper changed by? Also does anyone have the F453 paper and MS? Thanks
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Computing go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

comp

A* in Computing, literally just on the border! My F454 was moderated down quite a bit though - not that I care! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending