The Student Room Group

Article: Nursing personal statements

Scroll to see replies

SHOULD TOTALLY DO A DUAL ONE: ADULT AND CHILD, ADULT AND MENTAL ETC..... these courses do exist and I need help... :/
Original post by KirsttyyM
SHOULD TOTALLY DO A DUAL ONE: ADULT AND CHILD, ADULT AND MENTAL ETC..... these courses do exist and I need help... :/

Check out the guidance for writing a medicine PS (linked in my signature below). There is a lot of overlap. Then just focus on why nursing (and why the particular type of nursing)

there's only 5 unis that do dual i think so maybe no one has done those courses on tsr yet. From what i can tell you need to explain why doing both branches is exactly what you want to do and what skills you have that apply to both:smile:

I do think it would be good to have separate sections for each branch in the ps articles as it varies massively between branch.
@KirsttyyM , i m starting mental health in september so if you d like some help with you re ps welcome to pm me or post in the nursing and midwifery section theres lots of helpful student nurses/nurses about on tsr:smile:
In fact i dont think i ve uploaded my ps yet so will try and add mine to the wiki afterwards.

I'm the Personal Statement Advisor for nursing and allied health courses, please feel free to PM me with your questions and I'll do my best to help.
Reply 7
I think it would be great if in the example personal statements it said if an offer was made or not so we know if it is a good or bad personal statement in the eyes of the admissions tutor :-)
Reply 8
Original post by JStewart
I think it would be great if in the example personal statements it said if an offer was made or not so we know if it is a good or bad personal statement in the eyes of the admissions tutor :-)

They do say if the applicant was accepted, what universities they applied to and the grades they achieved. Did you not scroll all the way down the page?
Reply 9
i need help starting my personal statement. Pls, HELP !!!
Original post by babsorex
i need help starting my personal statement. Pls, HELP !!!

Start with the middle bit. Look at the guidance in my signature below for more general guidance and post back if you've got any specific questions :smile:
Reply 11
i have started writing my statement, but i think is not enough and it not good enough.
Original post by babsorex
i have started writing my statement, but i think is not enough and it not good enough.

have you had someone you know personally have a look at it for you?
have you talked about your experiences,the role of a nurse etc?
Original post by Charlotte49
I'm the Personal Statement Advisor for nursing and allied health courses, please feel free to PM me with your questions and I'll do my best to help.

Would you mind if I PM you my Personal Statement to read through and giving me some feedback please.

kind regards

Natasha
Reply 14
Original post by *Interrobang*
Check out the guidance for writing a medicine PS (linked in my signature below). There is a lot of overlap. Then just focus on why nursing (and why the particular type of nursing)

Where can I find this medicine personal statement from which you are referring to?
Original post by paris19
Where can I find this medicine personal statement from which you are referring to?

Here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Advice_for_People_Writing_their_Medicine_Personal_Statements
Original post by Charlotte49

Hi I wanted to ask if it was okay for me to send you my personal statement and give me feedback. Its not complete but not sure what else I should write
Original post by khalifa2908
Hi I wanted to ask if it was okay for me to send you my personal statement and give me feedback. Its not complete but not sure what else I should write

That is not what the PS advisors are for - we can't accept PSs like that, we can only answer questions on this forum. Don't send your PS to anyone over the internet
Original post by claireestelle
there's only 5 unis that do dual i think so maybe no one has done those courses on tsr yet. From what i can tell you need to explain why doing both branches is exactly what you want to do and what skills you have that apply to both:smile:

I do think it would be good to have separate sections for each branch in the ps articles as it varies massively between branch.

which ones?
I have only heard if southhampton
Original post by *Interrobang*

Where? I can't find it

Edit: i have realised you posted it on here.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending