The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by electriic_ink
Anyone know any good Chinese takeaways that deliver to campus?

I usually order from here
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Cheers. This is an excellent website but unfortunately Dominoes won (again). Bookmarked.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1462
Original post by electriic_ink
Cheers. This is an excellent website but unfortunately Dominoes won (again). Bookmarked.

When doesn't it win :rolleyes:
Saying that...I ordered some excellent kebabs today :biggrin: They stuck a flyerr under my door so we thought we would try it out.
Oe the note of good takeaways I heard there's a sex shop in Leamington, anyone know where it is or at least what it's called?
(edited 12 years ago)
lolz love that someone negged me for ^. it's not actually for me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Ann Summers ?
Any other unfortunate souls have a house inspection this week? The traditional bi-annual house cleaning was a lot of fun. Our house is one of the very few Warwick properties that has still not been taken on the accommodation website. The inspector was suspicious that people didn't want it because we had wrecked it.

No, the house itself is nice, just our neighbours are ****ing psychotic and I haven't had an uninterrupted nights sleep for three months. That's probably why it's untaken!
Original post by Focus08
Tokyo is louder

Except I'll be in student halls in Tokyo, and not sharing paper thin walls with the world's loudest baby screaming and crying throughout the night.
Reply 1468
Original post by screenager2004

Original post by screenager2004
Any other unfortunate souls have a house inspection this week? The traditional bi-annual house cleaning was a lot of fun. Our house is one of the very few Warwick properties that has still not been taken on the accommodation website. The inspector was suspicious that people didn't want it because we had wrecked it.

No, the house itself is nice, just our neighbours are ****ing psychotic and I haven't had an uninterrupted nights sleep for three months. That's probably why it's untaken!

Ours was a couple of weeks ago, which we passed. Just had a look on the website, it seems it's still up there. The house itself is pretty good quality but the location is awful.
Does Warwick uni have an ads page for people looking for housemates? There is only so much on rightmove/primelocation.
Reply 1470
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Does Warwick uni have an ads page for people looking for housemates? There is only so much on rightmove/primelocation.

Have a look on the student's union forum http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/
Original post by ttoby
Have a look on the student's union forum http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/

Ah, brilliant. Just what I'm looking for. Cheers.
Reply 1472
Hello. I have an unconditional offer for MMORSE. I would like to take some extra modules. Has anybody here chosen an Unusual Option during their first year ? Eg : a language module, like French ? How did you find it ?
Original post by kovostan
Hello. I have an unconditional offer for MMORSE. I would like to take some extra modules. Has anybody here chosen an Unusual Option during their first year ? Eg : a language module, like French ? How did you find it ?

It is possible to take an unusual option in any year, although I personally haven't taken any language module. This page will give you information about the Language Centre and click on French to see the course structure of each level of module :smile:
Reply 1474
Just wondering, is accommodation first-come-first-served?

I thought that as long as you applied before July 31st, you get equal consideration.

I checked the Warwick website and the accommodation thread but couldn't find anything on this. Some of my friends are saying that all their unis are first-come-first-served.

Thank you!
Original post by KP 2010

I thought that as long as you applied before July 31st, you get equal consideration.

I checked the Warwick website and the accommodation thread but couldn't find anything on this. Some of my friends are saying that all their unis are first-come-first-served.

Thank you!

Before July 31st, for all intents and purposes, it's equal consideration.
Original post by KP 2010

Thank you!

It's not first come first served if you are a first year undergraduate:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/11/allocation11/

:h:

Apply before the end of next month at you will be fine.
Are there any international or private applicants around here who has to verify the documents/certificates before 31 August????

The university says that all documents should be printed on school headed paper, stamped with school official stamp and signed by authorised member.

But I have my IGCSEs certificate which I have done privately in British Council, Bangkok and not through any school so it will be okay if I just scan or copy the original certificate and send to them right????
Reply 1478
Original post by cazzy-joe
Are there any international or private applicants around here who has to verify the documents/certificates before 31 August????

The university says that all documents should be printed on school headed paper, stamped with school official stamp and signed by authorised member.

But I have my IGCSEs certificate which I have done privately in British Council, Bangkok and not through any school so it will be okay if I just scan or copy the original certificate and send to them right????

It probably won't matter if you didn't do your IGCSEs at your school, the university just wants a suitable person to verify their authenticity.
Copies of my A level and GCSE certificates were signed by the exams officer at my former 6th form and Warwick was fine with this.
Original post by tJin
It probably won't matter if you didn't do your IGCSEs at your school, the university just wants a suitable person to verify their authenticity.
Copies of my A level and GCSE certificates were signed by the exams officer at my former 6th form and Warwick was fine with this.

So in short, I have to get my IGCSEs and all other certificates photocopied on paper with school headed, stamped and signed by a head teacher from school right???

Quick Reply

Latest