University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

University of Gloucestershire opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Harriet : )
Are you going to the Oxford Brookes open day tomorrow? :smile:

I did actually go in the end although did get there a little late, I thought it was okay but quite basic i suppose :smile: What did you think about it?
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Bettypratchit
Gloucesterhsire is my first choice university, I am going in Sept 2012 to do Business Management. The Park campus seems to be nice (even in the rain :wink: ). I would advise you to go to a university where you feel comfortable in going but also has a good reputation too. UoG for me has both of these things that I was looking for. Hope your search goes well for you!

Thanks I really like the sound of it looking forward to the open day - now i just hope i get the grades! :smile:
Original post by jada897
I did actually go in the end although did get there a little late, I thought it was okay but quite basic i suppose :smile: What did you think about it?

What campus were you at? Teaching was at the Harcourt Hill Campus so I only saw that- first impressions were good, nice campus, brand new accommodation very nice :smile: I know what you mean about basic, but the course for me seemed really well laid out. Kinda scared though, 1000 people apply for Primary Teaching and only 90 places are available! :O
Reply 23
What campus were you at? Teaching was at the Harcourt Hill Campus so I only saw that- first impressions were good, nice campus, brand new accommodation very nice :smile: I know what you mean about basic, but the course for me seemed really well laid out. Kinda scared though, 1000 people apply for Primary Teaching and only 90 places are available! :O

I was at the headington one on gypsy lane, i was quite disapointed but maybe because i didnt get the full experience as i was late ? :smile: I really didnt like the fact you have to bus to campus/town either :P
Original post by jada897
I was at the headington one on gypsy lane, i was quite disapointed but maybe because i didnt get the full experience as i was late ? :smile: I really didnt like the fact you have to bus to campus/town either :P

I didn't go to headington as there was no real need! Maybe I guess, I know it certianly got a lot quieter as the day went on :smile: Really? I wasn't that fussed, maybe because I have to catch buses regularly now, it just doesn't bother me! :smile:
Reply 25
I didn't go to headington as there was no real need! Maybe I guess, I know it certianly got a lot quieter as the day went on :smile: Really? I wasn't that fussed, maybe because I have to catch buses regularly now, it just doesn't bother me! :smile:

Yea thats true, I get buses about 4 times a day atm and I hate it so much I really want a full on campus uni :smile: Are you going to the 16th June gloucestershire open day?
Original post by jada897
Yea thats true, I get buses about 4 times a day atm and I hate it so much I really want a full on campus uni :smile: Are you going to the 16th June gloucestershire open day?

Really? I didn't think there were that many Uni's that were on one full campus :s-smilie: Yup I am! Hopefully it'll be nice weather :biggrin:
Reply 27
Really? I didn't think there were that many Uni's that were on one full campus :s-smilie: Yup I am! Hopefully it'll be nice weather :biggrin:

Hmm true but maybe more so than Brookes but each to their own :smile: yeaa should be good!
Original post by jada897
Wow! that was really useful thanks! Im going to the open day on the 16th so should get more of a feel for it but its nice to know others opinions of living there :biggrin:

Thats no problem at all! Yea, I'm sure you will like Cheltenham at the open day!
Reply 29
It was really nice! Small I guess and not that much on the campus but a really friendly atmosphere :biggrin:
Original post by jada897
It was really nice! Small I guess and not that much on the campus but a really friendly atmosphere :biggrin:

Which Campus did you visit? :smile:
Reply 31
Francis Hall :smile:
Original post by jada897
Francis Hall :smile:

Same as me! Was soooo pretty and unique I thought :biggrin: I thought the halls were nice too- rooms seemed pretty big aswell- compared to the Westminster ones too at Oxford Brookes :/
Reply 33
Same as me! Was soooo pretty and unique I thought :biggrin: I thought the halls were nice too- rooms seemed pretty big aswell- compared to the Westminster ones too at Oxford Brookes :/

Yea definitely, do you know how competitive it is to get in? I have no idea :smile: seems a nice place to study - not sure about the nightlife though ?
Original post by jada897
Yea definitely, do you know how competitive it is to get in? I have no idea :smile: seems a nice place to study - not sure about the nightlife though ?

I'm not too sure, I know for my course there is 800 applicants for 120 places, so quite competitive I believe :smile: That's true, it won't be as student orientated as OB and they don't give you a totally free bus pass like OB do, the pass they give you only subsides them :/
Reply 35
I'm not too sure, I know for my course there is 800 applicants for 120 places, so quite competitive I believe :smile: That's true, it won't be as student orientated as OB and they don't give you a totally free bus pass like OB do, the pass they give you only subsides them :/

Ouch thats very competitive! Where did you find out that I could see anything like it for history on their website :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by superturtle

What else to say?! Other little events that I do with friends is the Haunted Hayride at Over Farm Market in Gloucester! REALLY good fun at Halloween! Pretty scary though! haha!

Ah yes, bringing back the memories.

OP - I can't really comment on the university itself but regarding Cheltenham there's not much else to say what that dude hasn't covered, it has all your basic needs really. I'm not a massive fan of it personally but that's probably down to me just being tired of it. :tongue: All of my friends who do go to the University of Gloucestershire absolutely love it, though. That is all I have to say.
Reply 37
Original post by Jackso
Ah yes, bringing back the memories.

OP - I can't really comment on the university itself but regarding Cheltenham there's not much else to say what that dude hasn't covered, it has all your basic needs really. I'm not a massive fan of it personally but that's probably down to me just being tired of it. :tongue: All of my friends who do go to the University of Gloucestershire absolutely love it, though. That is all I have to say.

Ah thanks :smile: I really like the uni although not really sure about the town and i would prefer a slightly bigger campus :frown: but i think im being too picky. Also I'm not sure yet but i dont think my predicted grades will be any better than BBB
Original post by jada897
Ouch thats very competitive! Where did you find out that I could see anything like it for history on their website :smile:

From the student ambassadors :smile: OB is more competitive though- 1000 apply for 90 places :eek: Which course are you interested in anyway? :smile:
Reply 39
From the student ambassadors :smile: OB is more competitive though- 1000 apply for 90 places :eek: Which course are you interested in anyway? :smile:

Ohhh yea I should have asked! History which is usually quite competitive anyway :frown: :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending