The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

This poll is closed

How confident are you you've done well?

100% confident i'll do well 10%
Possibly some unexpected results 24%
Could go either way, i'm not sure 43%
I'm preparing for the worst23%
Total votes: 1713
If you're expecting your A levels in August (just over a month away now :woo:), where do you think you fit on the scale?

We did something like this last year, so get voting and we'll see how this year compares with last :biggrin:

So how well do you think you'll do? Vote!

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty much 100% confident on my A-levels, but I need STEP for my first choice uni (which is also on the same day so seems fair to include) so I went with 'could go either way' as I'm really not sure how that went.

EDIT: Right, I don't mind if you neg me, but at least tell me what you find wrong with my post instead of pathetically hiding behind that neg button. I answered the question pretty directly and provided a bit of explanation - nothing else, I even used pre-given answers to answer! So what warrants the negative rating - do share. Someone further down does the same as me and just posts an answer, but because it's one of a LACK of confidence he gets +40 rep or whatever. Why? Do you feel that you must knock down people who succeed (or at least think they're succeeding) and cheer on those who don't (or at least think they won't) as some sort of 'underdog mentality'?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Confident with chemistry but maths and biology... I have no idea -.-
Preparing for the worst I'm afraid.
Could go either way :s-smilie:
Reply 5
preparing for the worst
Reply 6
I keep going it will be good to prepare to resit :/ then back to feeling good
Could go either way, I'm not certain about the vast majority of my exams... :frown:
Reply 8
Confident in further maths but not sure about physics.
Physics went horribly, the only thing getting me through is that it's normally 50% ish for an A
My boy Greenlantern1 made a thread about this....
But yeah who knows, work in = work out, remember smart work is best work! :biggrin:

2 people don't believe in smart work I see.
BigJuan
and anonstudent1
(edited 11 years ago)
Definitely preparing for the worst :tongue:
Reply 12
Stabbing myself and teaching myself not to cry as the pain on results day will be as bad if not worse.

Whoever wrote the AQA CHEM5 paper has destroyed many peoples hopes and dreams he/she should be shot.
(edited 11 years ago)
I guess I'm a hundred precent sure that I'll do well in physics, as for the rest of my exams I'm just hopeful. I do know that I'm getting my first X grade this year though :tongue:

Edit: Hey, whats with the negative rep? Is it because I said that I will do well in Physics? Because I worked really hard for those exams.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
I wish we could be able to choose at least two choices but yeah I chose unexpected results.

Was contemplating choosing between 'could go either way' or 'preparing for the worst' but decided that unexpected results is the best choice because of past experiences.

In the past, I sat for Maths, General Paper and Biology and thought I screwed up really bad but when results came, I got A and B grades and was really surprised but glad by the unexpected twist of the event. I'm really anxious and worrying like hell (I know worrying does not change anything, but still...) and hoping my best that I would get satisfactory grades:redface:
After being battered by AQA Chem 5 :frown: I lost all my confidence... had a panic attack in Maths two days later... I'm preparing for the worst :sigh:

I was very confident before Chem 5 exam... after the first question of that paper, all remnants of confidence was destroyed :frown:
Reply 16
I concur with the AQA CHEM 5 talk. That is gonna get me. And Edexcel Biol 4 ... Lost like 20 marks because I ran out of time.
Reply 17
Original post by hassi94
Keep hearing people talk about this Chem 5 paper and even saw the facebook group but the 3 chemistry-doing (AQA) friends that I have said it was fine. A little difficult, but fine - weird that it has had such a backlash from some people :s-smilie:

Most of the question were borderline non-spec questions. They gave wrong information so you couldn't answer a question which was worth a lot of marks.
Reply 18
Preparing for the absolute worst ://///

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by . .

Whoever wrote the AQA CHEM5 paper has destroyed many peoples hopes and dreams he/she should be shot.

I concur.. that paper annihilated my confidence, meaning my next exams suffered :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest